++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-11-2004, 09:58 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
ATTN: all Australian music fans

To celebrate the launch of Velvet Revolver's 'Contraband', Suburban Force and Kerrang Magazine will be hosting listening parties in each state.

These listening parties will give you the opportunity to be one of the first people in Australia to hear the 'Contraband' album in full (prior to it's release on June 7th), whilst enjoying a night out at your local club, and possibly winning yourself some awesome Velvet Revolver goodies while you're at it!

Read below for the full details;

BRISBANE - Friday 14th May
Where: Depot Club
Web: http://www.depotclub.com
Doors: 9pm
Entry: $7
Other: Playing album in full at beginning of night
Address: 12 McLachlan St, The Valley QLD

PERTH - Saturday 15th May
Where: The Monkey Bar
Web: http://www.monkeybaronline.com
Other: Will be playing album in full from midnight. If you mention 'Velvet Revolver' you will get in for FREE
Address: 383 Murray Street, West End Perth WA

MELBOURNE - Thursday 27th May
Where: Goo @ The Metro
Web: http://www.metronightclub.com
Doors: open 9pm - will be playing album from 11pm sharp
Other: FREE entry upon mentioning 'Velvet Revolver' or 'Suburban Force'
Address: 20 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC
Phone: (03) 9663 4288

SYDNEY - Friday 28th May
Where: Club Blink - Kings Cross Hotel
Web: http://www.clubblink.net
Entry: $10 / Students $5
Address: cnr of William St and Darlinghurst Rd, Kings Cross NSW

ADELAIDE - Friday 28th May
Where: 'The War Room' - Enigma Bar
Web: http://www.enigmabar.com.au
Featuring: Undinism,Nihilism,Los Diablos & Guest DJs
Entry: $6
Address: 173 Hindley Street, Adelaide SA
Phone: (08) 8212 2313

I don't think there are any fellow Melbournians there but there are from Sydney I think! should be a cool time!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:08 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, here's a little primer ...this was posted by dobegrrrl over at the Jerry Depot:

Cantrell @ Velvet Revolver show:

posted by Brett at the Megadeth board, who run's into Jerry way more than he deserves to.

fuck, i just got back from Velvet Revolver's surprise show at The Roxy!! holy fuck they rocked so hard! There could not be a smaller, loud, sweaty rock n' roll venue to see such a loud, sweaty rock n' roll band, it was beyond perfect! Their first show as a warm-up to their first tour! Songs you guys would recognize: Crackerman (STP), Mr. Brownstone (GNR), Sex Type Thing (STP), It's So Easy (GNR), I Used To Love Her (GNR), Set Me Free (VR), Slither (VR). And so many amazing new songs!! Some really killer tunes in there. One of them really stood on it's own, it's called "Fall To Pieces" and it was truly epic!! If this world has any sense to it, this will be a classic hit for the ages!

Scott Weiland was ridiculously cool as always. Man, that guy was just all over it! He's one of the last true rock stars. His voice was perfect, his stage presence is just on fire (if you've never seen STP live, you don't know what you're missing!). And he was running throught the audience and shit. Slash is fuckin' back!!!! He looked awesome, exactly the same as always, had the top hat, and just wailed like no other! Every time he soloed it just resonated in me! They were REALLY together, and very very fuckin heavy. They just owned us all. The sound was huge! Especially in such a small little room with only about 150 people or so.

On top of all that, I got in free! (one of the head roadie security guys just gave us free tickets out of the blue, most likely because the girl I was with is gorgeous and it is her birthday). and they gave us all free really kick ass t-shirts. The coolest band shirt I've seen in a long time, and it has all the info of the show on the back so it's really one-of-a-kind!

Some celebrities that were right by me were Jerry Cantrell, Ron Jeremy, and Kelly Osbourne. I'm sure there were more, but I didn't notice. That's my 3rd time seeing Cantrell in person. Ron Jeremy looked even more grotesque in real life, as did Kelly Osbourne. She was standing directly next to me outside after the show. I could hear all her conversations and shit, pretty trippy. Unfortunately, I didn't pimp-slap her like I'm sure you wished I did (I was thinking about it though ). But I did talk to her a little, and she was actually really nice.

God damn what a night!! I've truly witnessed the inception of a great band (I also saw the gig where the GNR guys decided to become a band together 2 years ago, when they jammed with Steven Tyler).

I did think of Axl though, and I fuckin missed his ass on the GNR tunes (although Scott was fantastic on them).

Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm still high and full of energy
Old 05-12-2004, 09:55 AM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well, here's a little primer ...this was posted by dobegrrrl over at the Jerry Depot:

Cantrell @ Velvet Revolver show:

posted by Brett at the Megadeth board, who run's into Jerry way more than he deserves to.

fuck, i just got back from Velvet Revolver's surprise show at The Roxy!! holy fuck they rocked so hard! There could not be a smaller, loud, sweaty rock n' roll venue to see such a loud, sweaty rock n' roll band, it was beyond perfect! Their first show as a warm-up to their first tour! Songs you guys would recognize: Crackerman (STP), Mr. Brownstone (GNR), Sex Type Thing (STP), It's So Easy (GNR), I Used To Love Her (GNR), Set Me Free (VR), Slither (VR). And so many amazing new songs!! Some really killer tunes in there. One of them really stood on it's own, it's called "Fall To Pieces" and it was truly epic!! If this world has any sense to it, this will be a classic hit for the ages!

Scott Weiland was ridiculously cool as always. Man, that guy was just all over it! He's one of the last true rock stars. His voice was perfect, his stage presence is just on fire (if you've never seen STP live, you don't know what you're missing!). And he was running throught the audience and shit. Slash is fuckin' back!!!! He looked awesome, exactly the same as always, had the top hat, and just wailed like no other! Every time he soloed it just resonated in me! They were REALLY together, and very very fuckin heavy. They just owned us all. The sound was huge! Especially in such a small little room with only about 150 people or so.

On top of all that, I got in free! (one of the head roadie security guys just gave us free tickets out of the blue, most likely because the girl I was with is gorgeous and it is her birthday). and they gave us all free really kick ass t-shirts. The coolest band shirt I've seen in a long time, and it has all the info of the show on the back so it's really one-of-a-kind!

Some celebrities that were right by me were Jerry Cantrell, Ron Jeremy, and Kelly Osbourne. I'm sure there were more, but I didn't notice. That's my 3rd time seeing Cantrell in person. Ron Jeremy looked even more grotesque in real life, as did Kelly Osbourne. She was standing directly next to me outside after the show. I could hear all her conversations and shit, pretty trippy. Unfortunately, I didn't pimp-slap her like I'm sure you wished I did (I was thinking about it though ). But I did talk to her a little, and she was actually really nice.

God damn what a night!! I've truly witnessed the inception of a great band (I also saw the gig where the GNR guys decided to become a band together 2 years ago, when they jammed with Steven Tyler).

I did think of Axl though, and I fuckin missed his ass on the GNR tunes (although Scott was fantastic on them).

Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm still high and full of energy

hey your not aussie get out of this thread!

i read this review over at www.belowempty.com, this show would have been fantastic! i so need to see slash rip it up but i'll have to console myself with hearing their album earlier then most. stick around after uni and just hope i don't miss the last train!
Old 05-12-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok, so I'm not Aussie...I'm just trying to help out ....really, though, you must post a review after you hear it, even for us non-Aussies .
Old 05-13-2004, 04:41 AM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Ok, so I'm not Aussie...I'm just trying to help out ....really, though, you must post a review after you hear it, even for us non-Aussies .

are you still in this thread yank? j/k sure i'll post a review the next day, just hope i can remember them all.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You can't get rid of me...muwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! ...
Old 05-13-2004, 08:46 PM   #7
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) You can't get rid of me...muwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! ...

do you know what us aussies do to yanks? well apart from buying all your movies and tv shows? we get revenge for your soldiers taking our wives and girlfriends during WW2. we take you on cruises in the Northern Territory and throw you to the crocs! then we get steve irwin to say "crickey she's a beauty".
Old 05-13-2004, 08:55 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Lmao!