++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-02-2004, 08:20 AM   #16
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) They make me want to grab Scott and give him a big hug, and cry too.
I felt the same exact way after I heard the song the first few times. I just wanted to give him a hug and thank him for creating yet another beautiful song.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:22 AM   #17
shunammite
USER INFO »
Speak every man truth one with another for we are members one of another...and give alms of the inside as well as putting up a pretty front...couple of bible verses that come to mind...a little "translated"...

Those poor bashers, they do not understand Stapp...I understand them though...I have wanted to bash a few religious zealots...who were so heartless in their zeal for God...Stapp is not heartless...he feels deeply for people, people generally, not just those who are "holy".
Old 08-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #18
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Very very very catchy song indeed... I went to go shopping today and found myself hymn the song over and over again...

"...to relearn looove...
Teach me all over, all over
To relearn looove...
Show me again..."

I'm quite affraid of too catchy sounding songs to be honest... they will bore quicker IMO...

In some parts he even reminds me of Elton John... Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing hahaha... I didn't like the kind of "echoing" of his voice though (if you know what I mean?)

But... Like to hear mooooooore!!!!
It sure was great to hear our beloved Scott again!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 08-03-2004, 11:05 AM   #19
yeahman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) These are not the "official" lyrics. A friend of mine from PBF transcribed them. Thank you

The lyrics are so beautiful. Lyrics that only Scott could write.

Relearn Love

On a dark and lonely highway
I need the Son to raise my head

I was selfish, but you still loved me
You gave the greatest gift of all
And you set me free

If you feel me drop and kneel

ok, it is obvious who this song is about. there is no doubt it is about Jesus, the ONE who gave the greatest gift of all. He died for our sins, and set us free for eternal life with the Father. i dont see any question that it would be about anyone else
________
VFR800
________
ROY SALVADORI

Last edited by yeahman : 05-17-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:43 PM   #20
shunammite
USER INFO »
I hear you can hear it on AOL now without being a member..

And I had a few things to say about what I liked in the lyrics:

A few quick points that are so original...so many artists talk about Love and how essential it is, but Stapp always has an original twist...

First RE-learn Love, as if you did know it...I was alive once as a child, a bible idea along that line.

And then relearn MY love, as each person has a Peculiar Manifestation of Love...we are not all called to be/act the same...it's a little scary being your real self...when each of us is a Person rather than "sheep"...

And then "relearn"...all that has been devastated can be recreated, same idea...hope against hope, always always continue in HOPE...new mercies every morning, never say die, never never NEVER, at the end of your rope tie a knot in it and hang on...

And then..."your tender hands caress my head", well that picture it is HIS OWN HANDS CARESSING HIS HEAD...

And it's "scriptural" too...it is god that worketh in you to will and to do...Phil 2.

In a sense we "save ourselves" when we wake up..."open our eyes", maybe I better go listen to AB now, lol...
Old 08-03-2004, 01:19 PM   #21
creedsister
USER INFO »
But made himself of no reputation and took up on the form of a serveant and was made in in the likeness of men. Became obedient unto death of the cross Wherefore God Also hath highly Exalted him and given Him A Name which is above every name that is the name of jesus christ every knee should bow of things in heaven and things under earth And that every tounge should confess that jesus christ is lord I Love This Song!!!! haha
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #22
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) The lyrics I can really relate to, I love them, like I do everthing he's written! They make me want to grab Scott and give him a big hug, and cry too. I don't know why they make me want to hugg Scott, maybe I just want to do that anyway......
What kind of emotions do they bring out in you guys???? Just curious.
Ok..,,,St john 14. verse 25 and st john 16 verse 32 :jam
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-03-2004, 01:48 PM   #23
shunammite
USER INFO »
I also like that line, "when your world is standing still..."

The real world TURNS...from night to Day...(and around and around)...so you never ought to really DESPAIR...but sometimes people lose hope...and seem to be stuck in permanent darkness...

so listen, feel it...drop and kneel...then rise take up your bed and WALK LIKE A MAN...OR A SON...A Lover.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #24
creedsister
USER INFO »