++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
junoon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What? Why? When?

3 Weeks back i was in Pak heard My Scrifice on a local channel, was like wow what a cool song, what a great music, lyrics and vocals on the top of everything. Really loved it

Came back to dubai, heard more songs, bought all 3 cds, liked them more then b4, heard them everytime on my pc and car. But huh what i m hearing now, someone told me Scott the lead vocalist is no more with Creed What ? For what reason? When this happen, but why?

Then searched on net and atlast i m here

Please guyz dont ingnore this post, i know u must b fed up of this question now. But sorry, can u tell me ans for these questions.

And what now new band, alterbridge, i have heard few songs of them, but believe me didnt like them at all. May b i wanted to hear someone like Scott Stap, but i personally dont like his voice.

PS: this must have been asked many times now
Old 08-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
Anna1011
USER INFO »
they split up awhile back now if you search the board im sure youll find the answers to your questions.

welcome anyways.

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 08-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
They split up in November'03, announced it in April'04.

The three original members of Creed, Mark Tremonti (guitars), Scott Phillips (drums) and bassist Brian Marshall got together to form a new band called ALTER BRIDGE that you really should try. Their vocalist is Myles Kennedy, formerly of Mayfield Four. Their debut album (One Day Remains) was released in August'04.

Stapp is pursuing solo career, he's supposed to release his album in November.

The reason they quit... well, I'll leave it up for you. But why 3 guys of a multi-platinum band would quit to form a new unknown band and start from scratch with a new singer ?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:21 PM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
What Marcos said is right on par...except that the break-up was officially announced by Wind-Up on June 4th, 2004.

You can go into a little more depth about the break-up, though, by reading some interviews done with Stapp and the rest of the members of Creed. www.passionbreedsfollowers.com is a great Stapp fan site that has links to the interviews he's done since the break-up. As for the interviews with the rest of the guys, you can probably find all the links in various threads in the Alter Bridge forum on here or by going to an Alter Bridge fan site like www.alterbridgeband.net.

Stapp's solo CD is scheduled for release November 22nd, 2005. The first single, "The Great Divide", is scheduled for release on Rock radio September 25th, 2005, I think. You can find more info on the solo stuff either in the Stapp forum here or by going to PBF.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-24-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
to hear a bit more of Myles--Alter Bridge's lead singer, as mentioned by Marcos (Bridge of Clay)--The Mayfield Four (his former band) kicks ass! to be quite honest I've listened to more of Second Skin (their 2nd & final major label album together) than to One Day Remains (Alter Bridge's debut).

Old 08-24-2005, 10:23 PM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Ad if you miss Creed and Stapp you can download a lot of very good videos - some live- on www. passionbreedsfollowers.com

welcome!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 08-25-2005, 07:51 AM   #7
junoon
USER INFO »
Thankx Bridge of Clay, Ana4Stapp n everyone for this info. Would surely like to go in its details and hell ye i miss creed a lot, just started listening them and heard its no more :'(
Well now just get some live videos and say its finished.

Neways, good Scott is singing but solo, hmm... i'v just read here, its gonna b alternative album, not pure rock :S

PS: Creed could have made a history as they have many followers with just 3 albums.