++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-24-2005, 10:23 PM   #16
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) November?! When did it become November? First it was spring, then late summer, and now November? This reaks of Stappish delays...

Lol! I thought the same! Also, DONT FORGET IT: November IS the MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 07-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #17
geletmote
USER INFO »
Creed live shows

HI there, im from australia and im a huge creed fan also gettin into alter bridge now, ive been searching the net were on earth can i find footage of live shows ive found a site with live shows but they are on audio cd, wre coul i get live performances with footage, especially the concert were scott was intoxicated?

any ideas

peter g
Old 07-25-2005, 02:54 PM   #18
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
[quote=uncertaindrumer]Yeah, Stapp sounded so great at those concerts where he was rolling on the ground intoxicated

Seriously, though, this is exactly why I think that all star show did nothing but hurt AB. Myles, the greatest rock singer alive, sings like crap, Tremonti, the best mainstream rock gutiarist alive, plays like crap during his solo, and Johhny Damon and Mike Piazza go up there looking like complete fools, making a mockery out of the whole performance.

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE

Okay who is this Uncertain drummer and who does think he is?, Myles Kennedy the greatest Lead singer ever. Myles is a very talented vocalist but hey I can think of 30 Good vocalists from the past ten years, until he comes close to having as successful career as Scott Stapp had, rocketing Creed to the top of the charts, come talk to me then. On the other hand Kennedy does have extrodinary range at times, kinda reminds me of a robert plant from zeplin. Getting back to Chris Cornel, he is another talented rock singer, but lets be serious we all know that Cornel with his voice could never even touch Zack Dela roch from rage against the machine. Even Soundgarden was a up and down band, I think they maybe put out one really good album and Audioslave is no Rage against the machine just as Alter bridge is no Creed. Though Uncertain has put AB at the top of the mountain, seeing their performance at the derby shows as a band they have a long way to go, especially having seen creed four times outdoors Stapp would have totally blew the doors off Kennedy in my opinion.

Last edited by Tremontixriffs : 07-25-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:18 PM   #19
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Hun...here we go again...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 07-26-2005, 12:58 PM   #20
creedsister
USER INFO »
[quote=Tremontixriffs]
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yeah, Stapp sounded so great at those concerts where he was rolling on the ground intoxicated

Seriously, though, this is exactly why I think that all star show did nothing but hurt AB. Myles, the greatest rock singer alive, sings like crap, Tremonti, the best mainstream rock gutiarist alive, plays like crap during his solo, and Johhny Damon and Mike Piazza go up there looking like complete fools, making a mockery out of the whole performance.

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE

Okay who is this Uncertain drummer and who does think he is?, Myles Kennedy the greatest Lead singer ever. Myles is a very talented vocalist but hey I can think of 30 Good vocalists from the past ten years, until he comes close to having as successful career as Scott Stapp had, rocketing Creed to the top of the charts, come talk to me then. On the other hand Kennedy does have extrodinary range at times, kinda reminds me of a robert plant from zeplin. Getting back to Chris Cornel, he is another talented rock singer, but lets be serious we all know that Cornel with his voice could never even touch Zack Dela roch from rage against the machine. Even Soundgarden was a up and down band, I think they maybe put out one really good album and Audioslave is no Rage against the machine just as Alter bridge is no Creed. Though Uncertain has put AB at the top of the mountain, seeing their performance at the derby shows as a band they have a long way to go, especially having seen creed four times outdoors Stapp would have totally blew the doors off Kennedy in my opinion.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO That BOY CAN DOWNNNNNNNNNN ANYBODYS DOORS, COME ON COME ON !!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 07-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #21
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Oh guy...Creed is over, RATM is in the past! Of course they were great ! But now we have also two great bands: Audioslave and Alter Bridge.They gave us two amazing albums: ODR and OOE. We get Chris Cornell and Myles Kennedy-and both are the best rock singers.They no need to be compared to anyone, they are different, they are unique.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 07-26-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:27 PM   #22
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: Hun...here we go again...

I'll try not to be too nasty

Quote: Okay who is this Uncertain drummer and who does think he is?,

I am the most controversial member on the boards and I THINK I have the right to pronounce whatever opinions I may wish. Especially when they are easily supported by facts.

Quote: Myles Kennedy the greatest Lead singer ever.

What kind of ridiculous straw-man argument is that? I said nothing of the sort. I said he was the greatest rock singer alive. Not EVER, ALIVE. Robert Plant in his heyday would definitely be my pick before Myles, Chris Cornell at his peak I would also take. I could probably think of quite a few others. I also didn't say greatest LEAD singer of all time. That impleis that I think he is the greatest frontman. He is not. Bono is. But Myles has a far better voice than Bono, Stapp, or anyone else you hear in the mainstream today.

Quote: Myles is a very talented vocalist but hey I can think of 30 Good vocalists from the past ten years,

Good vocalists drop like flies. Great ones don't. Have you ever trained your voice or sung in a professional capacity? Just curious.

Quote: until he comes close to having as successful career as Scott Stapp had, rocketing Creed to the top of the charts, come talk to me then.

GRRRRR! Can there be a ban on people saying that record sales=talent? It is absurd. Stapp has a mediocre voice with lyrics that are entirely hate-able, and a prima donna atittude. Just because Creed sold a zillion records doesn't make him any better than the guy working 9 to 5 who practices every day and has a five octave range.

Quote: On the other hand Kennedy does have extrodinary range at times, kinda reminds me of a robert plant from zeplin.

Myles is less tenorish than Plant. Myles can go lower than Plant, but Plant I still think a better singer. If only because he was in Zep, lol. No, really I think Robert can stay higher for longer.

Quote: Getting back to Chris Cornel, he is another talented rock singer, but lets be serious we all know that Cornel with his voice could never even touch Zack Dela roch from rage against the machine.

Did you just say Chris Cornell is no Zack de la Roche? WHAT?! Zack de la Roche knows how to scream, Chris Cornell knoss how to SING.

Quote: Even Soundgarden was a up and down band, I think they maybe put out one really good album and Audioslave is no Rage against the machine just as Alter bridge is no Creed.

Okay. Audioslave is so much better than RATM it is not even funny. RATM was too political, had too much rap, too many effects, not enough focus on musicianship. But I can grudgingly understand that you might like RATM more.

But Creed is SO far out of AB's league it is hilarious. Let's go by the check list:

Drums: The drumming in AB is substantially better than the drumming in Creed, where Philip's basically recycled the same beat in EVERY SONG.

Bass: Well I am no bassist, and I actually think it is the weakest spot of AB. But it was nver anything special in Creed and is probably a lot better in Alter Bridge. Althoguh you can't really hear the bass in either.

Guitars: Tremonti improves so much in the jump between Creed and AB it is insane. Also, free from the constant demand for NOTHING but a ridiculous amount of stupid radio friendly catchy melodic hooks with no substance at all, he writes some nice riffs and some awesome solos.

Vocals: There simply is no question Myles is a more technically proficient singer than Stapp. PERIOD. You can't argue that. He has more range and hits harder notes, as well as with incredible consitancy.

Lyrics: Lyrics are amazingly subjective and to tell the truth, I don't like Creed's or AB's lyrics. But Stapp's lyrics are preachy annoying radio lyrics that do nothing but make my skin crawl. AB's are bad but at least they don't offend you.

Quote: Though Uncertain has put AB at the top of the mountain, seeing their performance at the derby shows as a band they have a long way to go,

Top of the mountain?! What? I don't think they are anywhere NEAR that. They have an album with four great songs, six below-average songs, and one good song. They have lots of potential, mostly in the hands of their ridiculously talented singer, who by the way can also SHRED. Stapp can't even strum.

Quote: especially having seen creed four times outdoors Stapp would have totally blew the doors off Kennedy in my opinion.

Sure. The derby sucked. I hated it, it didn't show their good side. So? Who cares. At least they have good songs to play (though granted, they didn't PLAY a good one). Creed had a solid rookie album and then it all went downhill. AB might do the same but at least they haven't yet. They still have potential.

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 07-26-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #23
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
[quote=uncertaindrumer]
Quote: I'll try not to be too nasty

Lol...Let's see...

Quote: I am the most controversial member on the boards ...

...by the way this is completely unnecessary to say...lol

Quote: Did you just say Chris Cornell is no Zack de la Roche? WHAT?! Zack de la Roche knows how to scream, Chris Cornell knoss how to SING.

You said it! I love Stapp and Myles voice, but Cornell ... lol
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 07-26-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #24
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm a huge fan of Stapp, but I never would rank him, technically speaking, above Myles. There is NO denying that Myles has more range than Stapp and is, overall, the better musician of the two. I say that because not only can Myles sing and hold incredible notes, but he is also a capable lyricist(see his lyrics in Mayfield Four) and a good guitarist who can compose songs. Stapp, in my honest opinion, is a very good lyricist(slightly better than Myles) and a pretty good singer. But he can't, that I know of, play guitar and compose songs like Myles did in MF4. However, Stapp easily ranks in my personal top 10 favorite singers, as does Myles, who actually is my favorite singer at the moment. Stapp doesn't have the kind of range Myles does, but Scott's vocals perfectly fit Creed. Who knows if they would have been a massively popular band if they had another guy as their lead singer.

I'll agree with Uncertain regarding Cornell/de la Roche. Nothing about de la Roche's vocals blew me away. However, having listened to just Audioslave's new CD(and select tracks off their first one), I can easily say that Cornell blows me away with his vocal ability. That dude has range!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 07-27-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:52 PM   #25
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'm a huge fan of Stapp, but I never would rank him, technically speaking, above Myles. There is NO denying that Myles has more range than Stapp and is, overall, the better musician of the two. I say that because not only can Myles sing and hold incredible notes, but he is also a capable lyricist(see his lyrics in Mayfield Four) and a good guitarist who can compose songs. Stapp, in my honest opinion, is a very good lyricist(slightly better than Myles) and a pretty good singer. But he can't, that I know of, play guitar and compose songs like Myles did in MF4. However, Stapp easily ranks in my personal top 10 favorite singers, as does Myles, who actually is my favorite singer at the moment. Stapp doesn't have the kind of range Myles does, but Scott's vocals perfectly fit Creed. Who knows if they would have been a massively popular band if they had another guy as their lead singer.

Exactly.

Quote: I'll agree with Uncertain regarding Cornell/de la Roche. Nothing about de la Roche's vocals blew me away. However, having listened to just Audioslave's new CD(and select tracks off their first one), I can easily say that Cornell blows me away with his vocal ability. That dude has range!

Why anyone would claim Zack de la Roche is a great singer is beyond me...
Old 07-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #26
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Exactly.

Why anyone would claim Zack de la Roche is a great singer is beyond me...

Guys,

I was not saying that Cornell and Kennedy are not really talented rock singers, but collectively as a band rage against the machine while together were unbelieveable, even though a little political. Uncertain is right when he says that there is potential with Alter Bridge, But whether or not collectively they will jell as well as Stapp and Tremonti and Phillips remains to be seen. Creed as a band before the problems were awesome and I understand that they aren't together anymore, but I cannot agree that alter bridge is a better band at this jucture, Tremonti's guitar playing may be at his best with AB , but Collectively Tremonti and Stapp as a duo were unbeatable...They were only one of the best songwriting duos around and I actually like the Mayfield Four..I actually think that band fit myles better than alter bridge, but thats my opinion. Oh yeah and uncertains take on Stapps Lyrics are a little shabby, especially when he claims all there songs were religious hub gub, but to tell ou the truth I never eally noticed. The songs creed wrote were lyrically awesome and held meaning as where with the exception of a few songs One Day remains seems to be a repetitve pot shots at Stapp and the creed days.Sorry but to me Weathered, Six Feet, Bullets, My sacrifice were really good songs and I'm sorry to say can't hold a candle to any song Alter bridge has put out so far, and that really says something because Weathered was considered to be the worst of the three Cd's. I actually hear those songs on the radio now more than I've heard AB on the radio and its been four years since they came out.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:02 AM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
Oh, I'll agree, at this point, Alter Bridge doesn't compare with Creed. I just pulled out MOP for the first time in a couple of months and I listened to the whole thing, without skipping a single track. I forgot how amazing that CD was. I mean, no track on that CD, imo, is skippable. You've got solid track after solid track after solid track. Whereas on ODR, I skip a couple(namely 2 out of the last 3 tracks) tracks. Even though there are some great solos and great tracks on ODR, it still isn't as good, imo, as MOP. But it is a excellent debut CD for AB, considering the amount of time they took recording it.

However, AB still COULD become better than Creed, maybe not from a success standpoint, but from a creative standpoint. What I'd like to see for the next CD is Myles writing all the lyrics(Mark's a decent lyricist, but I think Myles would be a better fit), a few more solos and if there are ballads, I'd like to see better ones. If AB can improve upon the first CD on the next album and then carry that momentum over to the third CD, then they could very well end up a creatively better band than Creed.

As far as the lyrics in Creed, there definitely wasn't religious stuff in every single song. Is there anything religious about Bullets? How about What If? Or My Sacrifice? Or One? See what I mean? There were spiritual meanings sprinkled into some songs, but not all. U2 does the same sort of thing. You'll see spiritual stuff in some songs, but not all songs by them. If the lyrics come from the heart and if you're a Christian(whether that's a committed one or a struggling one), spirituality will find its way into your lyrics. I speak from experience, being a lyricist myself. It's not like I TRY to infuse spirituality into my lyrics; it just happens.

Last edited by titan9 : 07-28-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #28
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Oh, I'll agree, at this point, Alter Bridge doesn't compare with Creed. I just pulled out MOP for the first time in a couple of months and I listened to the whole thing, without skipping a single track. I forgot how amazing that CD was. I mean, no track on that CD, imo, is skippable. You've got solid track after solid track after solid track. Whereas on ODR, I skip a couple(namely 2 out of the last 3 tracks) tracks. Even though there are some great solos and great tracks on ODR, it still isn't as good, imo, as MOP. But it is a excellent debut CD for AB, considering the amount of time they took recording it.

Well of course I am gonna disagree but we all know that

Quote: However, AB still COULD become better than Creed, maybe not from a success standpoint, but from a creative standpoint. What I'd like to see for the next CD is Myles writing all the lyrics(Mark's a decent lyricist, but I think Myles would be a better fit), a few more solos and if there are ballads, I'd like to see better ones. If AB can approve upon the first CD on the next album and then carry that momentum over to the third CD, then they could very well end up a creatively better band than Creed.

They will never match Creed's record sale success for a number of reasons: They(hopefully) are not going to sell out; they have a REAL rock singer, a TENOR, and people who listen to radio dislike tenors; Disc burning and downloading has become so much more rampant in the last five years that it is VERY difficult for a rock band to get that many albums sold. The pople who buy CD's are generally the people who can't download them, and while this is a horrific stereotype, it is nonetheless true--it is the 13 year old girls who can't download them. They are the main driving force behind the mainstream/pop scene, and any cursory look at the charts will show you that.

Quote: As far as the lyrics in Creed, there definitely wasn't religious stuff in every single song. Is there anything religious about Bullets? How about What If? Or My Sacrifice? Or One?

Did you just use bullets as an example of what a song's lyrics should be...? Come on, Titan, I know you are better than that. What If is actually the only song I don't mind the lyrics. But One is the msot preachy song I can think of at the moment...

Quote: See what I mean? There were spiritual meanings sprinkled into some songs, but not all. U2 does the same sort of thing.

U2's lyrics are actually good. Ask anyone who really works at songwriting, poetry, lyrics--Creed does not have good lyrics. Of course, this is a moot point because as I said, AB has downright rotten ones as well...

And as a final note--First of all, saying Audioslave is worse than RATM is ridiculous for a number of reasons. First, they are completely different types of music. Second, Cornell is a better singer than de la Roche, PERIOD, so if you are going to compare the bands, compare the bands--not the singers. Third, Audioslave doesn't scream the entire time. That is always a good thing, right?

And as a final, final note, such songs as My Sacrifice, One last Breath etc. are simply not that good from an objectvie perspective. I understand how far opinion goes and all, but things like this have been, done before, they are entirely unoriginal, are pretty darn simple chord progressions, and they all sound pretty much the same. Anyway, I gotta go.

I will come back and defend music's honor later. lol, jk
Old 07-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrummer) Did you just use bullets as an example of what a song's lyrics should be...? Come on, Titan, I know you are better than that. What If is actually the only song I don't mind the lyrics. But One is the msot preachy song I can think of at the moment...

No, no, no, I did not use Bullets as an example of what a song's lyrics SHOULD be. I used Bullets as an example of the Creed songs that did not have spirituality in them. No way was I implying that Bullets is a lyrical masterpiece; it's far from that.

About One: I can't really spot any spirituality in that song. Is it preachy in that it preaches peace and unity? Yes and I think that's a good thing. Is it preachy in that it preaches religion? Heck no. That was why I cited that song as a Creed song that doesn't have any spirituality in it. In your posts you have made it seem like every Creed song is preachy about religion, which isn't true.

Never would I compare Stapp, lyrically, to Bono, lyrically. I like Stapp's lyrics more than Bono's(pretty much because I like Creed more than I do U2), but I know that Bono is a lot more respected as a lyricist than Stapp is. I also know that Bono is ranked among the best when it comes to frontmen and that U2 is ranked as a legendary band. I don't disagree with that at all, because U2 has done a lot of great things as a band and they've always been a pretty creative band. However, I perfer Stapp to Bono and Creed to U2. But I know not everyone does and that's why I wouldn't dare say Stapp is as good as or better than Bono.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:02 PM   #30
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) No, no, no, I did not use Bullets as an example of what a song's lyrics SHOULD be. I used Bullets as an example of the Creed songs that did not have spirituality in them. No way was I implying that Bullets is a lyrical masterpiece; it's far from that.

lol, I knew what you meant Titan, I was just giving you trouble for using Bullets as ANY kind of examples for lyrics, lol!

Quote: About One: I can't really spot any spirituality in that song. Is it preachy in that it preaches peace and unity? Yes and I think that's a good thing. Is it preachy in that it preaches religion? Heck no. That was why I cited that song as a Creed song that doesn't have any spirituality in it. In your posts you have made it seem like every Creed song is preachy about religion, which isn't true.

Meh, not preachy about religion. Just preachy. And they aren't ALL. As I have said many times, Creed's singles are their worst songs by far. MOP had some preachy songs (like One), but overall I liked the album, with four or five songs I didn't like too much. Then in HC and Weathered they went commercial. I hate it when bands with potential sell that potential for success.

Quote: Never would I compare Stapp, lyrically, to Bono, lyrically. I like Stapp's lyrics more than Bono's(pretty much because I like Creed more than I do U2), but I know that Bono is a lot more respected as a lyricist than Stapp is. I also know that Bono is ranked among the best when it comes to frontmen and that U2 is ranked as a legendary band. I don't disagree with that at all, because U2 has done a lot of great things as a band and they've always been a pretty creative band.

'Xactly

Quote: However, I perfer Stapp to Bono and Creed to U2. But I know not everyone does and that's why I wouldn't dare say Stapp is as good as or better than Bono.

You like Creed more than U2/ Someday you will change your mind