++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-20-2002, 03:21 PM   #16
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah we can only imagine what it is like to have your entire life under a microscope!!!! Fame is not all it is cracked up to be! I am sure moments like the PSU concert he would like to forget! No one is perfect, and hey living in the spot light has it's downfall's!!! My Christmas wish for Scott is PEACE, peace and quiet with his family! He gives us sooo much of himself, he deserves a well deserved break!!!!!!! We all see the "rock star" side of Stapp, the soulful, passionate, good looking man, but he has bad days, days were he does not look so good and behave so good! HE IS HUMAN AND WE NEED TO REMEBER THAT!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-20-2002, 03:44 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, he still looked good last night, that's for sure.

SD, thanks much for the kind words, and yes, I think the media will pounce on it for sure. They will take any chance they get to bash them. Makes me soooooo mad.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:52 PM   #18
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
My Christmas wish for Scott is PEACE, peace and quiet with his family!  He gives us sooo much of himself, he deserves a well deserved break!
That is so unselfishly sweet and true Jen!!

Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
yes, I think the media will pounce on it for sure. They will take any chance they get to bash them. Makes me soooooo mad.
Well, you have your mission and you know those last lines of Weathered...
Old 11-20-2002, 03:54 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh yeah, the bastards won't even get me down. I always choose to fight! I'm going to check out the Penn State papers and if there is a negative review, I'm going to send my post, edited for family reading of course, as a response. And they better dang well publish the letter or there'll be hell to pay.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:32 PM   #20
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Oh yeah, the bastards won't even get me down. I always choose to fight! I'm going to check out the Penn State papers and if there is a negative review, I'm going to send my post, edited for family reading of course, as a response. And they better dang well publish the letter or there'll be hell to pay.
Love that warrior spirit...fighting for the truth. Just a Freedom Fighter.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:39 PM   #21
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Well guys...I guess this might be the begining of something not so pretty for them. Check out this link to one of the first reviews so far. What a jerk!!!

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2002/...-02darts-05.asp[/url]
Old 11-20-2002, 06:43 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yikes. I'm at work and just read that *review*. He obviously didn't get it. And it wasn't just girls screaming....grrrr...I'm going to send him MY review as a letter to the editor. He didn't have a hissy fit at all. I think he just wanted to rock and for the fans to rock after the delays and glitches at that point.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:47 PM   #23
JenRN
USER INFO »
Just "another" person taking his turn at jabbing Scott in the back. The thing is his girlfriend probably loves Stapp and it is his way of getting his 2 cents in!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-20-2002, 07:53 PM   #24
Tantraess
USER INFO »
You go get him! If you need a back-up for any reason just let me know.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:05 PM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I will, Tantraess. They will get an earful. I know it's only a college paper and they are still learning, and it's his opinion, but he needs to hear both sides. The quote he got was from one person. One fan. Hellooooo, there were a few thousand there as I recall.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:47 PM   #26
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Tantraess
 It was real easy to put him up on an unrealistic pedestal that was beyond human. I have a bad habit of doing that with the people I love on a personal level also.

It's something we all do!!

Quote:  As far as needing to drink to loosen up a bit, I totally agree that it is not something that people should need. I believe that any true Creed Fan needs nothing but their clear mind to become hypnotized by their music. Usually the ones that go to the concerts and get trashed or arrive that way don’t even know what the words to their songs are, they just like the sound.

I have experienced the same thing, I couldn't agree with you more!!
Quote:  The fact that he had to go to court this morning in Florida to be sentenced for a fight
That was something I don't think any of us knew! Thanks for that info. That may explain some of the stress he was dealing with. The last thing he needed was technical problems.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-20-2002, 10:58 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I didn't know that, either, and I also heard from someone who went to the meet-and-greet that Scott did not attend because Jagger was sick or something. I think he had a lot going on.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:03 PM   #28
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah he is human and things happen, sick kids, fights, and equipment failures, it just really sucks he had to go through it all at once! Poor Scott!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-20-2002, 11:06 PM   #29
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Poor Creed! I bet they did have a LOT of people out of the job that night, I don't blame them. Well at least Scott thanked the crowd and told them how much he cared about each and every one! That is so cool and it does show his bad a** side since he yelled at the people, I'm glad he did that! Happy to hear you had a great time!

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 11-21-2002, 08:29 AM   #30
jahowe6
USER INFO »
I have been to quite a few concerts at BJC and also sporting events--if the people aren't on the floor (front & center) they are sitting on their a**!! I am so glad that Scott did tell the people to stand up -- I was one of the unfortunate ones that wasn't on the floor. I had great seats and could see the whole stage and (Scott!!) really well, but I couldn't stand because the people around me were all sitting.

Like I said before it was an awesome concert!!! I know from my own life things don't always go as planned--but you just have to take it one step at a time and be patient with the problems that did arise for them--its not like they planned for all those bad things to happen.

I have a question -- i thought he said that he wrote "arm's wide open" in State College, but the Collegian article said "Torn" --does anyone know for sure which one it was?