++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-01-2004, 02:10 AM   #1
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If I dont see it, it dosnt matter

someone explain to me why 99% of all human beings living in 1st world countries believe in this?

Wait i know the answer, because we are all selfish

Jesus says, "if you want to truely follow god, sell all your possesions, give the money to the poor and follow me"
I think like one rich guy ever did that ever (the dude who owned/co-owned the pizza hut chain or whatever), he sold everything, quit his job, sold all his cars and his mansion and items, gave al the money to charity, and lived off bread and water for a week.

I tip my hat to this man.

Now i know noones going to go THAT far, but dont you think its odd how everyone (even me I admit) has this view on things? we dont care what the startving children in indonesia are going though because WE CANT SEE IT, therefore IT DOSNT MATTER.

Why spend a dollar a day to save a family when i can not do that and get an extra buck added to my several thousands every day?

Its a sad but true world we live in, and the even sadder part is that only like 1% people actually DO care and give even that small dollar a day, even if its only a buck.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 09-01-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
whitebird
USER INFO »
Sadly, you are right.

But, we each have our own strengths that others may not see. We work on different paths, which interconnect in this world.

Where one person may collect food and items for those in need, another may teach that there is a need.

Where one may travel to another country to rebuild destruction, another may stay to maintain stability for those on the edge in our own society.

Strengths, caring and loving take many forms.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Sadly, you are right.

Funny how Teri claimed that I had no idea what i was talking about

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
Old 09-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Whitebird) Where one person may collect food and items for those in need, another may teach that there is a need.
Yeh thats a great point. I did a presentation of bible verses and a song I wrote concerning the bible verse from Matthew, Whatever you do to them you do to me, and not anyone in that room wasn't touched by God's heart on the matter.

I guess what frustrates me the most is that God's people clearly have a responsibility to the poor, its in the bible, but nobody seems to read it these days! Perhaps I should post some verses of interest. Not for condemnation's sake, but for reference and to see God's perspective on the poor...it seems that the poor are on God's heart. He HATES poverty!

I sorta wish that churches collectively would give a percentage to the cause of the third world. Imagine the difference. I know it breaks God's heart. It says that the first church's people sold their posessions to give to others that had need, or had less. It breaks my heart how materialism can breed convenient ignorance.

Ohhhh, I shouldnt have gotten started on this topic. I get pretty passionate. I'll go

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 09-01-2004, 11:04 PM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) Funny how Teri claimed that I had no idea what i was talking about
I'm not even going to dignify this with a comment. You're an idiot. Stop baiting me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:21 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
I WILL, They All Set To Comfortable They talk the talk but they dont walk the walk or go that extra mile , Song For thought SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN POISON....... But Neverthless When We Give We Give it with a free heart......And i dont wanna get in to the Respect a person O deal in todays churches So many trying to buy their way in to the pearly gates And to the topic of above it goes ecnored, THE LORD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER Blessed be those who have given from the pure heart And blessed be those who gived when they had nothing but the desire to give As To All Of Us Who Gave That Penny ......Amen And Amen,,,,,,,,,,I Dont wanna get on a roll I Dig Your Views Sincirr Bless your heart
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-02-2004, 12:58 PM   #7
whitebird
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) Funny how Teri claimed that I had no idea what i was talking about

I don't know what the problems are between you and Teri, but I would ask that you never use my words, to upset or hurt another.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:48 AM   #8
SandMan
USER INFO »
I watched an author speak about this and it makes you think, " If you can't see it, or if it does not cross your path...then it does not exist in your life course.

If you see it, It's crossing your path and it's then up to YOU to decide what to do wide/narrow...right/wrong...good/bad...ripe/unripe...truth/ignorance...love/hate, which is imprinted in all of our hearts.

And upon making those decisions ...shapes what we get in return, it's like magic...in other words, "Treat others the way you want to be treated, because it's coming back."
Old 09-05-2004, 12:03 AM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
What You Reap , He Shall Reward Every Man Acording To their Deeds Some Big Some Small A Lot Of Folks Is Going Be Saying Now Why Did,nt I Get What He Had well you you did,nt do all that much brother , Sorry
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-08-2004, 05:59 AM   #10
SandMan
USER INFO »
I was doing some reading this morning on mandala's and came across this, it reminded me of when you spoke of poverty.

"It is also suggested by the image of "Dying to Yourself" or the word "Poverty" as Phophet Mohammed had quoted "Poverty is my pride." In Sufi terminology it means that "God only remains".
The use of the word 'faqir by Shirdi Sai indicates the end of this journey."

or in my interpretation...

You just never put your possesions over God/Love..you always put God first, in all your doings, before anything material. an example Job...

another thought...the breathe of life is in every living thing, God is the all, so it is up to us when confronted with an issue to descern and help that person, animal or environment to the best of our ability.

Makes me think of the saying "We are all one, in him."
Old 09-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #11
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SandMan) You just never put your possesions over God/Love..you always put God first, in all your doings, before anything material. an example Job...

another thought...the breathe of life is in every living thing, God is the all, so it is up to us when confronted with an issue to descern and help that person, animal or environment to the best of our ability.

this dosnt explain why 90% of the worlds wealth ignores the millions of starving children and families, when they could easily help out one or 2 of them with literally no sacrifice to themselves

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
Old 09-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #12
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: this dosnt explain why 90% of the worlds wealth ignores the millions of starving children and families, when they could easily help out one or 2 of them with literally no sacrifice to themselves

i've been reading this thread and would like to offer something on the above quote...

the only ones that could explain WHY are those of wealth that choose to ignore those in need...unless you are one of those persons, any explanation would not answer WHY with an acceptable explanation.

out of sight doesn't necessairly mean out of mind...many of the wealthy do support several charities of their choice aimed at helping those in need...but do not know on a personal level how it does or doesn't impact the lives of those receiving...

In fact...for anybody that gives to charities, how do you know FOR A FACT that you donations are being applied the way you are told they are?...this is a thought i've had in this reguard.

just another thing to ponder...
Old 09-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #13
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
By saying those in wealth, i mean literally every single person who lives in a 1st world country and make more then 10 bucks an hour.

by wealth i dont mean wealthy compared to US, i mean wealthy compared to the other half of the world that gets 50 cents an hour
And for "the only ones that could explain WHY are those of wealth that choose to ignore those in need...unless you are one of those persons, any explanation would not answer WHY with an acceptable explanation."

Is my main question, im asking the people here why they dont donate EXC.

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
Old 09-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #14
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SandMan) I was doing some reading this morning on mandala's and came across this, it reminded me of when you spoke of poverty.

"It is also suggested by the image of "Dying to Yourself" or the word "Poverty" as Phophet Mohammed had quoted "Poverty is my pride." In Sufi terminology it means that "God only remains".
The use of the word 'faqir by Shirdi Sai indicates the end of this journey."

or in my interpretation...

You just never put your possesions over God/Love..you always put God first, in all your doings, before anything material. an example Job...

Amen sandman in this world a lot of things Are required of those serving God To each is own path and we must do what we are lead to do And Comes Before Anything Your Right This of course is a diffrent subject But I Get A Lot of static in my Life For Putting All Before God Someone said to me last week, When I Told,em Hey All My Free Time Goes To God And they said well the Lord Understands U Got To Do This And Do That And take care of this and take of that It Is Always I see That In My Life B/c He Is First Sacrafices Must Be Made Make Room For The Lord But All I See Is A LUKE WARM World in which i live, They Want Big Micrales But Not Willing To Make The Sacrafices Of The Mircales In Which They Asketh HEY FOLKS ALOT REQURIES ALOT Amen And Amen
Old 09-08-2004, 10:46 PM   #15
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
thank you for clearing that up, Xterminator...and to that i can only answer...many people do choose to help others...But do so quietly and without notice...

so with that in mind...unless one chooses to make public their charitable offerings, how does one know who is or isn't giving, and i what capacity?

it might help if you would clarify which people/countries you are talking about...because a lot of times, it is the governments/militant groups of those countries that hijack any food being sent...or confiscate any money that may be given...even religious groups/medical doctors have had difficulty bypassing the hijackers.