++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:37 PM   #16
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) only 10 songs ... i thought people were saying it was going to be much longer... oh well, i'll still be buying it haha.

6 more songs would have taken him 12 more years...

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 10-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #17
Agent D
USER INFO »
The cover is horrible. The photo on his site is much, much better.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:04 PM   #18
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Damn! Why does he do the album cover just like popstars! Don't like when people are on the frontpage of their CDs, then the face sells, not the music
Well, at least it's a profile, sort of ...
Old 10-26-2005, 09:05 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) 6 more songs would have taken him 12 more years...
Seriously, though, I'd rather have 10 quality/shorter songs than an overdone, bloated 16-song album that bores me.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:42 PM   #20
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Damn! Why does he do the album cover just like popstars! Don't like when people are on the frontpage of their CDs, then the face sells, not the music

My guess would be that any person producing their first solo CD or a band producing their first CD would probably want their picture on the cover. Maybe that's where Alter Bridge messed up. Is their picture even on their CD? Maybe its on the back, but I wouldn't know I've never checked it out.

Pop stars do full on head shots. The Great Divide cover is nothing like that. If you didn't already know who he was, you certainly wouldn't be able to identify him from that picture.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:47 PM   #21
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) It's funny, 'cause in another thread I guessed that the album would feature about 10 tracks, and NOT more than 11!! I mean, it has taken him forever to write these songs without Mark and Flip, which means it problably was pretty hard for him. And took him a long time. That's why I thought the album wouldn't feature that many songs. Someone else said about that he had heard something about 12. I guess I was right!

But he DID do it....and no help from his backstabbing ex-bandmates either. I actually like the fact that I'm not hearing those two playing anything. I usually go the the restroom when they start in with the guitar solos and drum solos in concert. I bet every song isn't six minutes long either....six minute songs don't get played on the radio....yep...I think that's right.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:27 PM   #22
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) well.. and ctfan... seems like you 2 have a little pent up rage...

... and ctfan, lith' wasn't tooting anyones horn... he just stated a logical fact that 3 can write faster than one...

but anyway... this album cover and track list really has me pumped for stapp... i was kinda gettin bored, but it's great to see he's on top of his game

No, no, I'm not angry at anyone. What I meant was, how does Lith know for certain that "it was probably hard for him" writing the lyrics to his new cd without his ex bandmates. I don't remember Stapp ever saying that. But I do remember him saying that he wanted to take a break.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:35 PM   #23
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) My guess would be that any person producing their first solo CD or a band producing their first CD would probably want their picture on the cover. Maybe that's where Alter Bridge messed up. Is their picture even on their CD? Maybe its on the back, but I wouldn't know I've never checked it out..

Okay, that's the most foolish thing I've heard all day. AB did not "mess up" and they took the more artistic route. And yes, their pictures are on in the inside of the cd.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #24
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) But he DID do it....and no help from his backstabbing ex-bandmates either. I actually like the fact that I'm not hearing those two playing anything. I usually go the the restroom when they start in with the guitar solos and drum solos in concert. I bet every song isn't six minutes long either....six minute songs don't get played on the radio....yep...I think that's right.

i'm sorry but creed didn't take time out and do drum solos and guitar solos, so the going to the restroom comment is void...

the six minute thing, is that supposed to be a jab at ab too? cause they're not all six minutes long and you wouldn't even know having never checked out the cd...and if you've never checked out the cd, how can you say that ab sucks?

if you think that the music sucks, then you'll think stapp sucks since the music is made by the same musician's in alter bridge as it was in creed and stapp's new stuff sounds like creed (and in his mind is creed just with a new "backing band")...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM   #25
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) The cover is horrible.

Very true. A nice artwork would have looked much better insteaf a picture of himself. Its a boring cover too.

Quote: Seriously, though, I'd rather have 10 quality/shorter songs than an overdone, bloated 16-song album that bores me.
You're rite kerri. But 2 of these songs "Relearn Love " and " TGD" are bad/average songs, so there are 8 songs left still to see if they are worth it. Not trying to be negative or nasty but it doesnt seem rite for me what we didnt listen to it yet.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:04 PM   #26
guesswhosback
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) It's funny, 'cause in another thread I guessed that the album would feature about 10 tracks, and NOT more than 11!! I mean, it has taken him forever to write these songs without Mark and Flip, which means it problably was pretty hard for him. And took him a long time. That's why I thought the album wouldn't feature that many songs. Someone else said about that he had heard something about 12. I guess I was right!

yeah yeah you're god we get it
Old 10-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #27
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) You're rite kerri. But 2 of these songs "Relearn Love " and " TGD" are bad/average songs, so there are 8 songs left still to see if they are worth it. Not trying to be negative or nasty but it doesnt seem rite for me what we didnt listen to it yet.

Actually "Relearn Love" isn't in the track list so it's not gonna be on the cd... but TGD and Surround Me are 2 of the 10 songs we've already heard... i'd call them both average, but not bad... maybe a little above average?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:19 PM   #28
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) Actually "Relearn Love" isn't in the track list so it's not gonna be on the cd... but TGD and Surround Me are 2 of the 10 songs we've already heard... i'd call them both average, but not bad... maybe a little above average?

Thanks for the correction, man
I just posted my opinion, for me those 2 are bad/average. I dont expect much from this album; just an average poppy album...it doesnt sound rock to me at least.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:25 PM   #29
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Thanks for the correction, man
I just posted my opinion, for me those 2 are bad/average. I dont expect much from this album; just an average poppy album...it doesnt sound rock to me at least.

no problem... and yea i agree, it does sound more pop like than normal... but then again i've only heard 2 of the songs so that doesn't tell me very much, and relearn love was pretty pop like too.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #30
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
clean out your ears i can hear where Relearn Love has a pop zing But not this one Geeeeesh >> <<
Closed Thread