++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
nickmiller71
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Proof that God exists...

Where is it?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Proof that God exists...

Quote: (Originally Posted by nickmiller71) Where is it?
Inside Us All Brother Inside Us All inside us all
Old 11-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #3
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

So, do you really want to know, Nick?

Jason
Old 11-18-2009, 04:02 AM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr

It would be great if you were at the point where you could ask God yourself, cos I believe He would show you.

More and more historical evidence is coming up that the things written in the bible are fact. You could even google that. And over 90% of the worlds population believe that there is a God. That should stand for something. So many believe that they have heard God or seen a sign from God or had prayer answered from God...There has to be something to it.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

I'm sure everybody has had some expirience that makes them believe. Some are good, some are bullshit. But many people take the bible to be proof of god......... (fart)

I highly recomend any religious people willing to take a good look at their beliefs and not shrug off any criticism of religion as improper teaching or blasphemy (Jason, and like at least 5 others im sure) to watch religulous, it's is a documentary by Bill Maher which shows a lot of evidence that the bible and most importantly the story of Jesus is plagarized amongst other things
Old 11-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I'm sure everybody has had some expirience that makes them believe. Some are good, some are bullshit. But many people take the bible to be proof of god......... (fart)

I highly recomend any religious people willing to take a good look at their beliefs and not shrug off any criticism of religion as improper teaching or blasphemy (Jason, and like at least 5 others im sure) to watch religulous, it's is a documentary by Bill Maher which shows a lot of evidence that the bible and most importantly the story of Jesus is plagarized amongst other things

Hello Buried

First of all I'll say you've got me cornered down pretty good in one area and maybe not quite as good in another. While being more or less raised a christian, I have gone through my moments in my life where I questioned my beliefs and whether I was right or not. I don't know if I did it as diligently or completely as some perhaps have, but I didn't really need to either. I did have a period of time where I wondered if I was truly correct in believing there was a God at all.

Now, when it comes to bad or incorrect teaching, absolutely I believe that's the cause of a lot of the problems facing Christianity itself. Go into almost any church building and you'll hear them talk about the rapture and you'll read books and see bumper stickers and t-shirts and I'm sure you can even go on YouTube and see gobs of videos depicting people disappearing from their cars and this picture of mass chaos as all of a sudden millions of people just disappear. The only problem is that's not a scenario that's mentioned in the bible. The bible is clear and Christ was clear that Antichrist comes first, and there will be no gathering back to Christ until after that happens.

That's just one example, but I'm pretty sure most everyone has spent some time in a church pew or two. Most of us have probably spent a good bit of time in them. Now, how many of the pastors, reverends, whatever they prefer to be called, how many of them simply teach the bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse? How many people can honestly say they belong to a church or have been to a church where they do this? Just strict bible teaching, rightly dividing the Word, referring back to the original languages even, without anecdotes and stories about Aunt Sally and last week's football game? How many times could you walk out after hearing a sermon and say you truly learned something? Or better yet, how many times could you repeat back to someone what you learned? Did it make you grow and understand more of the Word, or did it just give you kind of a temporary "spiritual high"?

While we're throwing invitations out there, I'll say that I never had experienced any of that type of teaching until I came across Arnold Murray and his ministry at www.shepherdschapel.com

I would invite anyone who's hungry, thirsty, or just curious to listen to one or more of their lectures and tell me if there's any difference between them and the "fluff" that unfortunately most churches today feed you. It's really sad too, because you can't feed people, you can't feed starving souls fluff, especially at this time when there are so many people who do want to learn and be fed, and especially at a time when there is so much deception out there and when you have Satan anxious to swoop in and take in anyone who would be mislead.

I'll get to Bill Maher in another post. I just wanted to get that out of the way.

Jason
Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Now, as far as Bill Maher goes, I have not seen his film. Maybe I'll watch it one day, maybe I won't. To be honest, just having seen one scene from the trailer where he apparently made a point to talk to someone who claimed to be Jesus (serious or joking, I don't know) is really enough for me to kind of decide it's more than likely not worth my time.

But to call it a documentary is, imho an insult to those who actually make them with no bias. It's rare today, I'll admit to have people do much of anything in a truly objective manner with no bias or agenda. But Bill Maher is not a historian or an expert on languages, or on any religion. He's pretty much an avowed atheist or agnostic. I've seen it said that he's made a point to say that he's not an atheist, and I've seen it said where he actually indicated that he was. Regardless, he certainly has no great affection toward any religious beliefs. If he had made a documentary with the specific intent of seriously and rationally analyzing the bible and any other book or set of religious beliefs, that would be one thing. But he didn't, which brings me to what else Bill Maher is. He's a comedian, and he made a "documentary" with the help of the director of Borat in which he mostly went around talking to people with the intent of poking fun at those who have any kind of religious or spiritual beliefs.

Contrast that to Lee Strobel, who I mentioned in the other thread. Lee was an atheist/agnostic who didn't go out with a camera crew talking with people dressed up and claiming to be Jesus. He went out with a tape recorder and went to universities across the country, speaking with Christians who were also highly respected academicians. He posed questions and objections where he felt they were relevant, and respectfully allowed them to answer. He took a very judicial, journalistic, studious,and respectful approach to the matter at hand and when it was all said and done became a christian.

The claims made by Maher I'm sure are nothing new. It's easy to read a piece here and there by an "expert" and if you are a nonbeliever yourself except that as "evidence" that the bible is plagiarized or flawed in certain ways. The thing is, it's much more likely the plagiarism came from the other religions, and that's when there's a case for it at all. I've seen sources that say there's nothing in the ancient documents and Egyptian scholars don't claim or agree with the notion of a direct copy or similarity on either end between Jesus Christ and say, Osiris.

http://www.tektonics.org/copycat/osy.html

Some people believe the Old Testament stories in some instances are copied from the Sumerian stories. But when one considers there's great evidence that the Sumerian king known as Sargon the Magnificent was actually the bible's first murderer in Cain, and you understand who his father was, then it's not hard to see why he would want to pervert the real truth. Cain's true father was not Adam, and they were not eating apples in the Garden of Eden. If they were eating apples, why did they sew fig leaves over their private or sexual parts? Why are we talking about Eve's conception and her seed (children) and the serpent's (Satan's) seed (again, children)? Why do we have Christ later telling the Pharisees that they are of their father the devil, and teaching in a parable of the wicked one sowing a seed of people or children? Where's it say anything about an apple tree in Genesis?

These "documentaries" that come out, there's nothing new under the sun. I actually agree that people do get carried away with religious ideas. But there is still one shining light of truth, which I say is Jesus Christ. You mock and scoff at the notion that the bible provides truth, but as has already been mentioned, the more digging they do out in that part of the world, the more they find most of history and archaeology backs it up. It's also changed a whole lot of lives for the better too.

Jason
Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

I will say one more thing on this subject, and then leave it for a while.

So many people say "show me proof that God exists", or "prove to me that Christianity is the true religion", but yet so many of those same people will only accept "proof" that meets their criteria or expectations. It's been that way pretty much since man has walked under the sun, to use a common theme or line from the book of Ecclesiastes.

Take a look at some of the people of Jesus' time, specifically those who were fed during the miracle of the Feeding of the 5,000. What was the reaction of some of them afterward? This was a crowd of 5,000 people and they had 5 loaves of bread and 2 little fishes to feed to that crowd. But Jesus took that small amount and blessed it and miraculously made it enough so as not only did they have enough food for everyone to eat until they were full, but they had 12 baskets full of bread that were left over. But after that, what were some of the people saying. As it is written in John 6:30, they asked Jesus, "What sign shewest Thou then, that we may see and believe Thee?"

He had just fed a crowd of 5,000 with 2 fishes and 5 loaves of bread and they still needed to see a sign from Him so they could believe.

Consider the parable of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16, where the rich man pleaded for Lazarus to be sent back to his 5 brothers so that they don't end up where he is. He says to Abraham, "If they see someone who has died come back and preach to them, they will believe and repent." But Abraham tells him, they have Moses and the prophets, and if isn't enough (paraphrasing here), or if they don't believe them, they won't even believe if one comes back from the dead to speak to them."

The morale of the story, is I believe there are people who could see Jesus Christ come down from heaven on a white horse or whatever they choose to believe or however they choose to see it, show them nail piercings in His hands,and go and raise the dead in a morgue and they would still ask "What else you got?"

My honest reply and even question back to anyone asking for proof is what I first said. "Do you really want to know?" If you do, then earnestly seek after it. Don't wait for someone to show you the evidence. Seek it out for yourself! Because only you know what evidence you're looking for as an individual, and only you know what will persuade you. You can ask questions of believers along the way, that's part of seeking it out. Consider the words of the bible and ask yourself if it seems like any of it applies to you. Look at history and see if you can find how it matches up with and supports the bible. Look at the world and universe around you and the beauty and order therein and ask if it seems more likely to have originated by the work of a designer or by time and chance? But do it all honestly and don't play games, because quite frankly if you're just playing games then chances are you won't ever find any real answers.

Jason
Old 11-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

"But to call it a documentary is, imho an insult to those who actually make them with no bias." - you are 150% RIGHT on this my friend. It is NOT a documentary. It is propaganda. Much like the films of Michael Moore.
I agree with Bill Maher on 100% of all religious subjects personally. But i must say that somebody should do a film on crazy atheist people...they can be just as nutty. The movie does however interview many SMART religious people and the film of the movie is not to say "THERE IS NO GOD" but to show how insane many religious people are, its not just christians,but jews, muslims and everybody. The scene you were talking about also, it was not a mockery of jesus but it was a man who played jesus in a play at the museam of creationism.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) "But to call it a documentary is, imho an insult to those who actually make them with no bias." - you are 150% RIGHT on this my friend. It is NOT a documentary. It is propaganda. Much like the films of Michael Moore.
I agree with Bill Maher on 100% of all religious subjects personally. But i must say that somebody should do a film on crazy atheist people...they can be just as nutty. The movie does however interview many SMART religious people and the film of the movie is not to say "THERE IS NO GOD" but to show how insane many religious people are, its not just christians,but jews, muslims and everybody. The scene you were talking about also, it was not a mockery of jesus but it was a man who played jesus in a play at the museam of creationism.

Very fair reply B&G.

As I said, yes "religious people" can get out of control. Sadly, I've known Christians who would make young people who believe feel like some kind of freak or outcast based on how they dress or otherwise look. The problem comes when men, or women, but actually it's usually men who set the rules or "doctrine" of a religion get too focused on following what men claim God says, man's interpretation, or often misinterpretation, of a scripture, rather than finding out for themselves what God actually has to say. And, I am sure it can be that way, with any religion.

One of the things I remember that came out after 9/11 was a fictional story of God addressing all peoples of all religions, and pointing out that basically in every religion or every major culture, despite differences between them, each religion or culture had some variation of our "golden rule", the do unto others as you would have them do unto you concept. The key idea being, it isn't God that encourages or tells men to fly planes into buildings and kill thousands of innocent people. It's men either forming their own god or twisting things in such a way that they somehow think it's the "holy or righteous" thing to do.

Jason
Old 11-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Oh I totally agree. Its like with guns. God doesn't kill people, psycopaths do. But they do it in the name of god (although most of the violence in the middle east is caused by financial and social reasons, but i mean hell if im going to die i atleast want god to think i'm on his side).

I also find you saying that scripture is often misinterpreted is wrong because we will never know how it was meant to be taken.

I really don't want it to sound like I am mocking you or your beleifs...although thats more or less exactly what i'm doing. I really hate the fact that people assume that because i'm young, listen to metal and wear black then I must be an athiest. That said I don't believe creationism should be taught in school nor do I believe that religion of ANY kind should have a pressence in any school or government building (even though it does it courthouses,congress etc).

Nick Miller, I found this topic to be very ignorant by the way. Why would you start this on the religion forum and just ask where it is. You know the answer and it really seems like it was just to stir shit up. I like you, but c'mon dude. Oh well I guess I can just channel that anger towards our death match. I suggest a duel of flounder.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Now I,ll Speak Up For Nick Miller Now Burried And Gone HE Was Just Trying To Get Me All Fired The War In The Middle East Revoles Us All, Its The God Like War And As Always Revolves The Bible And The Book Of Revelations Itself The Book I Call Of Endless Interpertations Kinda Fits Its Precious Name you,ll get 3 or 4 preachers and they will exchange Opinons And revelations AND if you A got a war right there johnny on the spot I,ll Be the first to kiss your fanny on main street And Invite Alll Your Friends To Come What Ya Do It I Say AMEN Its A Book Of Warfare And Confusing Who Are Not Steadfasting IN JESUS CHRIST KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS He Said My Words Is The Auther Of Confusion But Of Peace AND We Can Have PEACE THROUGH JESUS Through These Wars The Only Real Peace, For I,am With You Even Till The End Of The World I dont Care If You Where Black Like Johnny Cash Or Your A metal Head I,am And I Wear Black A Lot Of These Old Stero Types Has Still Not Left Some Peoples Head PEACE BE WITH YA, Burried And Gone
Old 01-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #13
Jellybeans003
USER INFO »

The other day, I asked my 8 year old daughter if she thought God was real. She said, "If God was not real, would we be here?" Good thinking for a child. I agree with her.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #14
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

How was that good thinking and what is there to agree with? From what you said it sounds like she just asked a question.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) It would be great if you were at the point where you could ask God yourself, cos I believe He would show you.

More and more historical evidence is coming up that the things written in the bible are fact. You could even google that. And over 90% of the worlds population believe that there is a God. That should stand for something. So many believe that they have heard God or seen a sign from God or had prayer answered from God...There has to be something to it.
Yes Yes , PRAISE JESUS, We Can Discuss Freely The Most High Prophets Are With Us, i,ll name a few Hendrix Morrison Cash well not that high but he wore black And Thats Good Enough For Me, Lennon Lord Who Will For Their Shoes, I Just Wanted To Bring In A Quick Prayer, GLORY TO GOD, PEACE BE WITH US BOOST OUR FAITH MY PRECIOUS LORD 7 Times 7 A Lot Of Highs A Lot Of Lows But My Precious LORD Only You Can Hold Us And Sustain Us And Wipe The Tears From Our Eyes, STRETHEN OUR FAITH, In Due Season, Keep US IN THE WATER, My God Teach Us In Your Power And Divinty To Not Cast Our Cares In The World, And Daily Living Bring Us To Mind The Anxcity In Gods Kingdom, And Keep Us Burning In Spirt And In Truth, In Your Boldness And In Your Fire, On Our Kness Or Up On High, Prepare Hearts To Be Comforted BLESSINGS AND STRENETH Ya,alls AND PEACE BE WITH US IN THE NAME THATS ABOVE ALL OTHER NAMES IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS...... ya,alls,