++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 02-07-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
Karen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Need feedback from True CREED fans!

Hello Creed fans!

I was hoping that you all could give me a little feedback. I have a friend thats in a band called Logan. Logan are from Scotland, United Kingdom...but they do not sound as such. I have been helping promote Logan as they are planning to come to the states in a few months, in hopes of breaking into the American music scene. Logan have a huge fanbase in the USA. Lots of their fans say they sound like Creed. Logan has gotten some radio air-play here in the states and a few dj's and Program Directors have also said they sound a lot like Creed. I am a huge Creed fan myself, but I don't think they sound like them and Logan doesn't think so either. And they aren't trying to. They have been HEAVILY influenced by Creed though. The lead guitarist of Logan (Mick/spytim) is the BIGGEST Creed fan in the UK. He emptied his bank account in 2002 to come see Creed in concert.

I was hoping that you could give them a listen. I'd like to know what you think!

http://musicbymusic.com/logan.html

http://www.logan-net.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=412

www.logan-net.com

PS! Any bandrags peeps here? I used to post there as xenagirl until the boards went down. I used to post here too, but it's been a while and I've forgotten my password/username. I see there have been some changes here also. Site looks AWESOME!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 01:00 AM   #2
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
They sound pretty good. I like them.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 02-08-2004, 02:44 AM   #3
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Cool. I bookmarked the links and will check 'em out in a bit.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 02-09-2004, 11:49 PM   #4
Karen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Cool. I bookmarked the links and will check 'em out in a bit.

H-D

Cool! Thanks! Looking forward to hearing your comments...positive or negative. The band would honestly like to know what we Americans think of them.

ROCK ON!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:24 AM   #5
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
The sound similar to Creed. Pretty cool.

>> edit : actually I think the singer sounds like Eddie Vedder!

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-10-2004, 01:10 AM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, I listened to the first song so far, and I thought the same thing, Steve. He had an Eddie V. sound kind of in the way he screamed. It was like a cross between him and Scott Stapp. I'm downloading the other songs, because I have a slow modem, so I'll post more later.

The song Lifeless living was OK, but it kind of dragged on and it didn't show much progression or change. The riff was a tad repetitive. I don't know how many people are in the band, but the song was ripe for a guitar solo of some sort. The singer has a good strong voice, though.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:52 AM   #7
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Wow. I listened to Like A Rain and I love the guitar tone for the intro, sounds so familiar!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:51 AM   #8
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
No offense to the music, I've heard from friends it was good but I have dial-up and it takes too long to download. But, Mick/spytim is a member of another Creed message board and he has posted some pretty speculative & negative comments about a member of Creed there as well as on his own website. Sorry, but I have no respect for a musician who would do that to a fellow musician.

Just my thoughts.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:21 PM   #9
Karen
USER INFO »
Cheers Steve! You know, a lot of people have compared them to Pearl Jam also. And even Metallica and Sevendust. The majority say Creed and Pearl Jam.

And I agree dogstar. The singer, Kenny Collins, has very strong vocals. That dude can roar! I love that kind of music.

Farmgirl, I don't want to sway your opinion and comment on anything that I don't know firsthand. It's probably the pit and Scott Stapp that you speak of. I don't go there, so I don't know what's been said. I do know that Mick loves Creed, and I don't think he would slag Creed's music or it's profession. I'll stop with that said. I don't want to speak for Mick. Maybe he can stop by and shed some light on that. I do appreciate your honesty.

Thank you all for your feedback and comments!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:05 PM   #10
cjme
USER INFO »
I have to agree with farmgirl here. And even though I like the music, Mick's comments about a fellow musician, may it be Stapp or not, has tainted the band's name already. Kinda sucks when one band member's behavior ruins it for the rest of it, doesn't it?
Old 02-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Karen, the intro to Runaway made me think of Pearl Jam's I Am Mine. Very similar. The vocals definitely were like Scott's, though. I think they have potential, but I think they need to find their own sound because they do sound a little too much like Creed and PJ, but that's just my opinion . With that said, many bands sound like their influences and work through that and do find their own sound. Thanks for giving us a listen.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:48 PM   #12
Karen
USER INFO »
I hear what you're saying Dogstar! One thing comes to mind though. I recall, back in the day, when people used to say that CREED sounded like Pearl Jam. I'm glad that CREED pressed on.

I honestly don't think that they are trying to sound like Creed or Pearl Jam. Mick has been heavily influenced by Creed, and Kenny by Pearl Jam. That's the style of music that they love and, naturally, that's the style that they would want to play....I would imagine. I think they have the same style, but I don't think that they sound the same. Kenny was born with those pipes. Can't hold it against him because he sounds like someone else (not to say that you were). I do think that if I were in a band and were being compared to the likes of Creed and Pearl Jam...I would be stoked...and honored!!!

Thanks for taking the time to give them a listen dogstar! Thank you all!

cjme! Thanks for your input. I am glad that you can see past Mick's views and be able to like their music. Thanks for keeping an open mind! I do hope that Mick will stop by and shed some light on his views.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #13
cjme
USER INFO »
Hi Karen, all I wanted to point out to him is how easily someone can mess up and be judged. I'm sure he never thought his words could reflect bad on his band, but it did to some. Other than that, the music sounds great.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:02 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Karen) I hear what you're saying Dogstar! One thing comes to mind though. I recall, back in the day, when people used to say that CREED sounded like Pearl Jam. I'm glad that CREED pressed on.

Absolutely, that's what I kind of said in my earlier post, that even though they sound like their influences, many bands progress to their own sound. I think these guys could, too. I wish them well. Keep us posted on them when you can.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #15
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
I agree with Farmgirl....

Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) No offense to the music, I've heard from friends it was good but I have dial-up and it takes too long to download. But, Mick/spytim is a member of another Creed message board and he has posted some pretty speculative & negative comments about a member of Creed there as well as on his own website. Sorry, but I have no respect for a musician who would do that to a fellow musician.

Just my thoughts.

I've read the same negative comments and even took mick/spytim to task for it. My philosophy is that fellow musicians respect other fellow musicians. Lots of bands may dislike their competition or other bands....but they have enough class to get along, put their product out there and deal with the success for failure that they receive.

I understand that Mick is disappointed by one mistake made by one member, on one night. But as I've told him myself.....he lost one potential fan when he made the statements he made.....so now maybe he can understand how one stupid mistake can go horribly wrong and have a negative affect on how one is perceived by their public. Sorry, but this American is not a Logan fan.