++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-31-2005, 02:51 PM   #16
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) well you need to decide what god you worship the god that says "I am the way truth and life" or the god that say "Be happy in dashing the heads of babies against rocks" THAT IS NOT THE SAME GOD weather you'd like to admit it or not. I have a whole list of inconsistencies if you like I can send them your way.
so you're saying that God can only be vengeful towards those who sinned against him in the Old Testament or loving towards everyone because his Son made everyone blameless in His eyes in the New Testament? You're still not understanding that what separates Christianity from, say, Judaism is the presence of such a change in our relationship with God. In the OT, people feared God in the 2 predominant senses of the word: they revered Him above all, yet were absolutely terrified of what He could do to them (case in point: destroying whole cities, forcing "lost" people to wander around in the desert for 40 years, etc). In the NT and today, while people still fear Him (in that He is revered), we are by no means scared shitless by what he may do to us for sinning against him (be it smashing babies heads on rocks or being disrespectful toward one's parents) because we know we have forgiveness because of what His Son Jesus did for us, for all men. Even nonbelievers need not be terrified of any painful torment at the present for any misdeeds; God will judge all when Christ comes again.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:58 PM   #17
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I thought you were done with this the last time you left
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-31-2005, 06:26 PM   #18
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Even nonbelievers need not be terrified of any painful torment at the present for any misdeeds; God will judge all when Christ comes again.

There you go preaching Presupposition as fact AGAIN! Any proof you have?? there is not record of the Israelites being slaves in Egypt (and then wondering the desert for 40 years as you have stated) no evidence for the bibles claims on that no one shred weather record or archeological evidence NONE!

You people keep telling me god is going to judge me when Christ comes or when I die or in the end (or some other time) you say this with such certainty. This is pure foolishness when (even if god exists) Jesus can't even be the real messiah I can find a reference if you really want me to (in regards to the prophecy)

Do you know anything about biogenesis? I can give you a diagram if you'd like the only reason I bring this up is because this is where I am coming from. No God everything has a cause and effect.

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 08-31-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:33 AM   #19
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) OK lets start by say yes the Misspelling of God IS ACCIDENTAL I never did say that it was purposeful.
Accidents happen... If you are sincere, you will edit it when you get the time then...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Now when it come to the test it is possible to answer the questions correctly you just don't know your bible if you can't answer the questions correctly and to say it is impossible to answer the questions correctly shows you haven't tried nor have you courage to say that you didn't try. Your misrepresentation and bending of the truth is detestable.
You obviously didn't take the second test at all did you? I didn't say it was impossible to answer the test correctly, I said there are no wrong answers and the test keeps scoring my answers as wrong. That is incorrect, nullifying the test. How could you pass any test in school if no matter what you answered, the teacher said you were wrong??? Take it yourself and see...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) you say here that there are thousands of prophecies that have been fulfilled now there are scholars who have said with reasonable certainty that there are quite a few prophecies that were "written after the event had occurred" this is nothing new this has been happening for millennia

So where is your proof that:

1 these prophecies came true
2 that they were not written after the fact
If you are willing to hang out this time, I would love to discuss prophecies in the proper thread when you are ready...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) You must remember Heaven this is not you house either so you have no room to condemn my actions or my view points. Again I think that is funny you bring up my behavior when you people will bash people when you think they are not looking and passing judgment on people making blanketed statements such as

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr 08-26-2005, 09:12 PM) Plus, outsmart with brilliant and intelligent arguments, every Christian on the planet, but try your arguments when u are face to face with The Creator of Heaven and Earth and see how far U get. cos whether U believe it or not, thats whats coming next.

But till then, enjoy exalting your finite minds.

Or how about

Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address 06-12-2005, 12:14 AM) It's been a whole 12 hours now, and no relpy from the asstheist. I think I will do a paper and prove that asstheism is a cult.

You people only see what you want to believe you ignore any reason any thing put in opposition you throw out a red herring and hope no one notices this has been true over and over and over.
If you are going to give examples of my behavior here for arguments sake, I would prefer if you used my own words for said examples... I don't think I ever disrespected you on this board, but you seem to have a group answer mindset when it comes to responding to me. I am an individual... This contradicts the "your house" argument you posted earlier now doesn't it???

Heaven

Old 09-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #20
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) Accidents happen... If you are sincere, you will edit it when you get the time then...
Done as much as I can on my part I cannot change what appears on the list of the board.

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) If you are willing to hang out this time, I would love to discuss prophecies in the proper thread when you are ready...
I will listen and respond to what you have to say on this issue just start the thread.

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) If you are going to give examples of my behavior here for arguments sake, I would prefer if you used my own words for said examples... I don't think I ever disrespected you on this board, but you seem to have a group answer mindset when it comes to responding to me. I am an individual... This contradicts the "your house" argument you posted earlier now doesn't it???

Heaven

Fair enough, but I hope you can see where I am coming from here I am grossly out numbered here so I am having to go many different directions at once.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #21
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) You obviously didn't take the second test at all did you? I didn't say it was impossible to answer the test correctly, I said there are no wrong answers and the test keeps scoring my answers as wrong. That is incorrect, nullifying the test. How could you pass any test in school if no matter what you answered, the teacher said you were wrong??? Take it yourself and see...

Heaven

No Heaven the test is correct (to an extent) because of the different accounts in the gospels no matter what you say is wrong but no matter what you say is right. This test is making a point that the gospels themselves can’t agree on things regarding the time of Christ. Make sense?
Old 09-01-2005, 11:58 PM   #22
bgivens33
USER INFO »
i'm a bit too tipsy to reply to this tonite... but watch for my reply tommorow...
Old 09-06-2005, 04:01 AM   #23
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) i'm a bit too tipsy to reply to this tonite... but watch for my reply tommorow...

Waitin' on you Bgivens
Old 09-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #24
creedsister
USER INFO »
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-18-2005, 07:28 AM   #25
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) i'm a bit too tipsy to reply to this tonite... but watch for my reply tommorow...

Still waiting
Old 09-18-2005, 07:31 AM   #26
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou)
If you are willing to hang out this time, I would love to discuss prophecies in the proper thread when you are ready...

Heaven

Go ahead and start the thread Heven I would love to see the prophesies that came to pass beause of Jesus
Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 AM   #27
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Go ahead and start the thread Heven I would love to see the prophesies that came to pass beause of Jesus
Instead of starting a new thread, I would like to direct you to the thread you started and then walked away from...

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...ead.php?t=9355

Technically, the ball's in your court still.

Heaven

Old 09-19-2005, 08:55 AM   #28
creedsister
USER INFO »
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 AM   #29
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) Instead of starting a new thread, I would like to direct you to the thread you started and then walked away from...

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...ead.php?t=9355

Technically, the ball's in your court still.

Heaven

ok I'll get to it

I just need to dig up my bible to check out daniel agian and get brushed up on the prophecey that you are refering to in that post
Old 09-21-2005, 09:13 AM   #30
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: But till then, enjoy exalting your finite minds.

Hmm... Interesting. We are the ones who have room for God in our minds yet we have the finite minds... That makes sense.