++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-28-2005, 03:01 AM   #1
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
a little bible question

Can anyone explain why the bible contradicts itself? I would really like to know if any of you have an answer

God was literally seen by man. The Bible says so:

Quote: And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts.
[Exodus 33:23]

Quote: And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend.
[Exodus 33:11]

Quote: For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
[Genesis 32:30]

God was never seen by man. The Bible says so:

Quote: And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live.
[Exodus 33:20]

Quote: No man hath seen God at any time.
[John 1:18]

Quote: Whom no man hath seen nor can see.
[1 Timothy 6:16]

Any explanations??
Old 06-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

you so cool, i will give you my opion on it, Real Fast About The FACE OF GOD, and your right the bible does contradict itself over and over and over again its just a book its almost like a broken record Haaaaaaaa. I for one Love It its a mystery.... The Question... Number 1 GOD IS A SPIRT Number 2 GOD CREATED MAN IN THE IMAGE OF HIMSELF NUmber 3 God Is Still A Spirt Number 4 GOD HAS NO FACE If He Gave Himself A Face He Gave Us All One The Closer You Become To God The Closer You Will Become To His Face For The Kingdom Of God Is Inside You And All Around You GOD Is A Big A God Our Spirt Human Spirt Is What Breaths life into the invisble GOD, when we breathe we breath in Life We Breathe In God When We Breathe Out We Give Back Breath Of Life Now Whos Next Up To Contradict Me
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) your right the bible does contradict itself over and over and over again

so then I ask the question how can something that is suposed to be the word of "GOD" contadict itself? This is one of the reasons I renounced christianity in the first place God own words conrtadicting themselves. Since the bible does contradict itself how are you to know what is correct?? you can't pick and chose or else you are not putting faith in "God's word" but how can it be the "word of God" when it is so imperfect? and don't start to give me the song and dace about how it was penned by man becasue you all here claim that the bible is infallable because it is the "word of GOD." which only leads me to the conclusion that God is an imperfect being which means he is not a god at all.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Wow! Got any other reasons why your against God
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-28-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
It's utterly fascinating how many people reject God's Word by focusing on a little list of alleged Bible contradictions. Yet, when presented with the miracle of the Bible's structure, survival, integration, historical veracity, archaeological evidence, scientific insights, outside corroborating records, and hundreds of fulfilled prophecies (each of which far surpass any other "holy book"), those same people look the other way...

Heaven

Old 06-28-2005, 10:42 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) so then I ask the question how can something that is suposed to be the word of "GOD" contadict itself? This is one of the reasons I renounced christianity in the first place God own words conrtadicting themselves. Since the bible does contradict itself how are you to know what is correct?? you can't pick and chose or else you are not putting faith in "God's word" but how can it be the "word of God" when it is so imperfect? and don't start to give me the song and dace about how it was penned by man becasue you all here claim that the bible is infallable because it is the "word of GOD." which only leads me to the conclusion that God is an imperfect being which means he is not a god at all.
Bless your heart...i for one hate the word CHRISTANITY because i see no light of it my friend ..you claim not believe IN GOD but i see more light and wisdom in you and respect and love for your brother and sisters in the world ..so that tells you what shape our so called christans and leaders are in today..you got strife to get acrossed your point THE BIBLE is the only proof that we have to read and Learn about GOD And Faith so you challange The Book..and its authers ..i dont blame you really..and i wont argue FOR HIS WORDS WAS NOT THE AUTHER OF CONFUSION , so yes i believe somebody write wrong some where...i will try to shed some light, THE ONLY TRUTH THERE WAS. GAL. 1.2 THERE WAS NO LOGIC, THE TRUTH Before Jesus Christ hath been evidently set fourth and crucified amoung you this only would i learn Of you Recived ye the spirt Again SPIRT By THE WORKS OF THE LAW !!!!! Or By THE HEARING OF FAITH..i will stop there for ya...
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
And Proceed

JESUS Said before you i have placed an open door Knock and it shall be open that would be your heart... Pslams 44.20 If We Have Forgotten Our God Or Streched Out Our Hands TO A STRANGE GOD Shall God Search This Out For He Knoweth The Secrets of the heart.. PEACE
Old 06-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #8
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker) Wow! Got any other reasons why your against God

there is a difference between being agianst "god" (i.e. satanism) and just not believing in him (i.e. Atheism). and yes I have plenty of reasons why I do not believe in a "god".
Old 06-28-2005, 10:56 PM   #9
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) It's utterly fascinating how many people reject God's Word by focusing on a little list of alleged Bible contradictions. Yet, when presented with the miracle of the Bible's structure, survival, integration, historical veracity, archaeological evidence, scientific insights, outside corroborating records, and hundreds of fulfilled prophecies (each of which far surpass any other "holy book"), those same people look the other way...

Heaven

Oh please do give some examples I am quite intestested in any evidence you wish to share heaven like I said I am open to Proof so please do present some I am all ears
Old 06-28-2005, 10:58 PM   #10
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
like I said IF there is a "god" and if he is a just "god" he will respect any man/woman for trying to seek truth, if not and there is a "god" and he does not , he is no "god" I that I would ever worship in the first place.

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 06-28-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:27 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
yes ...indeed keep seeking and you shall find something sooner or later that will apply to ya..
Old 06-29-2005, 11:35 PM   #12
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Oh please do give some examples I am quite intestested in any evidence you wish to share heaven like I said I am open to Proof so please do present some I am all ears

Seriously?

Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter...

Daniel 9:25-26, the most glorified example I can think of, abundant documentation shows that these prophecies were perfectly fulfilled in the life (and crucifixion) of Jesus Christ.

I can continue if you wish, but it will probably take about a year to type them all...

Heaven

Old 07-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Go Right Ahead...