++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Columbus Interview - Stapp Walks Out

Has anyone here heard this yet? It's in real audio format:

http://www.wbzx.com/media/ScottStappOnWBZX.ram

It's 24 minutes long and is an obvious setup for an ambush against Stapp. Basically what happened was the DJs opened up the interview talking about Stapp's ex-wife, asking how much money she got out of the divorce or something to that effect. And it all went downhill from there. Stapp said some "negative" things about Mark, Scott, and Brian as well (which is ironic as all the 'Stapp fans' kept saying it was Stapp who was keeping quiet about all that).

Towards the end of the interview the station's program director comes on and tells this story about how Creed was booked to perform for a station event and before the show he went to the tour bus to meet the band. The other band members were playing video games and never acknowledged the fact that this guy entered the room. Someone from the label then got Stapp to come over and talk to this guy. Nothing was said so the DJ noticed a hat Stapp was wearing (a golf hat) and asked Stapp if he played golf. Stapp's response was 'what tipped you off' or somethign to that effect. The guy basically goes on to say that he felt dissed by Stapp over that incident. They wanted Stapp to address that event but Stapp just walked out of the studio.

Personally I think those DJs were completely out of line. I'm glad Stapp walked out of there. He could have fought back at those guys but he realized it wouldn't have done anything positive. Apparently after he walked out some label guys from Windup were giving the DJs a look too. Those guy were probably in deep ****.

Finally, unrelated to the interview, I do have a little interesting tidbit. Someone I know personally had a very similar experience to the story the program director told. Back in 1997 when Creed first went out on tour, a small local band was opening for Creed at a bar. Before the show a member of this band approached Stapp back stage just to say hi and whatever. According to this guy, Stapp simply blew him off and did not talk to him at all. I find it weird that someone had a similar experience as this friend of mine had.

Either way, give the interview a listen. It's interesting to hear.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-10-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
ohiocreedfan
USER INFO »
Check out the radio tour thread. We have been talking about it for a couple of days. I didn't hear the interview originally, but I heard them talking about it right after it was over.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 PM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I agree with Steve the DJs were out of line but the in the middle of the interview, Stapp saying he was Creed and all the other things.... so sorry for that, that wasn't good. bleh...
Old 10-10-2005, 11:01 PM   #4
ohiocreedfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I agree with Steve the DJs were out of line but the in the middle of the interview, Stapp saying he was Creed and all the other things.... so sorry for that, that wasn't good. bleh...
I really think this interview was about attracting attention. This is a new show and they want it to be controversial since it replaced Howard Stern. I think a lot of it was for publicity and unfortunatly Scott was the first important person to come along. The show has only been on for 2-3 weeks.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:16 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, it pretty much reeks of a setup, and as I said in the other thread, I thought Stapp was pretty restrained. It could have been a lot worse. He didn't take most of the bait, and more power to him for that.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
they got what they wanted.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:22 PM   #7
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Like I said in the other thread related to it -this interview was kinda ironic and disrespectful in various moments...Those guys seemed to think they were funny...and they clearly didnt want to talk about his solo carreer or about TGD( ). Their intentions were different. They wanted to promote themselves instead of let Stapp promoting his single.

And yes,the guys story who was disappointed with Stapp was veeery long. However, it can be true. I REALLY make no doubt.

But start an interview talking about his ex-wife, asking Stapp how much money she got it out from divorce was...at least 'unbelievable'...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-10-2005, 11:35 PM   #8
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yeah, it pretty much reeks of a setup, and as I said in the other thread, I thought Stapp was pretty restrained. It could have been a lot worse. He didn't take most of the bait, and more power to him for that.

Well, I think he did take the bait...even though when the interview started he tried to answer in the same 'funny way'
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-11-2005, 12:21 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Well, I think he did take the bait...even though when the interview started he tried to answer in the same 'funny way'
I know. Not all of it, though. It could have been much worse.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:59 AM   #10
Chase
USER INFO »
Like I said in the other thread... I don't blame Stapp for walking out. Those DJs were completely out of line and every question they asked was designed to stir up more controversy. On a side note... I think Stapp is done with respectfully answering questions regarding Tremonti and Co. Interview after interview with Alter Bridge has had Stapp bashing to a certain degree. I wish they wouldn't publicly go after each other... but if Alter Bridge does it... Stapp might as well defend himself.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:41 AM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, it's sad to see such bitterness on both sides. They made some great music together.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #12
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Dj's are like that the whole time, they play with their guests. In another radio interview that Papa Roach gave a couple of months ago, the Dj's were asking nasty questions to Papa Roach drummer David Burckner about his recent divorce with Steve Tyler (Aerosmith singer) daugther, Mia Tyler. The questions were really out of order like: "Hey man, now you are divorce, you can get laid" or "Well, now you will have to share half of your goods with her...but anyway she has daddy's millions" and more stuff. David could have reacted in a rude way or walked out and he didnt. Stapp could have done the same...play with the Dj's...he could expect all this stuff from them. Stapp is not an innocent and naive guy without experience....he has been almost the only Creed member speaking and answering in interviews in the past. He could have said loads of things (he knows hes liying the whole time) and dont say: "I fired them" (regarding to Mark, Brian and Flip). I dont blame the Dj's at all. Like one of the guys said at the end of the interview when Stapp left to the WU representatives: "Man dont look at me like that. We talked about what we were gonna ask him...we knew it". If Stapp is not ready to make radio interviews WU shouldnt allow him to make them. I dont think hes ready to make radio interviews anyway, i dont think hes ready to go to a radio station and say yes, it was my fault, lets move on and talk about my album. Hes too arrogant, and thats why the Dj's acted that way....they had a bad past expirience with him.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:52 AM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
"Creed was over after Human Clay." That's a bold statement.

"I fired them" "They didn't have self confidence, then when Creed broke, their heads swelled." Another bold statement.

"In Chicago, during Who's Got My Back Now I laid on the stage. I asked the audience, have you got my back? I looked at my band. Because they don't." Another bold statement.

My husband is listening to this with me, and he just quoted Joe Walsh from the Eagles when he sang: "I have a mansion forget the price, ain't never been there they tell me it's nice. It's tough to handle this fortune and fame, everybody's so different, I haven't changed."

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #14
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Whoops, didn't read the other thread. Sorry. heh.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-11-2005, 10:48 AM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Well... Mark said Creed was done after HC too...