++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-15-2003, 08:59 PM   #16
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Believe me, you can in many situations. And it sucks.

Yep-Yep Dogstar!! Been there, done that! And yes...IT SUCKS!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 07-15-2003, 09:14 PM   #17
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Fame can be very hard to deal with; we can only venture a guess as to how it affects the guys from Creed, especially Scott (e.g., the stalker, and being "beaten down by the words of men who have no grounds" (media) and I can totally understand feeling alone, even in a crowd. We've got your back Scott!! True fans understand that you are only human and even you have a bad day now and then. Rest up and take care of yourselves; we'll be here waiting when you're ready to come back and rock our world again!! God Bless!!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 07-15-2003, 09:22 PM   #18
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Sheila63
Exactly, Moonshine.  There have been times in the past when I've been in a room full people and felt totally alone.  I realize it's not exactly the same situation but I think you can undersand what I'm trying to say.

Teri and souldancer, you're right - We've got your back, Scott.

But were all those people there to see you or you and only a couple of other people??

I understand about feeling alone, and have many times before, but at every one of those times absolutely no one was around me, and less paying attention. If people were there to see me and I was the center of attention, things may have been different.

Sometimes it is better to have a few people be close to you than it is to have thousands you have no connections with, but at the least then you still know that people are there for you and accept you.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 07-15-2003, 09:44 PM   #19
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire
But were all those people there to see you or you and only a couple of other people??

I understand about feeling alone, and have many times before, but at every one of those times absolutely no one was around me, and less paying attention. If people were there to see me and I was the center of attention, things may have been different.

Sometimes it is better to have a few people be close to you than it is to have thousands you have no connections with, but at the least then you still know that people are there for you and accept you.

H-D

Feeling alone even when around groups or even in a crowd of thousands is a phenomenon that's very hard to explain... difficult to express in words... if you've got so much difficulty in your personal life, as Stapp has had especially in 2002, even the admiration of thousands doesn't seem to help you heal. If he was in that dark of a place at that time, adoring fans probably wouldn't even be able to change that. Time off with his son and supportive family and friends, and time just to "be", maybe just sit in God's presence and gain strength from His grace, were probably the things that helped him crawl out of that dark place he was in at that time. I pray that he's feeling healthy and strong again, and able to deal with the difficulties in his personal life. I also hope that when their management schedules their next tour, they don't schedule quite so aggressively, giving the guys time to breathe and Scott's voice time to rest in between shows. Peace....

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 07-15-2003, 09:53 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire

When you are in that dark place, not even the people closest to you can help you, especially them, because many times, you want to hide it from them as best you can so as not to worry them. And you are lucky no one was around when you felt that way. Do you work, have to run a household and all? When you have to get up and work every day and face people when you are in that dark place, then you'll understand how hard that can be sometimes.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:56 PM   #21
Moonshine
USER INFO »
I so agree Kim. I have felt alone many times in my life, whether there were other people around me or not. It has got to be one of the worst, blackest feelings there are. It can feel like there is a cloud around you, seperating you from the world around you or even as though you are walking in a dream, again not part of the world around you. I can't speak for others for why they may feel this way. For me, it is a product of my upbringing. You have an alcoholic parent, you often feel invisible and alone. So, yes, I believe it is possible for Scott to stand on stage with thousands of adoring fans around him and feel alone.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:00 PM   #22
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
thanks for the link, ben
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 07-15-2003, 10:37 PM   #23
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Just wanted to add to my previous posts. Although Scott had a "bad" night in Chicago, two nights later in Philly, he (and the rest of the band) rocked us the best some fans on this bb have ever seen, according to some. How can that be, you may ask? Maybe, just maybe, he got some bad news or had a terrible fight with Hillaree on the phone, or talked to Jagger on the phone and it really hit him how much he missed him, not long before the show started. Have you ever gotten bad news or had a horrible fight with someone, yet you had something pressing you still had to do, like go to work and go on with your day as if nothing earth-shattering just happened to you? Picture that situation, only you can still be somewhat anonymous; Scott can't....

Old 07-15-2003, 10:53 PM   #24
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
This is my thought on what it it like to be surronded by people and feel so alone and to be pretending that everything is okay..

~Fooled~
I think I have them all fooled
When they look at me-
What do they see?
A somewhat likeable
a somewhat pretty
nothing special--girl
but if they could see inside me
what would they see?
a lost, lonley
in desperate despair--girl
Good thing they can't see inside.

So I know what it feels like for everyone to be saying your life is great why are you sad? I have felt so alone surronded by people so many times...
My heart goes out to Scott Stapp, I know how much I struggle I can't even fathom doing it in front of thousands of people and the media...
Thanks for posting the link, Ben...
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 07-15-2003, 11:27 PM   #25
Moonshine
USER INFO »
That is a beautiful poem and describes the feelings quite well. Man! I wish I could write poetry!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:53 PM   #26
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
This board is a hell of alot more peaceful about this than some others. Some of the members of the pit are just plain vicious. Also VH1 has some ignorant people there too regarding this topic. I'm glad so many of you feel like me. I support Stapp and Creed too.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #27
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I know, I don't care for the pit or VH1's board. I support Stapp as well and it's good to know we are not alone.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:38 PM   #28
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Thanks Moonshine!!

You should write..even if you think you can't it is such a great thing to do for yourself..even a journal...
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 07-16-2003, 06:03 PM   #29
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Its good to see Scott speaking out finally about this Its nice to hear about everything from Scotts point of view. I to am in support of Creed all the way in this also:P
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-16-2003, 08:38 PM   #30
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by goddess_bb
Thanks Moonshine!!

You should write..even if you think you can't it is such a great thing to do for yourself..even a journal...

You're right, goddess, writing is a great outlet. I've really gotten into writing lately and it really helps me think things out.

I thought your poem was great, I enjoyed it too.

And Kim, thanks for making some very valid points. I've had times at work where it's been very hard to be there and yes, there have been a few times I've broken down and cried at work due to circumstances in my life. I know how hard those times were for me, I can't imagine being in front of thousands of people and feel like that.

Relearn Love