++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mark's past comments

First off I'm a bit bored at the moment, so I thought I'd start off a new topic. Now I'm a huge fan of MARK TREMONTI!!! but from what I've read in past interviews he has contradicted himself and said stuff that I did not expect him to say. Now forgive me for not providing evidence at the moment( I'm a bit drunk ). From memory with the whole Brian Marshall saga, he said it's like a relationship/girlfriend where sometimes you don't agree with the way it's going. At the time I was trying to understand his point but when I read past interviews with Alter Bridge, It seems like Brian had a few issues with the break up. So why did Mark ask him to play with them again? ( I will link the interview when I have time) but from what I've remembered in that interview, Brian didn't seem happy. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, was Mark forced to make those comments from WIND UP ( God bless them) . There are a few more examples but I'm quite tired but I will explain more occasions where Mark has commented about Creed/Scott etc. ( awaiting flaming comments from AB/MT fans)
Old 04-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
J-Man
USER INFO »
Re: Mark's past comments

I've not seen that or heard that quote anywhere. What I have heard is that Brian has and always will be a great friend to Tremo and Flip. I also understand that Brian is extremely talented and plays very well with the guys.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #3
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Quote: I've not seen that or heard that quote anywhere. What I have heard is that Brian has and always will be a great friend to Tremo and Flip. I also understand that Brian is extremely talented and plays very well with the guys.

Dude don't get me wrong dude, I'm not trying to diss Mark.I will try to link interviews to back up my point. I'm not trying to stir up shit. Excuse my launguage. I read the article on abb.net as well as another article pre AB.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Quote: GO: Brian, let's start with your dismissal from Creed, during the Human Clay tour. It wasn't just the Pearl Jam remark, was it?

BM: A lot of the time, I felt that everything was a lie, and I couldn't stand living the lie and being in hypocritical rock band. It wasn't real to me. I called Stapp our on a lot of things, and he didn't want to put up with that. He threw his weight around and said it was him or me.

MT: It was tough. We'd already been pretty successful. Scott was coming after Brian pretty agressively and accusing him of a lot of things - and a few things that Brian didn't help us out with (looks across at Brian with a knowing smile); he didn't make it very easy for us to defend him.

BM: Hey, I chose my battles, but, frankly, he deserved them all.

GO: At that point, did you ever consider saying "Stapp, you're out"?

MT: Well, at that point doing so would've meant our careers were over. We weren't as recognizable then as we are now. And Brian did enough things that didn't allow us to defend him anymore.

BM: But in the end, you kicked out the wrong guy!

I' ll try make a start now
Old 04-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

What are you saying is contradictory? I'm not following...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 04-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Quote: What are you saying is contradictory? I'm not following...
Well Mark has stated in past interviews that Brian didn't fit in with the group (Creed) and it seemed like they didn't connect and then once CREED broke up he asked Brian to join them like everything was all good? Just feels like Mark was quick to dismiss Brian over Scott. If I was Brian I would feel a bit betrayed? I don't have the interview in front of me but it's like Mark took Scotts side. It seems he didn't stick up for Brian, but now they are back together and I can't help but feel there has gotta be some hard feelings?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #7
King Oropher
USER INFO »

So if Mark said that Brian didn't fit in (CREED), why would he ask him to come play in his new band?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #8
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Okey, first of, he didn't fit in in Creed... I mean, it was all Scott and the band. Mark said that Brian did a lot of things that wasn't easy to defend. Scott said "me or him", had they chosen Brian, they would have lost the greater battle over the music and would have had to go back to lousy jobs, now they waited a bit and said goodbye to Scott and got back together...

"I couldn't stand living the lie and being in hypocritical rock band" that's what they were... A hypocritical rock band...

I belive there might have been hard feelings at first but they must have talked it over, they're so happy on stage and backstage too... I belive Mark said that it all clicked when Brian, Mark and Scott played together again...
Old 04-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
J-Man
USER INFO »

It's obvious that we don't know the whole story, but what it looks like to me, is that Stapp made the call and not the other guys. At least Brian was present during the same interview and obviously Mark shot Brian a look where they both smiled in agreement (that doesn't look like bad blood to me). From that action alone, it appears that there's no hard feelings. From this interview, it truly looks like Stapp was being the pus by saying "It's him or me." Looks like the guys were stuck between a rock and a hard place. But in the end, Brian, Mark, and Flip all made the right decision by starting AB.

Last edited by J-Man : 04-24-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #10
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Where did Mark say Brian didn't fit with the band? I don't ever remember reading that statement...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 04-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
Creed7352
USER INFO »

actually stapp tried to get flip out of the band as well...that wasn't gonna work so he went for brian and conveniently used the "his comments on pearl jam on radio" excuse as to a reason why...or a last straw.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #12
bilal
USER INFO »

i guess the band made the right decisions at the right time.........i dont blame mark for not supporting Brian at that time cause that would have ment the end of creed and maybe no alterbridge too..............but one thing is clear that Brian is an amazing person as well....i mean he stood against the dick head of creed and sacrificed his position in creed to save his pride.............cool
Old 04-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #13
Finaldecision
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) i guess the band made the right decisions at the right time.........i dont blame mark for not supporting Brian at that time cause that would have ment the end of creed and maybe no alterbridge too..............but one thing is clear that Brian is an amazing person as well....i mean he stood against the dick head of creed and sacrificed his position in creed to save his pride.............cool

And he's an awesome bassist!! His styles fits very well to Creed and AB!