++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #1
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Another Stapp update

This was posted at PBF yesterday, and I thought it was of interest. So here it is:

----------------------
Today Kiki passed on a few things to update you guys with.

He said that of course they're in the studio, they're in the process of building a new studio and moving in to it, so that's what's keeping them busy right now. The album is TENTATIVELY due in August. I stress the tentative nature of it - very few things are for certain in this industry.

Another thing on the agenda is Scott's going to take a couple of days soon and shoot a commercial for NASCAR. They don't have an air date for it yet, they'll probably sit on it for a couple of months until they know which song is going to be the lead single off Scott's album, then they'll lay that in. We'll try to keep you updated on that!

Finally, keep an eye on SS.com, it's supposed to be receiving at least a small update soon, though that ball is in WU's court right now so who knows how long it'll take them to get their act together.

So that's the scoop for the moment. Sorry there's not more details but I don't think there's a whole lot you can say about "We're in the studio."
-----------------------

Some new stuff in there. The album is scheduled for August. It's good that they finally put a month up. And, Scott's site is supposed to receive a update. That's another good thing. The nascar commercial sounds interesting as well.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Okay, so we went from August of '04 to November of '04 to Feb/March of 05 to June of '05, to TENTATIVELY August of 0 fricken 5. Good Lord, Stapp, get your sh*t together! Or, all this "tentative" crap is going to end up getting your sh*t ruined. I'm 19 now, so I'll come back in 10 years to see if MAYBE you've gotten the second song produced yet.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
This has "Chinese Democracy" written all over it. Thanks for the info, though, titan.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) This has "Chinese Democracy" written all over it. Thanks for the info, though, titan.

I hope it doesn't. I'd like to think that Stapp and Wind-Up will stick to their word about when it comes out. If not, it's going to disappoint alot of fans, myself included. I've stuck by Stapp and I'll continue to do so as long as he puts some music out.

Old 03-05-2005, 06:57 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It just seems as if he keeps finding other things to take up his time. It's getting a tad frustrating, especially when there are so few details.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It just seems as if he keeps finding other things to take up his time. It's getting a tad frustrating, especially when there are so few details.
You said a mouthful. It's sad to say this, but these delays aren't helping, they are only hurting his chances of keeping those fans that want to believe in him. The longer they put people off, the better his solo stuff better be.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
titan9
USER INFO »
I agree, Dogstar. I'd like to see more information, and, if some songs are done, some clips posted on the site. As I've said before, why can't Stapp write a little diary for his site, keeping all of his fans up to date on what he is doing? It sure would please alot of fans. I don't know if it's Stapp getting distracted, or if it is really taking this long to record an album. But the bottom line is that he needs to get that CD out by the end of this year. Any later than 2005 will be a huge mistake on his part, and could cost him alot of fans. I've tried to remain positive about his solo career, but I admit, I'm a bit frustrated with there being no new sound clips and hardly any updates. I'm also frustrated that this album keeps getting delayed.

Old 03-06-2005, 12:10 AM   #8
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) This has "Chinese Democracy" written all over it. Thanks for the info, though, titan.

I'm sorry to say this but I agree. Dates are getting pushed back and we are not seeing much produced. One only has to look at how fast the AB guys pushed out an album to see how it can be done if the creative juices are flowing. I wish the best for Scott and his work but I'm not too hopeful.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 03-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #9
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: It's sad to say this, but these delays aren't helping, they are only hurting his chances of keeping those fans that want to believe in him.

actually, i think it is quite the opposite...the fans that REALLY do believe in what he is capable of are the ones that WILL be here long after the rest have given up.

Quote: The longer they put people off, the better his solo stuff better be.

As for "putting people off"...ummm...don't think so, but again, that's just my opinion. The entertainment business is not an exact science...and situations change daily for one reason or another...

the best is yet to come...whether the majority believe it or not, their choice...but information of any kind on how things are going is always appreciated...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
cool
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) actually, i think it is quite the opposite...the fans that REALLY do believe in what he is capable of are the ones that WILL be here long after the rest have given up.
Well I'm sure you'll all be happy together. But I'm reminded of a local commercial for a furniture company. A young woman who just purchased furniture is sitting in a chair waiting for the furniture to be delivered. As the commercial progresses, she gets older (through the magic of television) and older until she's an old woman waiting in a rocking chair with cobwebs on her. The announcer says through the whole commercial: It should be any day now, any day now, any day now.

My point is, the longer it takes, the more likely it is that some (not all) will lose interest and move onto other things. They are less likely to run out and buy his new CD, and are more likely to wait until they either see a review or read about it on a message board. If you don't keep things fresh in the public's mind, the public is likely to forget about you.

Quote: the best is yet to come...whether the majority believe it or not, their choice...but information of any kind on how things are going is always appreciated...
Information is one thing, patronizing news from 'official sources,' such as Kiki, is something totally different.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #12
titan9
USER INFO »
I agree, Teri. Scott NEEDS to get this album out this year. Any later than that could cost him alot of fans. I've stuck by his music, but even I'm getting impatient. We need to hear some track clips, maybe even some video of him in the studio recording? We also need a FIRM date for his solo album. Not a "tenative" date. As I've said before, some web site updates would be nice as well. The longer this album takes, the more fans that could be lost. That's the bottom line.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #13
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) He said that of course they're in the studio, they're in the process of building a new studio and moving in to it, so that's what's keeping them busy right now. The album is TENTATIVELY due in August. I stress the tentative nature of it - very few things are for certain in this industry.
Holy frick. That dang thing is never going to come out.
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Finally, keep an eye on SS.com, it's supposed to be receiving at least a small update soon, though that ball is in WU's court right now so who knows how long it'll take them to get their act together.
About freaking time. It hasn't been updated in year.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-06-2005, 04:44 PM   #14
Frankie
USER INFO »
You know what...nevermind...it's just not worth it.

Last edited by Frankie : 03-06-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) But everyone accepts all of michael's patronizing news without question...right?
Michael's news usually had something specific noted, like guitar tracks being laid down, vocals being completed, preview sessions for select people, or concert date updates, and that sort of thing.

Quote: And maybe I've missed something

Could someone clue me in on what "other things" Scott has been doing?
Oh that's right...shame on him...he did make an appearance at a charity event more than 2 months ago...
In Kiki's note did it not say something about his filming a NASCAR commercial? Granted, I'm sure an artist isn't working 24/7 on only a music project, but still, these diversions take him away from what he supposedly says he wants to do.

And why is a new studio needed in the first place? This is the same thing GnR (Axl, I should say) kept pulling with Geffen Records regarding Chinese Democracy, changing studios, producers, band lineups...The whole tone of that note from Kiki (TENTATIVELY in caps, for example) suggests that August might even be a tad optimistic. We all know nothing in the music biz is an exact science, but if you really want to get something out, you can, especially if you already have a label.

Quote: And ScottStapp.com is in Wind-Ups hands...they were asked to update it some weeks ago...
Asked by who? If Scott were a priority, they would have updated it long ago.