++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #46
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I don't by any means worship Stapp. I like him and Tremonti both equally and always have. It just seems like everyone's kicking Stapp while he's down. Everyone has a right to their opinions... but I think we should at least give him a chance to release an album before we poke fun at everything he does. That's my opinion. I think they need to start putting some new music on his site though... and he needs to stay away from the Top 40 radio crap. He's at his best when he's pissed and aggressive and I think if he releases music that is similar to the "My Own Prison" stuff, he'll re-establish himself as a valid rock musician.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:10 PM   #47
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN) Well, unless you personally know all those people than you have no right to call them unstable. My husband is also a member over there and from experience know it's not because he's attracted to Stapp. It's just a website where we can talk about Stapp without getting assholes like you who think we are all "crazy" or "obsessed". I don't think any of us have compared Scott to a GOD either.

We don't judge you or say shit about you so why don't you keep your opinion about people you don't even know or associate with to yourself.
My point is that everyone over there goes nuts when a new picture of Scott is posted. Explain that. Also, after the World Series everyone there was like "oh, that was the best version of GBA ever! His voice was perfect!" I just think that is going off the deep end a bit. In my opinion, and many other people's opinion, many of you place Stapp on a pedastal above everything, and treat the man as if "his shit don't stink." I never claimed anyone said he was God, but many act as if he's some type of god or idol.

You don't have to like my opinion.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:50 PM   #48
titan9
USER INFO »
I don't think they all act like that. I think it's awesome there's a fan site out there that is so dedicated to Scott and his career. I think it's alright to place him on a pedastal as a musician, but not as a person because we don't know him. I don't think he should be bashed as a person, either, because, again, we don't know him. We only know what we hear/see in the news. I only try to judge him as a musician, not as a person. I hope everyone else does the same.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #49
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: I think it's awesome there's a fan site out there that is so dedicated to Scott and his career.

Maybe it`s so fabolous because you belong to that fan site????
Just asking!!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 08:02 PM   #50
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
You know, i totally agree with everything that guy from metal edge had to say, because i, for one, no longer have any respect for the post-creed stapp. I think that hes doing the wrong thing by trying to keep himself alive with creed songs. As a musician who is very close to getting into the big music scene, i can tell you that it is disrespectful to do that. I had a band a while ago called Black September. I had songs written with them. Now that i have a new band, i wouldnt even think of using those old songs even tho they were pretty good. I just think what stapp is doing by goin out with new band members and playing creed songs at live radio interviews is wrong, and he should let it go. Think about this for a minute, what if he were to take old creed songs and put them to new music, or remix them, how would you all feel then? By doing this with a new band, thats basically what he is doing.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-14-2004, 08:08 PM   #51
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
until stapp puts out a new album, i have no respect for him...:/

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #52
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) The negativity towards stapp is NOT by his fans...as i see it...it is by people that as long as they get what they expect from someone, they are happy as clams...but let that person fall or not live up to their expectations...and we get what we have been getting...

This has nothing to do with him as a person. It has everything to do with the quality of his performances. So, if I find I am not satisfied with quality of his performances, I am spewing negativity? I don't think so. It's called critical thinking and judging...his performance, NOT his actions as a person.

Quote: negativity has it's place and that is to balance the positive...and vise versa...but this in not balancing anything...from my observations it has become pure "dislike" for another human being that a bunch of people speculate about
Well, there are quite a bunch of us who are looking at this purely as a performance issue. Again, it has nothing to do with my opinion of him as a person, since I really don't him personally, nor do you.

Quote: from my observations...second hand info can be opinionated depending on the source and their relationship with the person or information they are discussing or relaying at the time...be it in an article...or verbally from one person to the next.
Michael typed in what was in the article; I typed in part of what I found in a Q&A in a magazine that I happened to find humorous. This is a message board for members of Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp. When information, opinion or otherwise, appears in print or online, I would venture to guess that most of the people who are members here would be interested in reading it, regardless of the slant intended or unintended by the person or persons who provided the information.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #53
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Maybe it`s so fabolous because you belong to that fan site????
Just asking!!!!

Actually, I don't belong to that fan site. I've been there a few times and the layout is awesome. I love the AB fan site(s) as well(remember, I'm an equal fan of Stapp and AB) Just like I love the 12 Stones fan site I help run. Fan sites are awesome to me because anyone who takes that time to run the fan site is really passionate about the artist's music.

As far as Stapp playing Creed songs, I've said I'm against it. I wouldn't really have a problem if he only did an acoustic(with him playing) performance of WAWO, but I do not like the fact he's got a backing band playing Creed's biggest hit.(imo)

Last edited by titan9 : 12-14-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:21 PM   #54
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
thank you Dogstar and Steve for your replies to my post...my opinions are like your's... my own...and for all the years i have posted, i claim nothing more than anyone else that posts does...just giving my observations from my point of view...

apparently because of the medium we make these statements in, it seems that saying what one means, or wishes to relate to a subject remains confusing... as those that read it feel it must be applied in some manner or form other than it's intended statement.

Something i am aware of is that no matter what some people say...it will never be what some people wish to read or hear...but there is no defense to what we call "just opinions"...for that is all they are....personal views, which will vary with every person...

as for enjoying reading such informational posts...I'll agree, they are of interest to many, and i have no problem with that...what i posted was not aimed at Michael, or anyone else that posts such information...at one point i have been one of those people posting such information...altho i doubt anyone remembers or really cared.

what does become bothersome is when the negativity starts towards someone as a human being...as you say i don't know stapp anymore than anyone else that posts...but it does appear that a lot of the comments...NOT ALL...are aimed at him as a person (since most people see the person separate from the lyrics/music)..not just his recent/past performances...

i fear that the idea i was trying to illustrate was totally missed, so i will restate, as that was the crux of my post to begin with...the lyrics/music for ME (maybe no one else) are not a "separate entity" from the person that creates them....for the person that creates the lyrics/music puts the person that they are or wish to be into their writing/composition...they are creating from a personal level...not just a technical level if they really care about their "gift"...an example musically would be Beethoven...he was his music and his music was him...artistically, for me it was Salvadore Dali...and lyrically scott stapp (these examples are just to make a point...i do have interests in other artists/musicians/lyrcists)...so when one dislikes the art...they are saying they dislike the artist...that is what it says to me.

and again as i said previously...this is how I feel...not saying it has to be right for anyone else, nor am i trying to make/tell anyone else to believe it...my post was just a statement of my thoughts on the matter, nothing aimed at anyone inparticular.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:37 PM   #55
titan9
USER INFO »
Ann, I agree with the part about "for the person that creates the lyrics/music puts the person that they are or wish to be into their writing/composition". I'm a songwriter(well lyrics anyway) and when I write, I write about my feelings. I basically use it as a way to write how I feel, you know, a journal of sorts. Maybe this is the way Stapp writes and if it is, then I completely agree with you about the songwriter/musician and person being one in the same.

You're write, no matter what you post(and this goes for any forum) there will be someone who does not want to hear it and will probably bash you for saying it. Not everyone is respectful of someone else's opinion.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:48 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: my post was just a statement of my thoughts on the matter, nothing aimed at anyone inparticular.
As was mine. It's a discussion board, so we're discussing, and disagreeing. I write, too, and I put my heart and soul into it as well, but it does not mean that it will be pleasing to everyone. If someone doesn't enjoy my words, I don't look at it a personal attack. I look at it as someone who just might not happen to enjoy my version of expression. We are all different and have different tastes.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:54 PM   #57
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) As was mine. It's a discussion board, so we're discussing, and disagreeing. I write, too, and I put my heart and soul into it as well, but it does not mean that it will be pleasing to everyone. If someone doesn't enjoy my words, I don't look at it a personal attack. I look at it as someone who just might not happen to enjoy my version of expression. We are all different and have different tastes.

Yup, so I think we need to just agree to disagree. Like you said, we've all got different opinions and different tastes.

Old 12-14-2004, 11:13 PM   #58
shiver
USER INFO »
My bologna has a first name, it's H-O-M-E-R. My Bolgna has a second name it's H-O-M-E-R. Doh!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #59
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol

Old 12-15-2004, 12:54 AM   #60
XenoN
USER INFO »
I'll have to agree with what most of you are saying about the person-to-musician thing.

I've lost a lot of respect for him as a musician because, without Creed, Scott seems like a lost puppy. I can understand it's hard, but he's simply not rebounding from this thing like Mark and Flip.

I was a diehard Creed fan - the diehard Creed fan who went to high school with a bunch of people that wore their "Even Jesus Hates Creed" T-shirts with my Creed shirts on, getting looks from the people that hated Creed. I didn't care.

This kind of thing is disappointing to me. I loved Creed, and I still pop in Human Clay on a weekly basis. I'm an AB fan now, too, but there's still that 1/4 of Creed that Stapp was just washing away.

I lost a lot of respect for him when I kept hearing about all of these weird religious gestures that he made on stage and stuff, and now with this PBF site... People are putting him on a pedestal, when as a musician, he's doing nothing. It's just frustrating for me to see.

I am a fan of Creed, and I am a fan of Alter Bridge, but I'm finding it hard to be a fan of Scott Stapp right now. Let go of the past and concentrate on the present and future dude. You're being shown up.

If he wants to be regarded as a musician, the man needs to start making some damn music, because of with his dormancy, it's looking as if Creed was his only way into music. It seems as if he has no way to do this without someone leading him along the way.