++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 04-04-2004, 05:42 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Velvet Revolver's search for a singer

i've done some googling and looking at www.belowempty.com and found some info on this search that i thought was interestering. apologies if this all of this is common knowledge.

September Slash announces that his new band will release an album in 2003. "We got the baddest fucking be-all, end-all rock & roll band," he tells Rolling Stone. But he is already frustrated by the lack of singing prospects. "There are no rock & roll singers out there right now . . . except Billy Idol."

Obviously he's an expert but considering apart from Weiland singers the calibre of Travis Meeks and lesser knowns such as Shaefer, Todd and Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach were auditioning he would be relatively pleased. I thought anyone would be satsified with Travis Meeks considering that apart from a top notch singer he brings some songwriting skills to the table.

They were unsatisfied with the singers on offer obviously and that is why they invited Mike Patton and Myles Kennedy (perhaps others) to auditioin. Seems Patton wasen't interested and Kennedy couldn't for health reasons. At least they got Slash's first choice in the end and everything seems to have worked out in the end.

man if Myles was healthy at this point he could easily be their singer although I think Weiland is a much better fit for Velvet Revovler while I think Myles fits perfectly with our boys. But come on Travis Meek's not good enough?
Old 04-04-2004, 05:46 AM   #2
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I think Myles is okay, but I want Stapp...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) I think Myles is okay, but I want Stapp...

i figure why can't we have both, but yeah I want Creed back too. Any other comments guys? Can't wait til Revolver's album drops will be one of the best albums of the year IMO.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Geez, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought something had happened to Weiland! Don't scare me like that ...Anyway, I like Travis Meeks, too, he really has a beautiful voice, but I do think Weiland is a better fit for Velvet Revolver. I just hope the man can stay clean once and for all. I can't wait for this, too. I'm very interested to hear what this will sound like.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:02 PM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Geez, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought something had happened to Weiland! Don't scare me like that ...Anyway, I like Travis Meeks, too, he really has a beautiful voice, but I do think Weiland is a better fit for Velvet Revolver. I just hope the man can stay clean once and for all. I can't wait for this, too. I'm very interested to hear what this will sound like.

oops sorry on April Fools this guy posted over at the PJ board that Weiland had died of an overdose in LA. Sucked in big time but man that stuff ain't funny! What is Meeks doing these days? Weiland's personality fits so much better IMO. The stuff i've heard besides "Money" sounds like a bit of a cross between the two respective bands although there is one song on the album that is apparently quite punkish. I hope this album doesn't dissapoint i'm hyped up about it!