++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 08:47 PM   #16
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
oh oh...that's too much misunderstanding for a night!

I never thought you were rude. Don't say sorry. On the second post, I was trying to explain what I really meant, that's just it. Thanks for pointing me the directions.

Geez, I'm going to bed now, it's kinda late! heh!
Old 11-21-2003, 08:48 PM   #17
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Someone ask him about Brett, please. Tell him theres a Hestla fan on CF thats wants to know. if he already said something about that could someone post it here, thanks.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:54 PM   #18
mamm1234
USER INFO »
The problem with ppl from the pit is that they think they are above and better than the rest of us. Sad but true. Typically, if ppl ask a question or say something they don't like, they get jumped.
IMO, it's pretty damn bizarre that the way Mark is communicating is through an internet MB. So who knows whats going on. I saw that post from Michael and thought it very strange.

I don't have time to read much here or at the pit, but my impression there is that many are jumping on Mark's bandwagon and leaving Stapp in the dust.

Many don't seem all that upset and are kind of, that's life etc.

I think it's totally depressing, totally sucks, I can't imagine not having Creed.
It's too sad too think about. I can't have a whateverrrrr attitude.

It's just too damn sad.
And maybe Scott did some pretty crappy things but he exposed his soul for us and gave us songs that have made many live, including me.

IMO, the alleged new band, which will basically be Creed without the guy who started the band, wrote most of their songs and gave them his voice, will have a huge uphill battle to succeed.

I guess I'll get crucified here but right now I don't care, it's been a shit week.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:13 PM   #19
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
A post by Michael T at the MT.net BB:
Quote: Man, you all need to play nice.

1) Creed has not broken up forever. Think of it as an extended break with no timetable for a return. Never rule anything out in the future.

2) Mark is putting 100% of his focus on his new band. The name has yet to be decided. The members as of right now are Mark, Flip and Brian Marshall. No contracts have been signed so anything could change.

3)Mark is currently looking for a singer although he hasn't completely ruled out singing himself.

4)He has 11 songs already recorded in his home studio. These are demos. They are among the best he has ever written. More are in the process of being made. Only the absolute best will end up on the cd.

5) This is NOT a metal cd. These songs were written over the last year and a half and when he wrote them he had no idea Creed might not record a CD in 2004. Most probably would have ended up on the next Creed cd.

6) There will be more solos on this CD than a Creed one would have. That being said, he still writes for the good of the song. He wont be flashy unless the song calls for it.

7) Michael Joiner---- you should be getting a call from Mark soon to give you a more comprehensive update.

Michael
Old 11-21-2003, 10:23 PM   #20
Delirium
USER INFO »

IM IN DELIRIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2003, 10:45 PM   #21
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-tremonti.net+11-21-2003 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tremonti.net @ 11-21-2003 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->A post by Michael T at the MT.net BB:
Quote: Man, you all need to play nice.

1) Creed has not broken up forever. Think of it as an extended break with no timetable for a return. Never rule anything out in the future.

2) Mark is putting 100% of his focus on his new band. The name has yet to be decided. The members as of right now are Mark, Flip and Brian Marshall. No contracts have been signed so anything could change.

3)Mark is currently looking for a singer although he hasn't completely ruled out singing himself.

4)He has 11 songs already recorded in his home studio. These are demos. They are among the best he has ever written. More are in the process of being made. Only the absolute best will end up on the cd.

5) This is NOT a metal cd. These songs were written over the last year and a half and when he wrote them he had no idea Creed might not record a CD in 2004. Most probably would have ended up on the next Creed cd.

6) There will be more solos on this CD than a Creed one would have. That being said, he still writes for the good of the song. He wont be flashy unless the song calls for it.

7) Michael Joiner---- you should be getting a call from Mark soon to give you a more comprehensive update.

Michael
[/b][/quote]
My opinion of this whole thing is as follows:

1) This is the only hopeful news I've heard yet.

2) I think this whole thing sucks!

3) Mark CAN'T sing!!!!

4) I'm SO glad he saved his best work for his solo project!

5) Yeah ... but they didn't! How convenient!

6) Well ... isn't he modest!!

7) Congratulations Michael Joiner ---- you seem to be the only one getting any kind of REAL information!
Old 11-21-2003, 10:57 PM   #22
Delirium
USER INFO »
lol, dont be hard on the other members of the band, im sure mark has his reasons and would never plan the destruction of creed to futhur himself in another band.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:57 PM   #23
Dani
USER INFO »
New Band? = Creed minus Scott Stapp with a few more guitar solos.

It must of been a big fall out between Scott and Mark.
It just comes across as Mark wanting to have more imput in the band and Stapp not being open to it. From that it sounds like the music will be the same just a different lead singer.
What if the clocks would hesitate?
What if what is isn't true?
What are you going to do?
What if what isn't you?
Appels and Oranjes - Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.last.fm/user/lollies91/
Old 11-21-2003, 11:07 PM   #24
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Wow. That does cheer me up slightly, but doesn't make me feel any better when facing the fact that Creed are no longer a band right now. It's awesome that Brian, Flip, and Tremo will be putting together a band, that's great, and I will be defenitly standing by them, as I will be with Stapp. But I still can't believe it all, this is all so sudden and I didn't think something like this could happen, it still sucks, but I have to face reality. I have been very upset today, but knowing that the members of Creed will still be producing music does cheer me up a little. I wonder what Stapp will do, there has been heaps of news on the other members but nothing on Stapp.

God this is all too much.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 11-21-2003, 11:18 PM   #25
creedlvr
USER INFO »
First ... I just came home from having a few drinks ... so I am sure I am a bit fiesty right now.

Anyway, Lollies - you say that it sounds like Stapp not being open to Mark's ideas. Where did you hear that? How did you draw that conclusion? I don't recall hearing anything to back that. Maybe Mark wants to turn Creed into a "headbanging" bunch of noise! As I said in a different post --- if it's not broke ... don't fix it!

Also - it's REALLY pissing me off that everyone is so excited about Mark, Flip and Brian joining forces. This solo nonsense ... which BTW is clearly NOT "solo" ... is the reason for Creed's breakup. How could anyone support this new band when it IS all the members of Creed ... but without the "driver" of the band ... without the voice that is SO popular and brought them great success?? I really just don't get it. Is there no one that is loyal enough to see what's going on here?
Old 11-21-2003, 11:25 PM   #26
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Excuse me creedlvr I am loyal. It's just imagine this, we got the news that Creed had broken up, and then we also received news that Tremonti, Flip, and Stapp weren't making music, that they were quitting their music careers altogether. How would you feel? I know I would be depressed. But hearing that 3 of them are going to be making a band, there is still hope in my heart that I can be happy about that music.

And you don't know how upset it make me feel that Stapp is no longer a member of Creed! It brings tears to my eyes, like it is now!!! I just can't believe it, I feel just the way you do, so don't you dare say is no one loyal enough. I sure am.

I can't believe any of this, I am so upset this fucking sucks I hate it.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 11-21-2003, 11:30 PM   #27
Dani
USER INFO »
creedlvr

Sorry, I should of said thats my opinion on what possibily might of happened. I'm sitting at my computer on the other side of the world so I have zero idea whats going on. I love Scott and I love Creed and I'm not happy with what is going on.

I'm saying that its a possibility. Why start a new band with the former members of Creed excluding Scott Stapp. To me it seems obvious that there was a fall out between Scott and the rest of the band of course there is also the Possibility that this was Scotts choice to leave the band and I should of said that in my original post. I don't wan't to acuse anyone of anything and Im sorry if I came across that way.
What if what isn't you?

Old 11-21-2003, 11:32 PM   #28
creedlvr
USER INFO »
i'm sorry but .... when 3 members go off and start a band without the main man and just leave him in the dust ... i have a REAL problem supporting them.

i will say it again ... let's just see how successful they will be without Stapp.

my loyalties are with Stapp. he is the one who started this band. it was his ambition that drove them ... his thoughts ... his feelings ... his background ... his lyrics ... HIS VOICE. He exposed his soul to us!

How dare they think they could just gang up on him and leave him behind.

I can assure you this will be one cd that I will boycott.

And yes ... you are right, i'd rather know that we can still hear them somewhere ... somehow ... rather than not at all. But I guess I have always been one for the underdog .... and in this case ... it's Scott.

HIS cd (if that's what he will do) ... I will buy!
Old 11-21-2003, 11:32 PM   #29
creedsister
USER INFO »
i know there girl,,it will be ok just try to hang in there,,im sure ,,,that there will be a light some how at the some,,good a come will of it,,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-21-2003, 11:37 PM   #30
Dani
USER INFO »
creedlvr

I agree with you. I don't understand what they are trying to achieve by breaking away to start a new band.
What if what isn't you?

Closed Thread