++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #106
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Umm, are you saying that Hanson and Stapp's bandmates MADE Stapp take Prednisone? Woah...

Did they hold him down and stick the needle in his throat...NO. But Stapp has done interviews that indicate that management was involved. And the bandmates don't fool me with that "we didn't know what was going on" crap. How can somebody be totally clueless when Stapp couldn't sing one night and then miraculously could sing the next night? Treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine.

They wanted the tour to go on...they wanted to work...they have said that themselves in interviews. You would think that selling 7 million freaking copies of the CD would have been enough. But I guess when a concert brings in an easy million its hard to let it go.

You know....others here have accused people of having their heads shoved up certain other people's orifices. I don't think Phillips and Tremonti had that problem....they knew. They just didn't care. But then that's just my opinion.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:16 AM   #107
Creed7352
USER INFO »
"scott stapp is a pathological fucking liar." --brian marshall
Old 11-09-2005, 03:48 AM   #108
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) "scott stapp is a pathological fuking liar." --brian marshall
why are you putting this here? let it go already.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:31 AM   #109
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) Question: Are/Were you a fan of Creed? If so, you're very ungrateful.
I'm a die-hard Creed fan.

But being a fan doesn't mean I have to make up excuses for Stapp. He's a grown man who can take responsability for his acts. If he wants to apologize or justify (no pun intended) his mistakes, he will. He doesn't need his fans advocating for him.

How about you? Are you a Creed fan? If so, then you're indeed ungrateful coz according to your logic, it's fine to bash Mark, Flip, Brian and Hanson. But if you say a word about all-mighty Stappy, then you deserve capital punishment...
Old 11-09-2005, 06:32 AM   #110
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) This sudden revelation that Hanson said that Mark & Co could ruin Stapp's career is new to me, this is the first I've heard of it. Who he supposedly said it to, and who got the whole thing started, I don't know, but from what your saying it seems as if it's going to turn ugly, just as everything does.

So is this the reason why AB's interviews were so negative towards Stapp?? According to BoC, that statement was made the week OYE was released.

Hanson no longer manages AB, and he no longer manages Stapp. He got paid back ten-fold for his work with Creed, and he now has his things up for sale on E-bay. I guess it's karma time. My opinions of Hanson stand as they are.
Just for the record and to close the discussion.

Jeff told a group of people from another board who reported it later.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #111
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) He's quickly becoming a legend in his own mind.
He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all? It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him....
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #112
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Just want to add that we all speculate based on what we've all seen and heard and derive our own, sometimes biased, opinions. And once in awhile we post on the forums. That's fine. I've done it myself in the past I'm sure. However when speculation and rumors take over the entire conversation, that's when it needs to stop. People are arguing over rumor and not fact so in essence, the arguments are pointless.
THAT I agree with to 100%!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Didn't Hanson and his former bandmates already try to end Stapp's career...with the drug Prednisone? The guy is actually lucky to be alive and still be able to sing. All for the love of MONEY.
No man, I think that was the doctors and Stapp's decision. Don't blame Hanson or AB for what the doctor did or Stapp hitting the wall or his mistakes or whatever. The man always had a decision. He could have canceled the tour. In the end you can't blame in on anyone but yourself. If you create your own prison - you are the only one who can get out it!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #113
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all? It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him....
Come on... He's not better solo than in Creed, in Creed he could hit the notes. On The Great Divide he can't.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #114
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is....

Yes, in his own mind.

Quote: he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time

He is one of the most mediocre to below average singers of all time. There is NOTHING special about him and he often can't sing very well at all *coughhisnewalbumcough*

Quote: and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that,

I have listened to him a ton. Everyone has. You couldn't escape his voice for about eight years.

Quote: and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed,

No questioning that's wrong.

Quote: and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?

Not as stupid as him.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #115
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is....

hahaha so you agree with Teri?

Quote: he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time

no, he's not underestimated... nor overestimated.

Quote: and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed

Hellooooooooo... HUMAN CLAY!

Quote: and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?

Yeah we do. And you do a lot.

Quote: It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him....

No, it's worse for him coz over the years he created an cocky image of himself for the critics, press and public in general. The difference is his fans accept it and don't mind it, while the others don't accept and mind it.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 PM   #116
titan9
USER INFO »
*sigh* Why do you waste your breath in here, Uncertain? You know that in a Stapp forum, you're going to run into those who obviously disagree with your sentiment that Stapp is an awful singer. Bashing a singer in his own forum, imo, isn't right. Like I've said time and time again, I don't have a problem with it if it is done in another forum(like the AB forum). But when it is done in here, it crosses the line. You don't like it when people barge into the AB forum and bash Myles, do you? So why do you expect people to like it when you(or another anti-Stapp person) come into here and bash Stapp. It's like me going over to Ye Ole Usher forum and posting a message saying how much he sucks(and he does). It does no good.

Back on topic, I hope Stapp sounds good on his tour. I hope he can hit the same notes live as he can on his album. However, we won't know for sure if he can or can't until he starts touring. It should be interesting.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #117
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Titan you are so right its funny how some like to judge like they are so perfect, so I say get over yourself.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:22 PM   #118
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) why are you putting this here? let it go already.

because it was a joke...and it was perfect timing for it...everyone was getting all heated up and it fit.

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) its funny how some like to judge like they are so perfect, so I say get over yourself.

said the one who does it towards AB constantly...:lol
Old 11-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #119
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?
He WAS a great singer once. His voice isn't nearly as strong and soulful as it used to be. Listen to bootlegs from 98 and then from 2002. Huge difference for a number of reasons.

Quote: It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him....
Neither do you.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #120
Creed7352
USER INFO »
well shit, he's not the only one being interviewed....lol..what does that mean?