++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > CreedFeed Contests!
Today's Posts «

Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
CREEDFEED CONTEST #1 - Tell Us Your Favorite Creed Song and Why!

CREEDFEED CONTEST #1
August 31st to September 4th

This is the first of two contests CreedFeed is holding to have a bit of fun on the message boards and give the fans an opportunity to win a very cool prize!

The Contest:

Tell us what your favorite Creed song is and why. Post your message here in this thread. The only limitation is you must mention a Creed song and some reason why it is your favorite. You can write one sentence or twenty paragraphs - it's all up to you!

The Prize:

Five winners will receive a one year membership to the Creed fan club - a $24.95 value!!

The Official Creed Fan Club - CreedWorld.com - offers fans a unique community setting featuring all the latest breaking Creed news and information, as well as a community setting with message boards and blogs! Fans are able to participate in exclusive contests and build up "points" which can be used to purchase cool Creed merchandise (hopefully coming soon?!?).

The Rules:

You must be a CreedFeed Community Message Board member in order to post and have the opportunity to win.

Members may make only one posting in a contest. If you make a second post in the contest topic you will be disqualified and not have an opportunity to win. Please only make one post in the contest forum and do not reply or discuss other entries. If you wish to discuss entries, start a new topic in the forums.

Starting on Monday, August 31st, one winner will be selected at random from all who made a valid post in this topic. Contest will run August 31st to September 4th with one winner selected each day. Winners will be announced the following day.

No matter when you make your post, if you have not been previously selected as a winner your name will be included in the drawing. Example: if you make a post on August 31st, your name will be included in the first drawing. If you do not win the drawing on August 31st, you will still be eligible to win for all future drawings up to the contest end date.

Winners will be notified via Private Message from Steve through the CreedFeed message board system.

Winners are not required to submit any personal information to CreedFeed.com other then any data required to register on the forums.

Prizes will be delivered digitally in the form of a special code to enter on the CreedWorld website.

If you have any questions regarding the contest, please private message Steve or start a new topic in the forums.

You may start posting entries NOW! Have fun!!

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 08-27-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Krisoz26
USER INFO »
Re: CREEDFEED CONTEST #1 - Tell Us Your Favorite Creed Song and Why!

Wash away the years. It's so deep and the words are so intense.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

One of my favorites it "Hide". When me and my wife were dating in high school This became our song because I got her into Creed I was 18 she was 17. We have been together for 7 years now married for 6. Its tough to listen to the song now because she had a major brain hemmorrhage in 2007 causeing major brain damage and has placed he in a nursing home probably for the rest of her life...oh she is only 24!! I hurt for my children(6 and 3) because she now lives in her own world, and doesnt really know her family anymore. I put that song on every now and then to remember the good times we experienced..Thanks for letting me share Steve
Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
austin.
USER INFO »

higher. my grandma doesn't have much time to live and this will be a song played at her funeral. i think it has the best lyrics of any Creed song if you're interested in the Lord and it's got a nice grunge feel to it.
________
Ecigarettes

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
skyguy86
USER INFO »

I have a Creed song that may not necessarily be their most mainstream hit or their hardest hitting song. But it is a song that speaks to me volumes more than any song ever could. And that song is:

Wash Away Those Years.

Not only does the subject matter alone rip my heart out every time I hear it, it is a somewhat personal song as well. No, not me directly, but people in my life. When I first heard this song, all I could think of was the sheer emotion that is displayed. I can hear, almost physically FEEL, the pain in Scott's voice. The slight quivver in his voice leads one to believe that this song is dear to his heart, as he is on the verge of tears. And it does bring me to tears every single time I hear it.
I hear the chorus and close my eyes and I can't help but softly singing the words, only to find tears running down my face. This song and this song alone has gotten me through some of the worst times in my life. There were nights when I would lie in bed and hit repeat on this song and listen for an hour, sometimes more. This song, along with the tears that it brought, put me to sleep a lot of nights on nights where I was completely distrought and restless.
No song has ever pulled so much out of me. To me, this is what music is defined as. The ability to put absolute emotion into one single song is absolutely incredible, and Creed has done it with this song. Yes, they have heavier songs. Yes, they have songs that have been played countless times on the radio. But not one song in their catalog of amazing work can move someone as emotionally, mentally, and spiritually as Wash Away Those Years does.

I truly believe that after hearing this song, my life has changed. I love my friends more and more every day because of this song; I don't know what could happen tomorrow or the next day. So I live for today, not the past; my inspiration is Wash Away Those Years.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
nagpo
USER INFO »

Overcome is my favorite creed song right now. It is my favorite because it offers an uplifting message while at the same time giving you the best music creed has ever put out.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #7
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

My Own Prison due to the affect it had on my life. It saved my life everytime I went into my dark place, this song grabbed at a time I didn't feel accepted by anyone and each time I heard it, it reminded me that all that matters is what God thinks of me.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
WHATSTHISLIFE4
USER INFO »

What’s Up Creedfeed?

My favorite Creed song has got to be My Own Prison.

I don’t know if anybody else remembers but when I first heard this song I couldn’t quite make out all the words but it still sounded good.

Overtime, My Own Prison became to mean many things to me. It was a song that helped me enjoy many types of different music. At that time, I wasn’t really into rock music and this was one of the songs that help me broaden my horizons.

Also, this song came at a time when I was going through a lot of different things in my life and like most Creed songs this song personally related to the trials and tribulations I was experiencing. I heard this song and I then knew I’ve made a lot of bad decisions. My Own Prison, help me face the mistakes that I have made.

This song brings back so many memories. I remember me and a friend use to go to Guitar Center and he would pick up a guitar and start playing My Own Prison. At that moment, he was Mark and I was Scott. To this day, I still remember myself trying to belt out the Oohs in the chorus. We use to jam some Creed songs at Guitar Center.

In college, I’ve even written papers on this song.

Creed has definitely been an inspiration. They have been music therapy to my ears.

Last edited by WHATSTHISLIFE4 : 08-27-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
revisfoot
USER INFO »

My favorite Creed song is "Stand Here With Me"

It's an uplifting and powerful song that my high school baseball team adopted as the team theme. The lyrics and how they speak of holding on to one another, being there for one another, these are all ideas that we should all hold dear to. Our team took the song to heart, and we lifted one another up in tough games. We would listen to the song as a group before a game, and the music would pump us up while reaffirming our bond as a team.

"On and on we sing because you stand here with me."
Old 08-28-2009, 12:13 AM   #10
creedm1981
USER INFO »

"Are you ready" is the awesom song I have chosen,because when I was a United States Marine, I got introduced to Creed music while I was deployed overseas in Iraq during the year of 2004-2005. This song and it's lyrics were so meaningful to me in my life because of all the turmoil and hardships I was faced with as a young man in the fogs of war and fear of the unknown. The song always kept me motivated from minute to minute through my months in a world unseen to many. It always kept me pressing on and fighting for what I believe in. I had to believe somehow, I had my wife and kids back home in the states and that was tough enough for both sides of the fence. When I first heard Creed this was the first song to pop up on the Human Clay album and something within my heart said this is rock music in reality and it really carried me through the tough times. Human clay is an awesome album, but I would choose are you ready because It's the first time I heard Creed. Now that i finished my two tours overseas and am now working in the "real" world, I still throw that song on in the morning to fight the day I wake to.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

One. The guitar riff at the end really grabbed me and led me on a quest to find out more about the band, which in turn, led me to CreedFeed, which in turn, led me to meet some awesome people who have become my very good friends.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #12
in reality
USER INFO »

Mine would be Overcome, I think it is an awesome song with so many different interpretations to it. It is very spiritual and meaningful to me, as it seems about having to go against someone once known very well and now long gone. Very moving song too, one of the most intense songs by Creed.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
giglbeka
USER INFO »

As my favorite Creed song I have chosen the song Whatīs This Life For because it means so much for me. It will already keep reminding me forever the moment when I quite for the first time heard this bandīs awesome and unique sound. It was in late 2001, I guess, when I watched Halloween H20: 20 Years Later movie. I remember that I taped this movie onto my video recorder and when it ended, this song started to play. I didnīt know the song and didnīt know at all who the band was. But this song has attracted to me by the sound I have never heard before. I was the usual listener of pop music and kind of this "softer" music in general then. But since I was hooked with this song my musical tastes have drastically changed. And I think that Creed is what started my music passion (well, maybe even my obsession )... Anyway, they have become my favorite ones and now Iīm more of a rocker certainly due to them. And because Iīm not from the U.S. (but from Europe), and I donīt have the MTV, VH1 or some another music television, I highly doubt that I have ever learned about this band if I havenīt heard this song then.

I remember I listened to Whatīs This Life For over and over...And I came to love the part: ..."But they ainīt here anymore, donīt have to settle the score..." and how it goes on till the end of the song. Since then I always have been getting a "goose bumps" going through my whole body listening to that. And this feeling is very sweet. This part of the song makes me dance with joy around my room and it makes me fully feel this groove.

And in the end of my post I have to say that Creed has exactly hit the genre of music I absolutely love and which I have ever been addicted to. They have become what I truly need when Iīm down and depressed. I am never going to stop being grateful to them for that. Thanks so much, Creed...

Last edited by giglbeka : 08-29-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #14
lmaiello
USER INFO »

"hide" had always been my favorite Creed song. It has a deep meaning to me and my wife. It was always our little special love song that ended up being our wedding song. We had alot going against us at the time and the chorus always seemed to fit in as the soundtrack of our lives together.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »

There are so many great songs from Creed and many that have touched my life. They're lyrics are so deep and meaningful that it's hard to choose just one, but the song I look back most fondly on is Inside Us All. That song literally saved my life. I've battled with depression (among other things) for many years and have attempted suicide on many occasions, primarily before I was medicated. One day after school, on one of my attempts, I was in the garage which my father uses as a workshop. I was standing on the shop chair with a rope over a rafter getting ready to hang myself. I secured one end to the rafter and proceeded to tie the other around my neck. I didn't know how to tie a noose and supposed a slip-knot would suffice. My knees felt weak as I stepped off the chair. The rafter beam broke and I fell to the floor and began again cursing God for making me live. I cried as the words to Inside Us All came to my mind: "Life can hold you down, when you're not looking up. Can't you hear the sound? Heart's beating out loud. Although the names change, inside we're all the same, why can't we tear down these walls and show the scars we're covering. There's a peace inside us all, let it be your friend. It will help you carry on in the end."

I have longed to meet Creed in person to thank them for saving my life and have never had the chance. Until now. On October 2nd I will be seeing Creed live for the first time ever in Salt Lake City. I will then tell them. That's reward enough for me.

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"