++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-24-2005, 12:42 AM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
[Discuss] Stapp on Leno

Well, gotta give Stapp credit.... he sounded very good tonight on Leno.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-24-2005, 12:51 AM   #2
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
well, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to agree with you, Steve...I posted this over at, um, the OTHER place...

well, I'll get the negative out of the way, since most people are expecting that from me...LOL...

he had a LITTLE trouble with the higher parts of the chorus when he says, "to live my life", but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that he was a little nervous...

and, well, that's all I have to say that's negative...I thought, for Stapp, that was a good live performance...I don't think that he has the voice to do a song like "What If" very well anymore, but, if he sticks to the easy Creed songs and his solo album songs, and ALSO works these next few months to strengthen his voice, I think that the Stapp fans might be in store for a pretty good tour...and the part when he used his foot to kick up the microphone stand into his hand, I thought that was pretty cool...I actually feel glad for him...Leno is NOT where you want to suck, and Stapp put his best foot forward...he should feel proud of himself...he did a good live performance of one of the stronger tracks (and probably my fave) on his cd...
Old 11-24-2005, 12:51 AM   #3
creedlvr
USER INFO »
He sounded GREAT! He looked GREAT! .... Scott is back!
Old 11-24-2005, 12:55 AM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
You could still see his facial expressions as he forced those higher, drawn out notes. Just hoping that doesn't take it's toll as he tours.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-24-2005, 01:35 AM   #5
johellion
USER INFO »
I saw it... To me it sounded like Creed ... He was much more responsive( acted like they had something to do with it!!) with the band members....He was not like that with his so called brothers.( and this is early on )..all I can say... if anything...he (seems)to have matured and is gonna be more supportive of this band!!! Of course.. this is early in the game...Knowing Scott...time will tell...

As far as the music...Creedish again...He put on a good show( voice somewhat strained)...like I said (showed...to be supportive of the band...like close friends)...Band was good....but ..then again the sound was Creed!!! Scott needs to get his own sound, and make a change..mo
Old 11-24-2005, 01:35 AM   #6
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I personally thought that he did horribly. Now, im not "Bashing" im just saying that he wasnt up to par and that he needs to hook up with a vocal trainer, or a cough drop. He cant sing like he "yousta could". He was way too animated on stage with his dancing around, and he wasnt even acting like himself. And, AND, my guess was correct, the lead guitarist uses a PRS! The backing band had no stage presence, which was probably caused by the fact that they thought they were gonna be silouhetted out anyway. But boy was the light man off...you could actually see the other members of the band. I guess stapp was probably pretty pissed off about that. On a scale of 1-10, performace....3....vocals....2. Not impressed or suddenly thrown into the urge to buy all of his tickets for his upcoming tour.

I'll admit it too, just so you know im not bashing. There have been nights where i thought Myles was extremely off. But, those were few and far between. Stapp hasnt had one good vocal session since the Human Clay tour.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 11-24-2005, 03:40 AM   #7
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
his voice sounded very good and the cd is awesome I like the more husky voice he seems to have now! good job!
Old 11-24-2005, 03:52 AM   #8
Chase
USER INFO »
You know, I thought he didn't perform as well as he is capable of. And I thought he knew it too. At one time he had a little trouble spitting out a verse. He seemed a bit rusty... but then again it's been a while since he's performed with an entire band with an upbeat song. Televised performances never do the artists justice... I've been to some and then watched them on TV, only to be shocked at how poor the televised quality is. He was a little off... but gave it his all. I would expect a live concert to be a thousands times better.

And actually... I saw Creed twice. Once during the Human Clay Tour... and once during the Weathered Tour. In all honesty, Stapp was just as good (possibly better) during the second time as he was the first time.

Last edited by Chase : 11-24-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:03 AM   #9
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
- That pretty much says it for me. There was a whole lot of flexing(biceps) and was there anything on the stage he didn't throw his leg on for a pose?

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-24-2005, 04:13 AM   #10
sina2b
USER INFO »
yea i wish he would ease down the poses to some extend, but overall he was good.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:19 AM   #11
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) yea i wish he would ease down the poses to some extend, but overall he was good.
I like the song, just too dramatic!

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-24-2005, 09:10 AM   #12
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
any1 got a video of it please.
I live in the uk so couldn't watch it
Old 11-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #13
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebio) - That pretty much says it for me. There was a whole lot of flexing(biceps) and was there anything on the stage he didn't throw his leg on for a pose?
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA know i did,nt see it that way at all the damn stage was to small and there a lot of bottled up engery kick ass peformance i really got into all the throwing
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 11-24-2005, 09:55 AM   #14
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
great performance...starting off strong...good for him...
Old 11-24-2005, 10:03 AM   #15
titan9
USER INFO »
I thought he sounded quite good last night. What I was most impressed with, though, was the energy he showed on stage. Some may get irritated with all of his "Jesus Christ" poses, but it doesn't bother me at all. The charisma and energy he showcased last night were vintage Stapp. If he is that energetic during the tour, I have a feeling we will be in for a good one. My only concern is that it appeared that he did force some of those notes, though not many. However, it did not look as forced as his MLB.com performances, which is good. Hopefully that is a sign that he is learning how to not force the notes.

Anyway, to sum it up, he looked good, sounded good and performed good last night, though I know he is capable of an even better performance. I look forward to seeing him next Tuesday on Live with Regis and Kelly.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!