++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 11-22-2004, 02:00 AM   #61
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) Quastion: liying about getting a blowjob vs lying that there is solid evidence (if evidence was solid, that WMD's would and been found, right?), and leading country into war... what's worse? What has caused more people to die?

But Bush didn't lie about WMD's. This topic has already been covered on the forums several times already. Bush made a determination based upon intelligence reports that he received. The US government, English government, and Russian government all came to the same conclusion that the intelligence saying WMD's existed was reliable. That's not lying. That is acting on intelligence.

And what does it matter about what the lie was? The point is Clinton was set to testify under oath in front of a panel. He knew he was under oath - he took the oath. Yet he lied. The lie iitself has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that he would lie, as President of the United States. He, among any other American, should be prepared to follow the laws of the land.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-22-2004, 02:39 AM   #62
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) US is nothing like Rome.
When Rome was in its prime there was the, unheard of, prolongated time of absolute peace. There were no wars and no riots for about 150 years. Absolute military stilness, in the world known to the Rome.
The world is anything BUT peaceful at the moment.
There are many other aspects as well (is US was like Rome it would be waving nukes non-stop). Comparing US to Rome is pretty simple, yeah, but is not correct.
Research the subject, pleaese.
ahhhh, yes, the Pax Romana... of course, that's b/c Rome had most of the known world under its thumb. and i assume that by 'absolute military stillness,' you mean that they weren't involved in any wars or conflicts, b/c the military helped keep rome what it was for so long

Old 11-22-2004, 02:42 AM   #63
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Who gives a rats ass if Clinton got a BJ in the oval office? I have a video of then Governer Bush flipping of the cammera after he won as governor. A president should be judged by his policies not his morals. Remember the good ole rule of "He who is with out sin cast the first stone"? The saying applies. Also almost every prez has had some side action, Clinton just got caught.

To say Bush is a better president than Clinton is like saying I am a better bassist than flea.

CLinton had a better foriegn policy and economic policy than Bush...i could go on but i won't.

Back to the subject, i think it is cool that they are honoring him.

Clinton isn't the best prez in history but he isn't the worst.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:24 AM   #64
heinzel
USER INFO »
I think it's crazy in the first place, that a president is forced to testify for a republican commitee that h ehad sex, ya see. None of this woul dhappen in holland. If our president ha da blow job in his office, we all would say, go to your wife and testify to her, not to us the people.

i think it is hypocracy that all you guys (who are against clinton) think this is such a big problem. We are not talking about war, dead people, poor people, stealing taxe money or whatever. we are talking a simple blow job.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:30 AM   #65
Lechium
USER INFO »
2Steve: you logic is 'a lie is a lie, no matter what subhect is'. That's ok and all, but our world is not so blakc and white. You cannot find a perfect person, so if you can get a good politician who is louse when it comes to his personal life... well hell do you care if your mailman cheats on his wife if your mail is always on time? Do you care that he testified and lied about that whole incident? Not unless your mail is late.
President is just a job, so as long as he does his job well all non job related stuff is irrelevant.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:34 AM   #66
heinzel
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) 2Steve: you logic is 'a lie is a lie, no matter what subhect is'. That's ok and all, but our world is not so blakc and white. You cannot find a perfect person, so if you can get a good politician who is louse when it comes to his personal life... well hell do you care if your mailman cheats on his wife if your mail is always on time? Do you care that he testified and lied about that whole incident? Not unless your mail is late.
President is just a job, so as long as he does his job well all non job related stuff is irrelevant.

you got that right, aight.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:31 AM   #67
Chase
USER INFO »
Heinzel, that's because the Dutch are sex addicts. I'm sure a Dutch leader doing all kinds of crazy sexual crap in office, and then lying on national T.V. to the nation is a standard practice.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:53 AM   #68
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Heinzel, that's because the Dutch are sex addicts. I'm sure a Dutch leader doing all kinds of crazy sexual crap in office, and then lying on national T.V. to the nation is a standard practice.
what a wonderful thoughthrough constructive post made by someone who knows dutch people oh so well....
Old 11-23-2004, 05:24 AM   #69
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
You mean the Dutch people as a whole arent windmill owning, clog wearing, canal jumping, nymphomaniacs?

No. Fucking. Way.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:17 AM   #70
heinzel
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Heinzel, that's because the Dutch are sex addicts. I'm sure a Dutch leader doing all kinds of crazy sexual crap in office, and then lying on national T.V. to the nation is a standard practice.

Whatever.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:20 AM   #71
heinzel
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) You mean the Dutch people as a whole arent windmill owning, clog wearing, canal jumping, nymphomaniacs?

No. Fucking. Way.

Thanks said eyes for clearing some thins up here.
It seems like some people think really strange about others.

And Chase, does this mean that you think that all iraqies are terrorists?
Old 11-23-2004, 12:55 PM   #72
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) You mean the Dutch people as a whole arent windmill owning, clog wearing, canal jumping, nymphomaniacs?

No. Fucking. Way.

Come to think about it -- you're right.
And Americans are redneck hicks with shotguns and bad teeth. All as one.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:22 PM   #73
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) Come to think about it -- you're right.
And Americans are redneck hicks with shotguns and bad teeth. All as one.

You know,that comment really pisses me off! Not all of Americans are rednecks Just the ones that live in my parents area I can't stand those dillhole white trash predjudice assholes I'm glad I move away from those worthless piles of ardvark poo!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-23-2004, 02:05 PM   #74
Chase
USER INFO »
First of all, I have every right to stereotype the Dutch... because in every thread regarding American politics, you do that very thing Heinzel. You stereotype every American as a far right, Jesus freak. So, I'm returning the comments. To Lechium... judging by your posts, you seem like the typical trendy, liberal who worships the ground Michael Moore walks on. You seem like the type of person who hates conservatives because it's the "cool thing to do." One of those, "I hate the President because Maynard says he hates the President..." types.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:54 PM   #75
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) To Lechium... judging by your posts, you seem like the typical trendy, liberal
I have been liberal all my life, mostly due to my upbringing. My mom had read outlawed books in Soviet times and my dad had left the communist party causing major tensions with some relatives. When we moved to US we came to NorCal, i.e. 20 minute drive from Berkley.
I am liberal because I belive that people should be able to say what they want, marry who they want, etc., not because it is 'cool'.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) ...who worships the ground Michael Moore walks on.
Not at all. Moore makes a lot of good point, but he overlooks a lot of facts that would contradict his statements. I find him interesting, but I point and laugh at people who worship him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You seem like the type of person who hates conservatives because it's the "cool thing to do."
Conventions do not bother me at all.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) One of those, "I hate the President because Maynard says he hates the President..." types.
I try not to let random rock star, who's edication and background I am not aware of, dictate my belifs.
I dont hate Bush, but he annoyes the fuck out of me for sure.

Bottomline: you dont know much about me at all, so before you tell me who I am how about asking me some questions first?