++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 02-11-2004, 08:27 PM   #16
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) My take on Clinton's foreign policy is that he was too much of a pussy to take on the big guys; he was afraid from what had happened to Bush Sr. following the first Gulf War, and was scared to do anything big to rid the Iraqi people of Saddam. Sure, Eastern Europe's important (especially after the fall of the Soviet Union), but Saddam's been a bad guy for quite some time.

What??????????????????? you must be kidding!

How would he release Iraqi people from Saddam? By lying and making up a war just to take attention away from your own lousy homeland policy? America's economy did fine in Clinton years. He didn't have to make up stories about chemical weapons that never existed.

Clinton's foreign policies were fine. All the peace efforts he made in Africa and Middle East were ruined by BUsh. He helped African people with Aids.

Sorry to say the thing I'm about to say, but when Clinton was the president. USA was the country that everybody loved and wanted to be like.

But with Bushie Jr., USA became the country that the rest of the world hates.

BearFan, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I so disagree with you disrespecting democrats because you're a republican. You disagree with them, fine. But I don't think that all the bashing is necessary. I bet if Democrats talked like that about you, you'd be pissed. I don't see any democrats on this board saying stuff like "John Doe is a fag sucker".

(Talked too much, I'm done now!)
Old 02-11-2004, 10:10 PM   #17
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) What??????????????????? you must be kidding!

How would he release Iraqi people from Saddam? By lying and making up a war just to take attention away from your own lousy homeland policy? America's economy did fine in Clinton years. He didn't have to make up stories about chemical weapons that never existed.

Clinton's foreign policies were fine. All the peace efforts he made in Africa and Middle East were ruined by BUsh. He helped African people with Aids.

Sorry to say the thing I'm about to say, but when Clinton was the president. USA was the country that everybody loved and wanted to be like.

But with Bushie Jr., USA became the country that the rest of the world hates.

BearFan, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I so disagree with you disrespecting democrats because you're a republican. You disagree with them, fine. But I don't think that all the bashing is necessary. I bet if Democrats talked like that about you, you'd be pissed. I don't see any democrats on this board saying stuff like "John Doe is a fag sucker".

(Talked too much, I'm done now!)
What??????????? You gotta be shittin' me!
Bush and his administration made his decisions based on intelligence both from our CIA and from other intelligence sources worldwide, if I'm not mistaken.
The economy is not linked to the president! The economy runs in freakin' cycles! We've had many recessions and booms and all since it began. And guess what: I remember when Bush was campaigning for president, one of his stances was being prepared for the coming recession (whose severity was only compounded by September 11); I don't recall anything from Gore at the time. That says to me that Bush has people in his administration that understand how the economy works.
I'm pretty sure Bush is also trying to get help for Africans infected with AIDS.
Additionally, the United States has been despised worldwide for many years. Our global popularity has plummeted since the end of World War II. It certainly is not Bush that has destroyed our reputation. If I can point to any one thing that may've harmed this the most in the past, it's probably Vietnam (before we entered). Your assessment of global opinion of Clinton vs. that of Bush is "slightly" skewed.
But I do apolgize for any party-bashing that I may have done.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:15 PM   #18
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Plus Clinton approved partial birth abortion and I personally find that quite disgusting
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-12-2004, 01:24 AM   #19
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed) Plus Clinton approved partial birth abortion and I personally find that quite disgusting
How in the hell do you have a partial abortion?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 02-12-2004, 12:21 PM   #20
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
They wait till the baby is full term and is being delivered and before it is all the way out they kill it
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-12-2004, 01:04 PM   #21
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Dang!! How could I have missed this thread??

I am a die hard republican. And everything that has been said here (except by Tremonti_Fed) has been accurate. I don't like liberals, and they don't like me, so who's bashing? Both of us are? I hate it when democrate get angry and say republicans bash them, cause they do the same freakin thing!!

But thanks for al lthat was said here, that has shead some new light on my beliefs. Even though I already knew it, seeing it all in one spot is cool.

We had every right to go in to Iraq and whatever.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
after I roll my eyes to the post above, I'll annswer Bear Fan:

done!

BearFan:
The economy is not linked to the president, but yet his policies for this areas help or not. Cutting taxes the way Bush did and raising subsidies can make you stop sneezing, but you'll still be with the flu. There are better ways to estimulate your own production and improve the strenght of your companies. Just read Milton Friedman, he was a professor from Chicago University (forgot the other name of this college right now). I think he's retired, but his stuff are just brilliant. And go in different ways from what Bush staff did. Take Chile, for example. The guy worked as a consultant for them and today Chile is one of the most stable Economies of the world.

And CIA, FBI, Intelligent Sources worldwide just worked for the president that got elected with a fraud could do his dad's job.

As far as I remember, USA popularity was pretty high before Bush started messing up with Kyoto Protocol, from where it went downhill. When 9/11 happened, the great majority felt for US and shared the pain. Against Afeghanistan, most people agreed. But the way the war against Iraq was done brought the worst feelings against US, instead of protecting your land.

If Bush hadn't take such an arrogant attitude, perhaps the story would different. I'm going to bed right now, but tomorrow I'll tell you what happened to my friends's grandpa, who lives in US, when he got to the airport in FL.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #23
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) after I roll my eyes to the post above, I'll annswer Bear Fan:

done!

BearFan:
The economy is not linked to the president, but yet his policies for this areas help or not. Cutting taxes the way Bush did and raising subsidies can make you stop sneezing, but you'll still be with the flu. There are better ways to estimulate your own production and improve the strenght of your companies. Just read Milton Friedman, he was a professor from Chicago University (forgot the other name of this college right now). I think he's retired, but his stuff are just brilliant. And go in different ways from what Bush staff did. Take Chile, for example. The guy worked as a consultant for them and today Chile is one of the most stable Economies of the world.

And CIA, FBI, Intelligent Sources worldwide just worked for the president that got elected with a fraud could do his dad's job.

As far as I remember, USA popularity was pretty high before Bush started messing up with Kyoto Protocol, from where it went downhill. When 9/11 happened, the great majority felt for US and shared the pain. Against Afeghanistan, most people agreed. But the way the war against Iraq was done brought the worst feelings against US, instead of protecting your land.

If Bush hadn't take such an arrogant attitude, perhaps the story would different. I'm going to bed right now, but tomorrow I'll tell you what happened to my friends's grandpa, who lives in US, when he got to the airport in FL.

WOW!! !!

have i ever told anyone that liberals make all their decisions by "feelings"? they say, "oh man, that man that kidnaped, raped, ad brutally murdered that girl doesn't deserve to die, because i wouldn't want to die if that was me. (I don't think that feels very good."

that is so wrong. that is the wrong was to look at it. it drives me bersurk. i hate the way liberals think and work, and try to run the country. they capture the minds of the ignorant and that is why the country is in such a mess.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:46 AM   #24
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
none of those guys were the worst...lets go with andrew johnson
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 02-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #25
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
that's cool
Old 02-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #26
Lechium
USER INFO »
At least wards wages by othepervious presidents were not for the reaons of "hey my daddy started war to get some oil there ten years ago, and now I have to continue that war! gotta have that oil, man!"

If you dont belive me, just wait till american companies (same as ones who are going to drill Alaska, and some ones that financed bush's campaign) will get exclusive contracts to drill oil in Iraq.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #27
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Take Chile, for example. The guy worked as a consultant for them and today Chile is one of the most stable Economies of the world.

If I'm not mistaken, Chile has a far less diverse economy than does the United States. Yes, if something fails, the economy is hurt worse; but on the other side, it's easier to control the fewer sectors of the economy.
Though I don't live outside the US as you do (and therefore do not have firsthand experience w/ foreign opinion of the States), I have learned in recent history classes that the United States has not been immensely popular across the globe. I'm sure our popularity rises and falls in different areas at different times. Probably in South and Central America between WWII and the 1980s w/ all the counterinsurgency (which didn't need to be worried about following the end of the Cold War and the fall of the USSR); probably in Southeast Asia in the '50s, '60s, and '70s w/ Korea and 'Nam. I can't imagine any reason as to why the US might be very unpopular today in Africa.
And the US is still protecting its land. Homeland Security, terrorist alert levels, tighter controls on the borders, everything. It was obvious countries like France and Germany (who, as members of the UN Security Council, would block any UN action) wouldn't support any war. To me, the end justifies the means. The fact of the matter is, Saddam needed to go. The Bush Administration made claims based on what they thought to be factual from evidence and intelligence from the CIA. We now know that the CIA, FBI, and other foreign intelligence organizations (wasn't it Britain who initially tipped off the CIA regarding WMD's?). I think I saw something on the news recently that said that Saddam made claims of nuclear and biological capabilities he didn't know he didn't possess: he had, essentially, been duped by his own scientists who, presumably under pressure, claimed they were working on WMDs when, in fact, they possessed none at all (only the capabilities and "factories"). It'd be somewhat interesting to see where we'd be at this point in time if we hadn't gone into Iraq. After all, our troops found quite a few terrorist training facilities, little shops making smaller bombs and munitions, and the like.

Old 02-13-2004, 05:34 PM   #28
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) At least wards wages by othepervious presidents were not for the reaons of "hey my daddy started war to get some oil there ten years ago, and now I have to continue that war! gotta have that oil, man!"

If you dont belive me, just wait till american companies (same as ones who are going to drill Alaska, and some ones that financed bush's campaign) will get exclusive contracts to drill oil in Iraq.

that freaking pisses me off!! ( )

that is the studidest and most ignorant excuse that there ever was!! oil, oil, oil!! where is that oil that "we have so evilely stolen" from the iraqis?? there is none!! we have taken none and will take none!! that was not the reason for the war!! that is just leftist lie to make ignorant people like you hate republicans!! that is the gayest thing i have ever heard!! we didn't go over there fore the oil!! why can't you people get that through your damn thick heads??
Old 02-13-2004, 07:03 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
sure, Chile is a lot smaller. I'm in Business School, so I studied this stuff... macroeconomics and microeconomics, I know what I'm saying. Chile's economics policy was right. If they kept the way they were doing, it would be another Argentina today...

So, comparing Clinton to Bush in economics, I have to say Clinton was better.

It would be UNFAIR if I didn't add that the economic growth of USA in the 90's was just the harvest of the economics policies in the early 80's. I forgot your President's name at that time... But I have an article somewhere about it.

Badass:
I agree we gotta be harsh on criminals. I'm not sure if capital punishment is right, but I do think they should get life sentences.

About UN Security Council, fuck them all... all of the countries you listed protected their own interests, never the interests of security/world/whatever. IMO, US and Britain protected the oil wells better than they protect the innocent iraqis. I'm glad Saddam is out, but I disagree the way it was done. France and Germany voted against because they had contracts with Saddam that were billions of dollars worthy.

Bush was elected through a fraud in the state his lil brother governs. That's the major fact. His goverment is full of lies. They never presented any evidence they clamed about the war. He and Donald Rumsfeld (sp?) are full of ****.

If the Republican candidate was someone else, perhaps I'd "support" him.

And the Homeland Security feels like a game so Bush can make propaganda of what he's (not) doing. I don't think US is safer now than it was on 9/11.

But making a 80+ year-old man totally undress in the airport is being pure coward. That's what happened to my friend's grandpa, when he got in US after a couple months here. He has a house in FL where he lives now, and he first moved to US a long time ago. But since he had heart surgery and stuff, the metal detector always plays sounds on him. So stupid airport cops made him undress and kept him in the bathroom completely naked for a long time until someone came to interrogate him... and they only gave his clothes back after the questioning was over...

but that's the kind of stuff you'll never read in the news, since the media is 85% pro-Bush.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:37 PM   #30
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) that freaking pisses me off!! ( )

that is the studidest and most ignorant excuse that there ever was!! oil, oil, oil!! where is that oil that "we have so evilely stolen" from the iraqis?? there is none!! we have taken none and will take none!! that was not the reason for the war!! that is just leftist lie to make ignorant people like you hate republicans!! that is the gayest thing i have ever heard!! we didn't go over there fore the oil!! why can't you people get that through your damn thick heads??
i wouldnt mind if we got some though....these gas prices are outrageous
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new