++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 10:49 PM   #31
facelessman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
<!--QuoteBegin-airattack+11-24-2003 06:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (airattack @ 11-24-2003 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> No I didn't. I'm not a Creed fan. I'm a Virgos fan. The only back up singing I heard from Creed was Hestla's during the Olympics last year. [/b][/quote]
oh, well that makes sense
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-24-2003, 10:50 PM   #32
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
<!--QuoteBegin-hide+11-24-2003 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hide @ 11-24-2003 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey good to see a Virgos fan here, are the Virgos fans still pissed at Creed for "stealing" Brett Hestla?

Is Virgos still around because I have heard they are no more? [/b][/quote]
good question
Old 11-25-2003, 02:36 PM   #33
Charmin
USER INFO »
I heard they were split-their web site has been unaccessible for a long time.

Charmin
Old 11-25-2003, 04:05 PM   #34
Malevolence
USER INFO »
Right. Well. Here's the point.

The rumors must have some sort of truth to them. Often times, rumors really are just jaded peices of truth scrambled together.

First off: Hestla has no real place among Creed. Personally, the idea of Brian Marshall going against Hestla? C'mon ... let's be serious here.

Hestla would get OWNED. No matter how musically sage he might be.

Marshall owns the damn bass. Especially in Creed.

Creed isn't looking for a freakin' singer/musicially magnificent/ I-can-play-piano-with-my-toes bandmember.

They just want a badass bassist to make badass music with, who will work together with the chemistry of the group.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is Brian Marshall.

Besides, Stapp forced Marshall out because of something trivial. Really, Stapp is the one who messed things up.

I still think that somewhere, in the woodwork, Stapp is the cause of many of the band's past and current conflicts.

Who knows? Maybe he got on Tremonti's case. Without the backing/support of Tremonti, Stapp has got nothing.

Maybe Tremonti decided he picked the wrong side and finally went with Marshall. Flip's gotta go with the music-maker.

Personally, I think that Tremonti's the man of the hour. He's got all the damn musical talent. Stapp's personal ideals and egocentrisim got in the way.

Creed and Friends. Minus Stapp.

HAH! ...

Hmph. The Devil must be enjoying the change of weather.

I hear Hell was long overdue a snow day or two.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:09 PM   #35
airattack
USER INFO »
First off, Virgos broke up last in July of 2002. They never gave a reason for breaking up, but most of it stemmed from the fact that they couldn't get a new record deal. Second, I don't know who you were talking to, but I've never met a Virgos fan who saw Hestla touring with Creed as a bad thing. Most of us aren't Creed fans, but we respect Creed for adding Virgos to their tour. Third, I don't know why you need to attack Hestla Malevolence, nobody was saying anything derrogatory about Marshall. The reason Marshall was dropped from Creed was because he went on a radio show and cursed out the DJ for saying that Creed was a Pearl Jam clone and then Marshall said that Pearl Jam was nothing compared to Creed. Musically, Marshall is probably a better bassist than Hestla, but you don't have to be a punk about it. Hestla was never in Creed, he never tried to "take Marshall's spot", he took a job as touring bassist to try and help out his band and because his friends in Creed asked him too. It's too bad Wind Up records couldn't give Virgos a deal, otherwise this conversation would never be happening, and I wouldn't be annoyed by your insults Malevolence. Hestla's a nice guy, and a teriffic musician. I was just hoping someone had some info on what the deal was.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:17 AM   #36
Malevolence
USER INFO »
Quote: I don't know why you need to attack Hestla Malevolence, nobody was saying anything derrogatory about Marshall.

... frankly, I haven't said a single derogatory thing about poor Mr. Hestla.

The point I'm trying to make about Hestla is that, while we're all eternally grateful that he filled in as touring bassist ( I saw him in concert, mind you -- amusing man that he is, he still felt out of place -- and, furthermore, his singing really comes out too ... "blah" ... when he does back up chorus -- Tremonti should've smacked him with the guitar for singing during My Own Prison ), but the fact is that all consideration for Hestla as PART of Creed's music is not acceptable when we can have Marshall instead.

Quote: The reason Marshall was dropped from Creed was because he went on a radio show and cursed out the DJ for saying that Creed was a Pearl Jam clone and then Marshall said that Pearl Jam was nothing compared to Creed.

Uh. Duh.

Quote: Musically, Marshall is probably a better bassist than Hestla, but you don't have to be a punk about it. Hestla was never in Creed, he never tried to "take Marshall's spot", he took a job as touring bassist to try and help out his band and because his friends in Creed asked him too.

Yep, Marshall > Hestla. And I can be a punk about it. AND, furthermore, to stress this point --

In the arena of speculation, Brett Hestla was being considered as a possibility for Creed's bass work in their next production

... which, I think, is ok. But when you weigh that against ... Marshall? C'mon. Who wants a replacement when we can get the real McCoy?

Quote: It's too bad Wind Up records couldn't give Virgos a deal, otherwise this conversation would never be happening, and I wouldn't be annoyed by your insults Malevolence. Hestla's a nice guy, and a teriffic musician.

Actually, it's not too bad that Wind Up didn't give them a deal. The Virgos either deserved a deal, or they didn't. Wind Up has taken up several projects in the past that have potential..

If Virgos didn't get the deal, it's because they didn't deserve it. Period.

And as far as getting annoyed goes...

Your counterproductive, snide, unnecessary, and mildly aggressive comments are not only out of context, but -- what is infinitely worse -- a waste of MY time.

Tsk. For whatever reason, you're simply being unnecessarily defensive.

Bah. Get a sense of humor.

Now. Go put your nose in a corner. And count.

Before your mommy spanks you.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:14 AM   #37
airattack
USER INFO »
Jesus Christ how long did you work on that?

Oh BTW my mom's dead you son of a bitch.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:03 PM   #38
facelessman
USER INFO »
ok everyone calm down
Old 11-27-2003, 11:21 PM   #39
hide
USER INFO »
exactly calm down guys Brett Marshall is an excellent bass player, its a shame he left Creed but you only have to listen to the infamous interview about why he left/kicked out. For me Brett Hestla is the more complete package but all I really want is for Creed to give me some new music.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:36 PM   #40
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Sorry, when posts get to the personal level I have to close the thread.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Closed Thread