++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #106
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
you mean husker man!!

and puj is slowly making a comeback..i've seen him posting on abb.net a bit lately.

and sorry man, even though you hate him...and i hate him too...JT is a better singer than stapp.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:05 PM   #107
The Lithium
USER INFO »
[quote=Creed7352]you mean husker man!![/QUOTE
Oh yeah, sorry...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) and puj is slowly making a comeback..i've seen him posting on abb.net a bit lately.
Just talked to him over MSN... He's not in for posting at boards that much anymore. He hopes his new Submersed site-board will be very friendly, pretty small, and like a nice little family where you know everyone at a personal level. Much like Tremonti.net and A-B.net was.

[quote=Creed7352and sorry man, even though you hate him...and i hate him too...JT is a better singer than stapp.[/QUOTE]
Technically, yes... Although I still prefer Stapp's voice over Justin's, yuweeaack!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-15-2005, 02:41 PM   #108
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) yeah, but you missed all the fun with the two people who were banned yesterday! lol

(sigh)...yeah, I miss everything...that's what I get for staying gone too long...ah, who knows, maybe they'll find their way over to us and I'll just blast them there...LOL...but, yeah, the Stapp vs Myles arguments are just silly...Stapp is Little League to Myles' MLB...now Myles vs Cornell, THAT'S an argument, and I should know, I've had quite a few of them...LOL...
Old 11-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #109
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) (sigh)...yeah, I miss everything...that's what I get for staying gone too long...ah, who knows, maybe they'll find their way over to us and I'll just blast them there...LOL...but, yeah, the Stapp vs Myles arguments are just silly...Stapp is Little League to Myles' MLB...now Myles vs Cornell, THAT'S an argument, and I should know, I've had quite a few of them...LOL...

Quite true. I think RIGHT NOW Myles is a bit better technically than Chris, although when Cornell was in his prime it is quite debatable. But as much as I love Myles, he sometimes lacks a certain raw emotion that Chris seems to have down pat.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #110
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Quite true. I think RIGHT NOW Myles is a bit better technically than Chris, although when Cornell was in his prime it is quite debatable.

I agree...

Quote: But as much as I love Myles, he sometimes lacks a certain raw emotion that Chris seems to have down pat

yeah, it just depends what I'm in the mood for...I think that Myles does the old school soul emotion (like Buckley or Marvin Gaye) better than Cornell, but Cornell has that angst/rage edge on his voice that Myles doesn't...Myles has to put effort into that edge (like he does at the note on the end of FTR), but it comes naturally to Cornell...

but, yeah, BOTH of them are on my top 5 ever, along with Buckley, Plant, and Marvin Gaye...and when I'm in the mood for Cornell, it's usually Temple Of The Dog, Superunknown, or Euphoria Morning...
Old 11-19-2005, 04:37 PM   #111
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Ok, quick question -

wasn't this song supposed to be in November's Total Guitar? Well, I was at B&N last night and the November Total Guitar has someone else on the cover and nothing to do with Alter Bridge. I think it had something with U2 on it somewhere, but no AB. What gives?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #112
Creed7352
USER INFO »
no, it's the december issue, which comes out in november in the UK, which is where the magazine is from. ask B&N to call you when it comes in...it should be a couple more weeks.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #113
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) yeah, it just depends what I'm in the mood for...I think that Myles does the old school soul emotion (like Buckley or Marvin Gaye) better than Cornell, but Cornell has that angst/rage edge on his voice that Myles doesn't...Myles has to put effort into that edge (like he does at the note on the end of FTR), but it comes naturally to Cornell...
Yes, agreed!

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) but, yeah, BOTH of them are on my top 5 ever, along with Buckley, Plant, and Marvin Gaye...and when I'm in the mood for Cornell, it's usually Temple Of The Dog, Superunknown, or Euphoria Morning...
I'm only 17, so I am one of those who thinks of Chris as the Audioslave front man. I love Audioslave, they're awesome! I mean, between Audioslave, Euphoria Morning (Chris solo), Rage Against The Machine, Temple Of The Dog and Soundgarden I choose Audioslave, without a doubt!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-20-2005, 01:01 AM   #114
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yes, agreed!

I'm only 17, so I am one of those who thinks of Chris as the Audioslave front man. I love Audioslave, they're awesome! I mean, between Audioslave, Euphoria Morning (Chris solo), Rage Against The Machine, Temple Of The Dog and Soundgarden I choose Audioslave, without a doubt!

yah, it's all good, man...whatever you dig, dig it, baby...
Old 11-20-2005, 04:34 AM   #115
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hahah, word! Although I'm listening to both RATM and Chris past music career, I prefer Audioslave. But what I like with RATM is that they're so political, I love that!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-21-2005, 02:34 AM   #116
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Hahah, word! Although I'm listening to both RATM and Chris past music career, I prefer Audioslave. But what I like with RATM is that they're so political, I love that!

I agree, man...I like it all...Soundgarden, Audioslave, Cornell solo, Rage Against The Machine, I dig it all...and, yeah, RATM's political lyrics appeal to the Political Science B.A. in me...LOL...
Old 11-29-2005, 12:05 AM   #117
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I mean, seriously, that is some wicked stuff right there. Why does he try to write ballads dangit? His passion--and talent--are clearly in the heavy stuff...
ditto. i was reflecting upon this very question earlier today while rocking out to FTR, ODR, Metalingus, and TEIH on my mp3 player. sooooooo awesome

Old 11-29-2005, 12:11 AM   #118
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I mean, between Audioslave, Euphoria Morning (Chris solo), Rage Against The Machine, Temple Of The Dog and Soundgarden I choose Audioslave, without a doubt!
oof, that hurts! I'd say, at least for my own preferences, I rank these 5 as follows:
1) Soundgarden
2) Rage
3) Temple of the Dog
4) Euphoria Morning
5) Audioslave
that's not to say that I think Audioslave sucks. I think they're phenomenal. it's just that... well, to hear the things I like about 'em, I'd rather listen to Soundgarden or Rage. to be honest, tho, i haven't really listened to Out of Exile all that much. a couple of songs on their that have made it on the radio (namely, Doesn't Remind Me, tho Be Yourself and Your Time Has Come are somewhat overplayed) I've kind of gotten sick of, so I guess I just assume the rest of the album isn't that good. then I go listen to some old-school Cornell

Old 11-29-2005, 01:25 AM   #119
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Soundgarden
Euphoria Morning
Rage
TOTD
Audioslave

Really find it hard to listen to Audioslave now, sick of Morellos solos. Once you heard one you've heard them all.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 11-29-2005, 01:34 AM   #120
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I love Morello

Here's mine:
TOTD
Soundgarden
Rage
Euphoria Morning
Audiosalve
I'm with you, Muad'Dib...OOE hasn't done much for me. I like the first CD much better. Though, I do love #1 Zero and The Worm. Plus, those two are awesome live .

And in my mind, TOTD was brilliant.