++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-23-2004, 12:00 PM   #226
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
American Bad A$

You know, I think you are right. I think we should move this new twist to a new thread. I had hopes that this thread would fade onto the back pages never to be see again. It has been a shameful embarrassment. But, I see that our interest in understanding our different cultures, has given it life again, and that is not something that I want to do.

You can continue your debate with people, but I think that there may be a few who would agree that this has gone on too long.

My belief is that there are apportunities presented in life for us to learn from, if we choose not to accept these lessons, they often arise later in our life as a more drastic learning experience. Watch out on this issue, you may be forced by fate or God to learn the hard way.

Peace

Those interested, I think I may start a thread in the Chat-O-Rama. Please let me know what you think.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:33 PM   #227
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
white bird, start one if you like, i'll put my 10 cents in there.

and sincirr, i know god never leaves us nor forsakes us. but i am not talking about him. go look up 1 corinthians 5:11 in regards to cutting off fellowship with a believer who is living in sin. that is what we are supposed to do. if we continue to have fellowship with a person whoi is libing in sin, we are condonging their sin, and that is not right.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:11 PM   #228
HeadachyMatt
USER INFO »
lol yah serious, this thread has gone on much farther than i expected

i am pleasently surprised though at the undersanding people had on the subject

just remember, and keep in mind i am christian, for evey quote in the bible, there is a quoute from the same book to counter it

and my view stands that sense gay is something u are born with, it cant be a sin, go ahead and comment, on that, but i doubt i'll be comming back to this thread

but seriously, lol i cant believe this thread went so far, but its cool

have a good day everyone
Old 02-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #229
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Well U may cut your child off cos they have come out, but the Lord never leaves U nor forsakes U.
you got that right and another thing ive never seen the righteous foresaking no matter what sin they have done my friend thats why we need it a place called calavary!!! Were Everybody was set free!!!and another thing i will never foreget what my daddy said to that Sinner that hung beside him!! Remebear me When you enter in your fathers kingdome!!! My daddy said} TODAY YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #230
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) you got that right and another thing ive never seen the righteous foresaking no matter what sin they have done my friend thats why we need it a place called calavary!!! Were Everybody was set free!!!and another thing i will never foreget what my daddy said to that Sinner that hung beside him!! Remebear me When you enter in your fathers kingdome!!! My daddy said} TODAY YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE!!!

go read 1 corinthians 5:11 and what it is in context with. abandoning chirsitans who are in sin is what we are supposed to do - until they repent of their sin. find me another verse to counter it, and i may believe you.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:01 AM   #231
HeadachyMatt
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) go read 1 corinthians 5:11 and what it is in context with. abandoning chirsitans who are in sin is what we are supposed to do - until they repent of their sin. find me another verse to counter it, and i may believe you.

i will give only one, and i will not debate this with u

jesus said it "love thy neighbor as thyself" enough said
Old 02-24-2004, 11:13 AM   #232
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeadachyMatt) i will give only one, and i will not debate this with u

jesus said it "love thy neighbor as thyself" enough said

loving they neighbor as thyself is all well and good, but it has nothing to do with this present debate. you are to love everyone, but just not to associate with those who are living in sin.

any others, anyone?
Old 02-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #233
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) ...find me another verse to counter it, and i may believe you.

Oh boy! I'm soooo glad that I've learned to think myself!!! And not to follow just verses... like sheep! LOL!

Come away from behind your bible-book A$... and give me some scientific FACTS!!! And yes, gay people are born that way! It has to do with the amount of your male and female genes (sp?). Haven't you learned that already in school???

In a way I feel so sorry for you... really! You are so narrow-minded, kid!
It makes your world so much smaller. I don't envy you for that! But then I comfort myself with the knowledge (not some verse! LMAO!!) that you're quit young! You still need some serious growing up. You may experience a lot in the years that lies ahead of you... it may as well change your believes!

Right now, I would love to make a big jump in time... let's say 20 years from now... and then talk about these things again with you! I know for sure that you are the one who would be surprised about yourself.

Peace my son!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 02-24-2004, 11:40 AM   #234
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) i am not going to read all of these posts, cause a lot of them do not apply to what the topic is.

I bet you did read the posts, otherwise you wouldn't know of their content... clever boy!

And about that convincing-you part... I don't need to convince anyone! I'm living in a free country where everyone has the right to be wrong... LOL!!

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 02-24-2004, 11:40 AM   #235
HeadachyMatt
USER INFO »
[quote=WeatheredWoman]Oh boy! I'm soooo glad that I've learned to think myself!!! And not to follow just verses... like sheep! LOL!

very good point, its not like we can be ceartain that those who wrote the bible wrote it accurate

face it, there is corruption everywere, how are we sure someone didnt simply add anti-gay parts hmm
Old 02-24-2004, 11:43 AM   #236
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) American Bad A$

You know, I think you are right. I think we should move this new twist to a new thread.

Those interested, I think I may start a thread in the Chat-O-Rama. Please let me know what you think.

Whitebird I have to agree with you on that one... in that particular case A$ was actually right!

And about that new thread... You've got my vote for that!

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 02-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #237
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeadachyMatt) very good point, its not like we can be ceartain that those who wrote the bible wrote it accurate

Thnx Matt!

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeadachyMatt) face it, there is corruption everywere, how are we sure someone didnt simply add anti-gay parts hmm

LMAO!!! That was a huuuuuuge great one from you, Matt!!

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 02-24-2004, 11:48 AM   #238
HeadachyMatt
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) I bet you did read the posts, otherwise you wouldn't know of their content... clever boy!

And about that convincing-you part... I don't need to convince anyone! I'm living in a free country where everyone has the right to be wrong... LOL!!

lol well i skimmed it, but i had been gone so long i wasnt really in the mood to read EVERY post, but yah, i know most of the content
Old 02-24-2004, 11:50 AM   #239
whitebird
USER INFO »
WeatheredWoman, I love the jump roping sheep.

I going to start a new thread today in the Chat-O-Rama. I'm going to ask for people to let us know what their town, city, state, or country is like. Nothing has to be personal, just a general description is OK. I would like to learn about other areas in my own country, the U.S.A. and other countries that I have never had the pleasure to visit.

Thanks again WeatheredWoman for all the information on the Netherlands. I was really interested in the different laws, and the feelings of the people there.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:53 AM   #240
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeadachyMatt) lol well i skimmed it, but i had been gone so long i wasnt really in the mood to read EVERY post, but yah, i know most of the content

Uhmm... Matt? This was towards American Bad A$... not towards you! Sorry if you pretended it that way. Or you 2 must be one and the same guy???

(Is it "toward" or "towards" ???)

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...