++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-10-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
titanguy9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to titanguy9 Send a message via Yahoo to titanguy9
will tremonti fail?

ok guys, i need some support. i got in the back of my mind tremontis band is just not going to fit into the music industry. Like theyre goin to be reject, or no one will like them. Anybody feel the same. Can anyone give advice

SUBMERSED-THERE GOING TO BE BIG!
Old 04-10-2004, 11:30 AM   #2
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Mark's band is kind of like Audioslave. They won't sell ridiculous amount of records, but they will still go platinum. And they go platinum due to their talent and not due to their image (like most bands).
Old 04-10-2004, 11:41 AM   #3
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I don't think it really matters anyway. I think Tremonti is doing this for fun. Music seems to be his passion.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 04-10-2004, 11:42 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Mark's band is kind of like Audioslave. They won't sell ridiculous amount of records, but they will still go platinum. And they go platinum due to their talent and not due to their image (like most bands).

good comparison, two bands with already established names so already an established core audience and that will grow depending on the quality and marketablity of the music produced. lets face it mark will probably never have two songs that are as popular as wawo and higher ever again, but his music will still sell to the rock masses because it is great rock music. a perfect circle is probably also similar, sell on the basis on the music not on image (although having a drawcard like keenan always helps).
Old 04-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I don't think it really matters anyway. I think Tremonti is doing this for fun. Music seems to be his passion.

excellent point there he's made the money and climbed the mountain, probably doesn't drive him anymore.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #6
Shadow
USER INFO »
I think the diehard Creed fans will give it a chance. But, the new band might not reach the same popularity that Creed had. Myself, I don't care for Myles Kennedy's voice, but I would get the CD because it's Mark and Mark is part of Creed.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #7
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I think the diehard Creed fans will give it a chance. But, the new band might not reach the same popularity that Creed had. Myself, I don't care for Myles Kennedy's voice, but I would get the CD because it's Mark and Mark is part of Creed.

i don't think it will be as popular as Creed but that doesn't too much, but I must say I love Myle's voice. Fantastic singer technically, just awesome in that respect.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:24 PM   #8
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
ya know, the only way to answer this question would be to hear what their music is going to sound like. As was said, music appears to be Marks passion...and and like Audio Slave, yes...this new band is pieced together.

Thing is tho, until the general public hears what they have to offer, and people see how it will go over...just like with any band out there, brand new, or former members of another group...they will have to pay their dues, and see what happens. No one can give an answer as to whether they will make it or not until then.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:38 PM   #9
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) a perfect circle is probably also similar, sell on the basis on the music not on image (although having a drawcard like keenan always helps).

You are soooo wise!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 04-10-2004, 03:40 PM   #10
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titanguy9) ok guys, i need some support. i got in the back of my mind tremontis band is just not going to fit into the music industry. Like theyre goin to be reject, or no one will like them. Anybody feel the same. Can anyone give advice
FUCK WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS.
Some of the GREATEST bands out there right now Aren't Commercially Acceptable. Frankly, Right now most of what's Popular SUCKS. All The POP SHIT has poisened people's Minds. It's Time For The Real Guitarists to Reign again, even if no one likes them!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #11
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Well, first off, with the whole issue about tremontis band not being popular... Think about all the people that really like creed, like us. Then think about all the people that didnt like creed because of their religious meanings in songs, but who liked tremonti. Now, think about all the people that like whoever the new lead singer is from. thats quite a fan base! also, think about all the people that want to hear marks full potential. There are a lot of people that i know that didnt like creed strictly because of scott stapp, i dont know what the reason was behind that, but it happens. So, I think that the new band will be very very popular, and yes, pop/punk is killing us all...i cant go out and listen to a band without it being a punk/pop band, its sickening. Guitarists now a days are so sloppy and have no technique, no finess, they are 2 chord supermen, and tremonti is definitly a breath of fresh air over all the idiots with instruments that make it big today

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-10-2004, 04:06 PM   #12
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, first off, with the whole issue about tremontis band not being popular... Think about all the people that really like creed, like us. Then think about all the people that didnt like creed because of their religious meanings in songs, but who liked tremonti. Now, think about all the people that like whoever the new lead singer is from. thats quite a fan base! also, think about all the people that want to hear marks full potential. There are a lot of people that i know that didnt like creed strictly because of scott stapp, i dont know what the reason was behind that, but it happens. So, I think that the new band will be very very popular, and yes, pop/punk is killing us all...i cant go out and listen to a band without it being a punk/pop band, its sickening. Guitarists now a days are so sloppy and have no technique, no finess, they are 2 chord supermen, and tremonti is definitly a breath of fresh air over all the idiots with instruments that make it big today

Mark's band has a very good chance at being famous. Creed fans will be open to buying their album. They also have great talent and I'm sure there will be MTV viewers that will think they're "cool".
Old 04-10-2004, 07:35 PM   #13
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
I think, unless the music world of today has just gotten so bad that people don't know something good when they hear it, the new band will do just fine! Personally I hope they start out small so that we can get to see them in the smaller venues and bars and such, but I do want, and think, that they will be playing the bigger venues soon enough.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:38 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titanguy9) ok guys, i need some support. i got in the back of my mind tremontis band is just not going to fit into the music industry. Like theyre goin to be reject, or no one will like them. Anybody feel the same. Can anyone give advice

Why don't we hear it first before we worry about whether it will fail? Sheesh, I'm sorry, but I'd like to give it a chance before I speculate on its success or failure.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:39 PM   #15
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
I forgot to mention...along with the Tremonti and Myles fans, there's the Flip fans, and Brian's fans...