++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-29-2005, 07:48 AM   #31
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
[quote=uncertaindrumer]lol, I knew what you meant Titan, I was just giving you trouble for using Bullets as ANY kind of examples for lyrics, lol!

Meh, not preachy about religion. Just preachy. And they aren't ALL. As I have said many times, Creed's singles are their worst songs by far. MOP had some preachy songs (like One), but overall I liked the album, with four or five songs I didn't like too much. Then in HC and Weathered they went commercial. I hate it when bands with potential sell that potential for success.

'Xactly

C'mon Uncertain I know my own prison was great and most people think they went commercial, but honestly I can pop in human clay and listen from begining to end and not be disappointed with the songs, they all kicked ass with wicked guitar and kick ass lyrics, however I believe that Weathered was more of a commerical album than human clay. Also name one rock band that becomes popular that doesn't go commerical...The list go on including U2 which for a period of time in the 90's went totally fag...They came back strong and dropped that who village people thing they had during the 90's. Also who cares if a album is a little commercial, some commercial songs aren't that bad unless their done by gay boy bands like backstreet, ect. Creed was by no means a boy band and had they stayed together would have probable made it to the rock hall of fame.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #32
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote:
C'mon Uncertain I know my own prison was great and most people think they went commercial, but honestly I can pop in human clay and listen from begining to end and not be disappointed with the songs, they all kicked ass with wicked guitar and kick ass lyrics, however I believe that Weathered was more of a commerical album than human clay. Also name one rock band that becomes popular that doesn't go commerical...The list go on including U2 which for a period of time in the 90's went totally fag...They came back strong and dropped that who village people thing they had during the 90's. Also who cares if a album is a little commercial, some commercial songs aren't that bad unless their done by gay boy bands like backstreet, ect. Creed was by no means a boy band and had they stayed together would have probable made it to the rock hall of fame.

First, they would not have gone to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, critics HATED them, and the only thing critics do in their spare time is vote on HoF ballots, lol

Second, you say that as long as it isn't the backstreet boys, it is alright if its commercial? I don't see the difference. Tremonti knows how to play the guitar A LOT better than he played it on HC and Weathered, he clearly dumbed itdown. The drums are the same recycled beat over and over, and Stapp... well you all know what I think of him. But regardless, they sold their albums in the same way. Catchy, insubstatial licks and a singer who was supposedly "hot".
Old 07-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, U2's music is totally different from Creed's and I don't think I'll ever like U2's music more than say Creed's music or Alter Bridge's music or 12 Stones' music. U2's just a tad bit too, for lack of a better word, "soft" for me to like them more than the bands I mentioned, being the rocker that I am. But I am a fan of U2 and I really respect what they've done over the years. Bands like U2 are rare.

As for the singles being the worst, well for the most part, they're not as good creatively as the rest of the songs. But rarely are a band's singles their best work. There's an exemption to the rule, though, imo. As I've already said, "One" and "My Own Prison" are my two favorite Creed songs and both were released as singles. I think those two songs are Creed's best work and I am sure there are others who would agree with me. So I can't completely agree with your statement, lol.

You know, I've always wondered how much Wind-Up pushed them to go commercial with their last two CDs. I just can't see Mark, Flip, Scott and Brian(when he was still apart of the band) wanting to go commercial just for the sake of making a bunch of money. Basically, I can't see them as wanting to "sell" out. I think Wind-Up pushed them to make more commercially friendly CDs.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:59 PM   #34
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Lol, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, U2's music is totally different from Creed's and I don't think I'll ever like U2's music more than say Creed's music or Alter Bridge's music or 12 Stones' music. U2's just a tad bit too, for lack of a better word, "soft" for me to like them more than the bands I mentioned, being the rocker that I am. But I am a fan of U2 and I really respect what they've done over the years. Bands like U2 are rare.

Well I guess I should ammend that. If you are a musician, eventually you will like U2 more, lol. Otherwise, yeah, prolly not.

Quote: As for the singles being the worst, well for the most part, they're not as good creatively as the rest of the songs. But rarely are a band's singles their best work. There's an exemption to the rule, though, imo. As I've already said, "One" and "My Own Prison" are my two favorite Creed songs and both were released as singles. I think those two songs are Creed's best work and I am sure there are others who would agree with me. So I can't completely agree with your statement, lol.

Well first, I mean particularly their singles from the two albums I obviously don't like... but then again my least favorite songs of MOP are... you guessed it. lol

Quote: You know, I've always wondered how much Wind-Up pushed them to go commercial with their last two CDs. I just can't see Mark, Flip, Scott and Brian(when he was still apart of the band) wanting to go commercial just for the sake of making a bunch of money. Basically, I can't see them as wanting to "sell" out. I think Wind-Up pushed them to make more commercially friendly CDs.

Oh I definitely think WU was part of the problem, although Stapp was as well. He clearly likes softer, less in-depth music. I think a major reason why Tremo left Creed was--duh--the fact that he was pushed to create super dumbed-down songs with a bunch of silly chord progressions. I don't pretend to know exactly WHY Creed went super-commercial. I don't really care why; the end result is the same.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #35
titan9
USER INFO »
First off, lol, I am kind of a musician. I've been writing song lyrics for a year now and am learning to play acoustic guitar as well. I might eventually take up another instrument, but for now, I'm focusing on acoustic and then I'll buy myself an electric and try to shred like Mark.

Secondly, I wouldn't say that Stapp likes less in depth music. You do know that he is a big fan of U2, right? He also was/is a big fan of the Doors. I haven't really listened to much Doors stuff, but I do know that U2 has some pretty in depth, creative music. It's possible that Stapp forced Tremonti to cut back on his soloing, as Stapp himself has said that he isn't a big fan of solos. But, Tremonti is his own man, so I kinda doubt he'd let Stapp tell him what to do when it comes to playing his guitar. However, he would have to listen to Wind-up, so that's why I think Wind-Up is to blame.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #36
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) First, they would not have gone to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, critics HATED them, and the only thing critics do in their spare time is vote on HoF ballots, lol

Second, you say that as long as it isn't the backstreet boys, it is alright if its commercial? I don't see the difference. Tremonti knows how to play the guitar A LOT better than he played it on HC and Weathered, he clearly dumbed itdown. The drums are the same recycled beat over and over, and Stapp... well you all know what I think of him. But regardless, they sold their albums in the same way. Catchy, insubstatial licks and a singer who was supposedly "hot".

Uncertain,
I just finished researching this out , it seems you were wrong when you say the critics hated creed, All three of their albums got good reviews by countless members of the press, unless it somehow was a review by the I hate creed fanclub.Creed won countless awards while together and these awards were voted on by the media such as grammys, vh1 , mtv music awards and countless others. I respect your opinion on creed, to me they ruled and i did not think they were sappy or gay or anything like that, Im a guy who likes rock music and they made some awsome music together, but thats done with anyway.

Do any of you guys like Eve 6 or Disturbed?
Old 07-30-2005, 02:02 PM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Heh, the I Hate Creed fanclub was pretty full. It became cool to bash them, so lots of the media sheep got on the bandwagon. Regardless, Creed brought hours of enjoyment a crapload of new friends, several of them from this board.

I don't know much from Eve 6, but Disturbed is OK. I like a few of their songs.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:08 PM   #38
titan9
USER INFO »
Completely agree with you on your statement about it becoming cool to bash Creed. Quite a few people(including one of my brothers) bashed Creed just because it seemed cool. They didn't even hear any of Creed's music, aside from the singles, and yet they said that all their songs "sounded the same". Some of the singles sound similar, but not the exact same. And the non-single stuff is largely different from the singles.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #39
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If any of them had given MOP (the album) a chance, they never would have said those things. I can see them bashing the later stuff, as even I don't listen to Weathered much anymore, but HC and MOP get regular play.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #40
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Completely agree with you on your statement about it becoming cool to bash Creed. Quite a few people(including one of my brothers) bashed Creed just because it seemed cool. They didn't even hear any of Creed's music, aside from the singles, and yet they said that all their songs "sounded the same". Some of the singles sound similar, but not the exact same. And the non-single stuff is largely different from the singles.

Nothing is becoming so "cool" than to bash Stapp... You can see here people posting threads to do it...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 07-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #41
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) If any of them had given MOP (the album) a chance, they never would have said those things. I can see them bashing the later stuff, as even I don't listen to Weathered much anymore, but HC and MOP get regular play.

Yup, exactly. MOP is still an awesome album, imo. I hadn't listened to it in a few months(really, I haven't listened to many of my older CDs lately, because I've been on a new CD buying binge, lol) when I pulled it out a couple of days ago and popped it into my CD player. I'm still blown away by that CD today, I mean, every song on there is at least good, with at least a few great songs. It's just great stuff and I wish that every Creed critic would sit down and just listen to MOP with an open mind. I can pretty much guarantee that if they go into it with an open mind, they'll have a different perspective on Creed.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Nothing is becoming so "cool" than to bash Stapp... You can see here people posting threads to do it...

I agree with that as well. Stapp is clearly hated by some(not all, though) Creed fans who have now become Alter Bridge fans. As an unbiased fan of both Stapp and Alter Bridge, it's kinda disappointing how the tides have turned. But I can see why some Stapp-bashers dislike him: they don't like him because he has an "ego"; they don't like him because he'll be playing Creed songs on tour; they don't like him because they feel that he was the one who broke up Creed; they don't like him because he has taken so long to put out a solo CD etc. Of course, like you mentioned, there are some who bash Stapp just because it has become popular. As for me, I'm going to just keep patiently waiting for the solo CD.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #42
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Uncertain,
I just finished researching this out , it seems you were wrong when you say the critics hated creed, All three of their albums got good reviews by countless members of the press, unless it somehow was a review by the I hate creed fanclub.Creed won countless awards while together and these awards were voted on by the media such as grammys, vh1 , mtv music awards and countless others. I respect your opinion on creed, to me they ruled and i did not think they were sappy or gay or anything like that, Im a guy who likes rock music and they made some awsome music together, but thats done with anyway.

Do any of you guys like Eve 6 or Disturbed?

Well I guess it depends what you mean when you say "critics". Grammy's go to complete no-tlents half the time. Boulevard of Broken Dreams, best rock song? It is not even a rock song. Rappers with no musical talent at all get awarded for it. MTV and VH1 both have so little to do with music it isn't even funny.

But whataver. I don't feel like arguing right now. I am pissed off at life and this is not helping.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #43
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yup, exactly. MOP is still an awesome album, imo. I hadn't listened to it in a few months(really, I haven't listened to many of my older CDs lately, because I've been on a new CD buying binge, lol) when I pulled it out a couple of days ago and popped it into my CD player. I'm still blown away by that CD today, I mean, every song on there is at least good, with at least a few great songs. It's just great stuff and I wish that every Creed critic would sit down and just listen to MOP with an open mind. I can pretty much guarantee that if they go into it with an open mind, they'll have a different perspective on Creed.

I agree with that as well. Stapp is clearly hated by some(not all, though) Creed fans who have now become Alter Bridge fans. As an unbiased fan of both Stapp and Alter Bridge, it's kinda disappointing how the tides have turned. But I can see why some Stapp-bashers dislike him: they don't like him because he has an "ego"; they don't like him because he'll be playing Creed songs on tour; they don't like him because they feel that he was the one who broke up Creed; they don't like him because he has taken so long to put out a solo CD etc. Of course, like you mentioned, there are some who bash Stapp just because it has become popular. As for me, I'm going to just keep patiently waiting for the solo CD.

Yeah, when I said people bashing him, i meant people that think it is cool, right now one thread was closed --cause it was clearly created to bash Stapp.

Of course I know he's giving some bad reasons to people dislike him--promises and delays, statements about the Creed's breakup...and I can understand it, but I cant understand when someone bashes Stapp or Creed or even AB just because its cool...its popular..
IT's ridiculous.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 07-30-2005, 09:13 PM   #44
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yup, exactly. MOP is still an awesome album, imo. I hadn't listened to it in a few months(really, I haven't listened to many of my older CDs lately, because I've been on a new CD buying binge, lol) when I pulled it out a couple of days ago and popped it into my CD player. I'm still blown away by that CD today, I mean, every song on there is at least good, with at least a few great songs. It's just great stuff and I wish that every Creed critic would sit down and just listen to MOP with an open mind. I can pretty much guarantee that if they go into it with an open mind, they'll have a different perspective on Creed.

Depends. From a musiccal perspective, its still modern rock, and modern rock is considered by many to... suck. I must admit I am getting farther and farther away from modern rock.

Quote: I agree with that as well. Stapp is clearly hated by some(not all, though) Creed fans who have now become Alter Bridge fans. As an unbiased fan of both Stapp and Alter Bridge, it's kinda disappointing how the tides have turned. But I can see why some Stapp-bashers dislike him: they don't like him because he has an "ego"; they don't like him because he'll be playing Creed songs on tour; they don't like him because they feel that he was the one who broke up Creed; they don't like him because he has taken so long to put out a solo CD etc. Of course, like you mentioned, there are some who bash Stapp just because it has become popular. As for me, I'm going to just keep patiently waiting for the solo CD.

Indeed, you just about described me before Mark started letting loose all the info. Now I think that Stapp has a whole crapload of problems, and that Tremo has a big mouth. I mean, I understand that people specifically ask him these questions, but he could just say that he enjoyed his time with Creed, wants to move on, and out of respect for all parties involved he doesn't want to get into it. The only thing I really don't mind him commenting on is the Creed Greatesst Hits, because that is a public release and he has all the rights in the world to tell everyone he disagreed with it.

Oh well. I'm in a pessimistic mood.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #45
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
[quote=titan9]First off, lol, I am kind of a musician. I've been writing song lyrics for a year now and am learning to play acoustic guitar as well. I might eventually take up another instrument, but for now, I'm focusing on acoustic and then I'll buy myself an electric and try to shred like Mark.

Quote: Secondly, I wouldn't say that Stapp likes less in depth music.

Well that's the impression I have gotten. I could be wrong. Although I know he likes softer music.

Quote: You do know that he is a big fan of U2, right?

Yeah.

Quote: He also was/is a big fan of the Doors.

Yeah. although, I do not really like the Doors.

Quote: I haven't really listened to much Doors stuff, but I do know that U2 has some pretty in depth, creative music. It's possible that Stapp forced Tremonti to cut back on his soloing, as Stapp himself has said that he isn't a big fan of solos.

Exactly. This is Creed, not U2. Solos should fit into this type of music, and Stapp obviously did not want them.

Quote: But, Tremonti is his own man, so I kinda doubt he'd let Stapp tell him what to do when it comes to playing his guitar.

Well Mark DID say that Scott was always complaining about the solos, and he also said that "to kick Scott out of the band would have been career suicide", so you never know.

Quote: However, he would have to listen to Wind-up, so that's why I think Wind-Up is to blame.

I wish WU would crash and burn.