++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 10-26-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Godsmack’s seven-track acoustic EP, The Other Side, which was originally slated for release November 18th, has been delayed until mid-2004. It was rescheduled because the band’s label didn’t want to kill the momentum of Godsmack’s current album, Faceless, which came out April 8th and has sold 900-thousand copies to date.

---

I was looking forward to this CD... doh!

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-26-2003, 07:03 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well that stinks for all you Godsmack fans. I'm not a fan of theirs, but I would be interested in hearing an acoustic from them...I love that song Voodoo, though. That is a bad-a** song!
Old 10-26-2003, 07:59 PM   #3
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Sully was on CRIBS today...i kno it was a re-run....but yeah.....twas kool......heard about the acoustic record in GW.....they're recording in Hawaii.....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-27-2003, 12:15 AM   #4
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
I heard about the acoustic album being delayed. I'm looking forward to its release as well.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/
Old 10-27-2003, 09:29 AM   #5
Marty
USER INFO »
That sucks I have to wait longer. I was very curious what a acoustic version of Awake would sound like.
________
Child Zoloft

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:43 PM   #6
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Indeed that does suck, I aswell was look mad forward to this EP. I know this is a popular opioion and to familar on creed as to pearl jam. But, does it just seem like godsmack is emulating alice in chains a bit to much?

I know for a fact it does piss alot of AIC fans off, but as I am a huge fan I find it flattery. I mean, some of the resemblences are to dam uncanny

the godsmack sun as to the sun in dirt
there name
this seven song EP, as to jar of flies has seven songs and was acoustic.

It's almost too much.

One another thing is, remember when stapp compared creed with led zeppelin? Then the media and the bandwagoneers just crusified creed and stapp? Read through and interview as VH1.com and sully did the same thing with godsmack and no body said shit. Then there drummer shannon larkin says godsmack is like the new or baby metallica. Fuck, if flip said that about creed he would be pulled out of creed and had his head chopped off, figuretively speaking of course. But the principle still remains, what is with the dam double standard?

It's ok for other bands to compare themselves with rock legends but when creed does it it's wrong? And just till recent times have godsmack been popularly pinned as AIC rippoffs and there resemblence to them so uncanny then with creed it's just with stapp.

See what I am getting here people?

Don't get me wrong, I dig godsmack. But this double standard bullshit is too much.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:53 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, musicmind, don't even get me started on the whole Godsmack ripping off AIC...GAAAAA...Believe me, most AIC fans loathe Godsmack just for this reason. It's one thing to be influenced by a band, but quite another to rip it off...I have to stop now, LOL...Even Faceless made me think of Facelift...
Old 10-27-2003, 08:25 PM   #8
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
I'm a fan of Godsmack and AIC. Also a fan of Pearl Jam and Creed. If I like the music then what other fans are thinking pose no problem to my enjoyment of the music. I do see the similarities of what Godsmack is doing though compared to AIC. Hey, who knows I think maybe it's a good thing for Godsmack if this is what they really want to do for themselves and not to just follow AIC. I think it's a good way to show other dimensions to their music and make them stay fresh and relevant to their genre.

Old 10-27-2003, 08:32 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It's just funny/irksome that the EP is seven tracks, just like AIC's Jar Of Flies ...I tried to like them, but I just don't dig their music that much. Like I said, I do like Voodoo...when that first came out, I thought it was a new Alice song, hehehe.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 PM   #10
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
LOL Dogstar!

Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 PM   #11
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Oh, I forgot about the faceless, facelift thing. Yet another uncanny resemblence. At least creed don't go that far with pearl jam, and not insinuating that they ever did. But you have to admit, vedder has to play some kind of a influence on stapp. Godsmack are basically and metallica, alice in chains, pantera, black sabbath hibrid. And notthing wrong with that, as well as creed has metallica, alice in chains parts to their sound. It's all what you would call "dirivitive" and it's meerly taking elements from direct influences. Nothing wrong with that either, and I find it very flattering in godsmacks case because alice in chains to my personal opioion was the best of the four main seattle bands. They had so much, and then dammit stayley had to kill himself on herion. Just read his last interview at vh1.com and it may just give you chills.

However, with his addiction it's no shocker to me that sooner or later he was going to die. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but thats the reality of it all. He was pretty much a walking corpse the last year he was alive bareley. Very sad, and if there self-titled third album (AKA-tripod) is not the best example of how drugs and fuck up the artistic prossess, then enlighten me on what is.

But they say, emulation of the highest form of flattery.

peace.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:18 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I always thought Sully was trying to sound a little like Hetfield...I share your sentiments about AIC..(my fave of the Seattle bands). Now I'm depressed thinking about what might have been had Layne gotten sober...
Old 10-27-2003, 09:54 PM   #13
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Just go to vh1.com and put in alice in chains in the search engine. Then read laynes last interview, here I'll post it on a new thread.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:29 AM   #14
hide
USER INFO »
I agree Godsmack go way beyond flattery and into the domain of ripping-off. Just too many similarties for it to be a coincidence. With Creed and PJ, if Stapp didn't sound and perhaps even look like Ed would this whole issue of even raised its head? Creed is basically directly influenced by bands such as U2, Metallica, Synkard, and the Seattle scene and all three major bands not including Nirvana, not just PJ.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:31 PM   #15
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I actually don't see ANY resemblence in Godsmacks music to AIC! Maybe the names of the songs are similar, but I don't hear the similarities in their music and I'm a big fan of both!! Maybe I've missed something

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed