++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #31
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) clean out your ears i can hear where Relearn Love has a pop zing But not this one Geeeeesh >> <<

Well man, its not definitely ROCK either. Sorry to say that but its very far to sound like rock.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #32
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Gabs well its far from pop too its Rock N Roll Babes and Sounds Great Lets Not Divide it K
Old 10-27-2005, 04:09 PM   #33
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) It's funny, 'cause in another thread I guessed that the album would feature about 10 tracks, and NOT more than 11!! I mean, it has taken him forever to write these songs without Mark and Flip, which means it problably was pretty hard for him. And took him a long time. That's why I thought the album wouldn't feature that many songs. Someone else said about that he had heard something about 12. I guess I was right!
seriously, Lith, you need to control your anti-Stapp rhetoric bullshit & try & contribute something positively for once. you think not having Mark & Flip is the only reason why it's taken him so long? Jesus Tapdancing Christ, you're naive. Most bands end up writing (or at least partially writing) more than the number of actual songs that appear on the album. Or, in the very least, if they only write 10 or 11, they usually refine them a great deal.

There's also the matter of rehearsing for live performances immediately after (and also before) the album comes out. It's not as though it took Stapp a full 4 years to write new material, or even 1 1/2 years since they officially split. So, let's see, 1 1/2 years really isn't all that long. I mean, the man evidently had some tricky personal issues to deal with. And just because it takes awhile to write new material doesn't mean you suck: how many years was it between Boston's 2nd & 3rd, 3rd & 4th, and 4th & 5th albums (if you don't know, it's 8 years every time)?

It also remains to be seen how much goneblind contributed to the songwriting process, but I would guess that, just as with Creed, Stapp wrote the lyrics, and the other guys laid down the rhythm section parts. You also don't know how long most of the songs are. It's one thing if they're all 3:00, but I would imagine they probably run somewhere between the 4:30 & 5:30 range, giving you a good 45-50 mins of music, which is more than a lot of bands these days provide of original material.

Old 10-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #34
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Well man, its not definitely ROCK either. Sorry to say that but its very far to sound like rock.

It's not that far off from what is on Rock radio today. If I had to define Relearn Love, it'd probably be Pop-Rock. It's got a bit of a poppy edge, but it is closer to being a Rock song than it is to being a Pop song.

As for The Great Divide, that's a Modern Rock song, just like every other song on Rock radio today.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #35
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) But he DID do it....and no help from his backstabbing ex-bandmates either. I actually like the fact that I'm not hearing those two playing anything. I usually go the the restroom when they start in with the guitar solos and drum solos in concert. I bet every song isn't six minutes long either....six minute songs don't get played on the radio....yep...I think that's right.
I think you are truly missing out on good concerts then. 'Cause you're supposed to be frontrow in the middle! And if you are, there is no way you are going to the restroom in the middle of the show!

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) seriously, Lith, you need to control your anti-Stapp rhetoric bullshit & try & contribute something positively for once.
What did I do now? Commented on the fact that there is 10 songs on The Great Divide? Oh no, shoot me... Dude, relax, I didn't say anything negative about him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) you think not having Mark & Flip is the only reason why it's taken him so long? Jesus Tapdancing Christ, you're naive. Most bands end up writing (or at least partially writing) more than the number of actual songs that appear on the album. Or, in the very least, if they only write 10 or 11, they usually refine them a great deal.
No man, I didn't say any of that, you just assumed that. No, I sure as hell don't think not having Mark and Flip by his side is the only reason, and I never mentioned ANYTHING about Stapp sucking! I love his music, man! And I didn't say I was disappointed with the fact that there's "only" 10 songs on the album, once again you assumed I did.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) So, let's see, 1 1/2 years really isn't all that long. I mean, the man evidently had some tricky personal issues to deal with. And just because it takes awhile to write new material doesn't mean you suck: how many years was it between Boston's 2nd & 3rd, 3rd & 4th, and 4th & 5th albums (if you don't know, it's 8 years every time)?
Now, could you send me a quote where I actually say: "The Great Divide will suck", 'cause I sure as hell can't remember posting something like that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) long most of the songs are. It's one thing if they're all 3:00, but I would imagine they probably run somewhere between the 4:30 & 5:30 range, giving you a good 45-50 mins of music, which is more than a lot of bands these days provide of original material.
Yes, and I'm positive about this album. You, on the other hand, are waisting negative energry on focusing on the fact that I am "negative".
And even if all of those things you just said about me were true. I was still right, eyy? I gussed 10 songs would feature, and I guessed right.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-27-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #36
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Well man, its not definitely ROCK either. Sorry to say that but its very far to sound like rock.

AGREED!

Quote: It's not that far off from what is on Rock radio today. If I had to define Relearn Love, it'd probably be Pop-Rock. It's got a bit of a poppy edge, but it is closer to being a Rock song than it is to being a Pop song.

As for The Great Divide, that's a Modern Rock song, just like every other song on Rock radio today.

Sounds definitely POP...but ROCK???? Very very far...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 10-27-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:15 PM   #37
Trimontana
USER INFO »
^^Ana i cant love ya more
Old 10-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #38
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) Gabs well its far from pop too its Rock N Roll Babes and Sounds Great Lets Not Divide it K

Gabs??? Do i know at all to call me that way??? Not trying to be rude but just few people call that name and just one in here, Creedsister.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #39
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Gabs??? Do i know at all to call me that way??? Not trying to be rude but just few people call that name and just one in here, Creedsister.

Take it easy, trimontana....Creedsister = rocketqueen ...well... I think....lol
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 10-27-2005, 06:42 PM   #40
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Take it easy, trimontana....Creedsister = rocketqueen ...well... I think....lol

is she? why my sister is posting with another account? i didnt want to be rude, just wondering how she/he knows that way to call me
Old 10-27-2005, 06:43 PM   #41
Chase
USER INFO »
My Own Prison was 10 songs... people seem to forget that. Also, it took Trent Reznor to complete Nine Inch Nail's new record. It's quality, not quantity that counts.

Last edited by Chase : 10-27-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Sounds definitely POP...but ROCK???? Very very far...

Well, I was comparing it to the stuff that I hear on Rock radio today. Maybe they play different, harder stuff on Rock radio over there, though. But compared to the stuff played on Rock radio today in the USA, TGD is closer to being a Rock song(because of the guitar work and chorus) than it is to being a Pop song.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #43
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Well, I was comparing it to the stuff that I hear on Rock radio today. Maybe they play different, harder stuff on Rock radio over there, though. But compared to the stuff played on Rock radio today in the USA, TGD is closer to being a Rock song(because of the guitar work and chorus) than it is to being a Pop song.

Actually here on radio is the same 'quality' as in the US...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 10-27-2005, 09:02 PM   #44
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Well, I was comparing it to the stuff that I hear on Rock radio today. Maybe they play different, harder stuff on Rock radio over there, though. But compared to the stuff played on Rock radio today in the USA, TGD is closer to being a Rock song(because of the guitar work and chorus) than it is to being a Pop song.

Titan9 was only saying that it sounded like the "rock" songs
that are played on the pop stations in this day and age ....

as stupid as it is , there are several kinds of rock now ,
heck , Ryan Crapera ,or whatever his name is , is considered
"rock" in certain circles ....
so i see what people are talking about when they say RL
is pop , but to me , its rock . i would never insult Scott
by calling his music pop ..... but then , thats only my opinion,
(however right it may be ).
Old 10-27-2005, 09:22 PM   #45
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) is she? why my sister is posting with another account? i didnt want to be rude, just wondering how she/he knows that way to call me

Well I think ...hum..try to compare rocketqueen posts and creedsister post...they are very similar..(what means confusing posts)...lol

but anyway... maybe I m wrong...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Closed Thread