++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 01-08-2004, 08:14 PM   #31
chafin24
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
where can you find the pearljam riot act concert tour video, and is it on vhs or dvd.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I got the MSG show from the Riot Act tour at Tower Records.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:40 PM   #33
chafin24
USER INFO »
thanks
Old 01-08-2004, 08:45 PM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh, and it was a DVD.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:56 PM   #35
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) I would say that Blood lies somewhere between the two espescially live. Bullets is a harder song almost metal really but Blood is harder then What If at least in parts. I don't really see the Garden to Creed connection but Sister and Leash are sort of similar.

If you're looking for something harder than Bullets, try "Lukin" from No Code, "Porch" from Ten (harder for its lyrical content than music), "Leash" or "Blood" from Vs., "Do the Evolution" or "Brain of J" from Yield, or "Save You" from Riot Act.

If you're looking along the lines of "Garden," try "Immortality" from Vitalogy, "In my Tree" or "Off He Goes" from No Code, "Faithfull," "Given to Fly," or "All Those Yesterdays" from Yield, "Thin Air," "Of the Girl," or "Nothing As it Seems" from Binaural, "Can't Keep," "Love Boat Captain," (About the nine fans who died at the Denmark show... "Lost nine friends we'll never know/Two years ago today/And if our lives became too long/Would it add to our regret?") "Thumbing My Way." Also try the following B-Sides: "Breath" "Hard to Imagine" "Long Road" "Crown of Thorns."

If you're just getting into Pearl Jam, STAY AWAY from Black, Jeremy, and Alive. They're great songs, but overplayed. If you're looking for the real Pearl Jam try any of the following:

Porch - Ten
Why Go - Ten
Go - Vs.
Animal - Vs.
Rearviewmirror (RVM) - Vs.
Small Town - Vs.
Indifference - Vs.
Not for You - Vitalogy
Corduroy - Vitalogy
Immortality - Vitalogy
Who You Are - No Code
Smile - No Code
Red Mosquito - No Code
Given to Fly - Yield
Do the Evolution - Yield
Grievance - Binaural
Insignificance - Binaural
Of the Girl - Binaural
I Am Mine - Riot Act
You Are - Riot Act
Green Disease - Riot Act
State of Love & Trust - B Side
Breath - B Side
Crown of Thorns - MLB Cover

I could go on and on and on...
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 01-10-2004, 01:50 AM   #36
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah someones a Pearl Jam freak PEARL JAM ROCKS

Dogstar, that concert was from 7-8-2003. So I'm assuming that was from the Riot Act tour? It was an awesome concert, Eddie is so emotional on stage, in Black it was like he was the only one there, he looked like he was about to cry, it's so touching. And I saw he had a bottle of something on stage also! In Better Man, the first two verses and the chorus he let the crowd sing, it was stunning, perfect timing, they rocked.

Rearview Mirror is a kick ass song live! And Mike, well what can I say. HE WAS F****NG AMAZING!!! The extended riffs and solo's, just awesome.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-10-2004, 01:53 AM   #37
hayley
USER INFO »
The concert was only on for an hour though, that sucked, but at least I got to see them on stage.

Old 01-10-2004, 02:49 AM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Holy crap, that was the Madison Square Garden show in New York City (Riot Act tour). You certainly got a kick-ass show. That's the DVD I just bought!!! Too bad they didn't play the whole thing. Yes, Eddie likes to drink a little wine during the shows and he likes to have the crowd sing, too.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:14 PM   #39
hide
USER INFO »
Thanks Jango for your reply but I don't think that Blood, Save You, Lukin and the like are as heavy as Bullets or Freedom Fighter, probably about the same as What If. Creed generally are a harder band because Mark is so influenced by metal whereas even though Mike shares some of the same musical tastes Ed, Stone and Jeff, Ed espescially is into punk with such bands as The Buzzcocks, The Clash and the like. The day Creed plays a punk song is the day the world will end. LOL
Old 01-11-2004, 08:45 PM   #40
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) Thanks Jango for your reply but I don't think that Blood, Save You, Lukin and the like are as heavy as Bullets or Freedom Fighter, probably about the same as What If. Creed generally are a harder band because Mark is so influenced by metal whereas even though Mike shares some of the same musical tastes Ed, Stone and Jeff, Ed espescially is into punk with such bands as The Buzzcocks, The Clash and the like. The day Creed plays a punk song is the day the world will end. LOL

I'd have to respectfully disagree, but to each his/her own. My opinion stems from the fact that songs such as Blood and Save You have a greater emotional depth and range than Bullets and Freedom Fighter. Bullets may be a "hard" song, but its narrow objective would appear manufactured in my eyes. However, Lukin is just plain hardcore punk that cannot be denied.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 01-11-2004, 09:21 PM   #41
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) I'd have to respectfully disagree, but to each his/her own. My opinion stems from the fact that songs such as Blood and Save You have a greater emotional depth and range than Bullets and Freedom Fighter. Bullets may be a "hard" song, but its narrow objective would appear manufactured in my eyes. However, Lukin is just plain hardcore punk that cannot be denied.

emotion wasen't part of my arguement the simple fact is that Bullets and Freedom Fighter are harder. Come on what is Synergy name?
Old 01-11-2004, 09:23 PM   #42
jango
USER INFO »
A lot more than the volume of the music and vocals goes into a song being "hard." But oh, well.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:10 PM   #43
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) A lot more than the volume of the music and vocals goes into a song being "hard." But oh, well.

fair enough now who are you from the PJ board? LOL
Old 01-13-2004, 02:12 AM   #44
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Holy crap, that was the Madison Square Garden show in New York City (Riot Act tour). You certainly got a kick-ass show. That's the DVD I just bought!!! Too bad they didn't play the whole thing. Yes, Eddie likes to drink a little wine during the shows and he likes to have the crowd sing, too.

Yeah, it did suck that they didn't play the whole thing, heard it was 3 hours, that would have been nice. And apparantly they didn't play Jeremy throughout the whole concert?

Yeah he's good with the crowd. The singing in Better Man was just amazing from the crowd, it rocked.

Old 01-13-2004, 02:41 AM   #45
hide
USER INFO »
that was a great concert and it showed because he's in such a good mood for MSG 2. The crowd rocking the stage was cool, the Frank Sinatra moment during Crazy Mary and so on. Jeremy is not a bad song but it's great that they change up their setlists, you'll get at least 3 or 4 hit songs anyhow. I'm sure you can find a boot with Jeremy on it from the last tour.