++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #3076
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Giving Back

We are off to do our first walk on the other side of things. We are usually participants but today we are going to be setting up and helping run the show.

Excited...but I sure could have slept longer. Did not want to get up this
morning. Now I have to wake up the crew of children that are scattered all over the living room. They are not going to be happy campers til I get them fed. They are the volunteer crew today. Their job is to to cheer for the people crossing over the finish line.

"Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another." Erma Bombeck

"Giving kids clothes and food is one thing but it's much more important to teach them that other people besides themselves are important, and that the best thing they can do with their lives is to use them in the service of other people." Dolores Huerta

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." Ronald Reagan

Have a Great Saturday! Looking forward to mine!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #3077
Sasa
USER INFO »

Mission Complete

We had an awesome day!

Now I am off to do a 12 hour shift, so I can't talk much or I am going to be late.
I am sleepy...and being rebellious about getting dressed...but don't want to be late...so..ummm...I have to go!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #3078
Sasa
USER INFO »

...What day is it?

Wait....I think it is Monday! I am a little bit exhausted...12 more hours..and I am off for a few days!

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #3079
Sasa
USER INFO »

IN RETROSPECT

Support systems are so important to get over life's humps and bumps, but what if we don't have that. What if we were never close to anyone...where do we fit in to that picture?

On Saturday we helped make a community walk happen. I knew God was leading me to meet with this guy in the beginning. I really didn't know why at the time but I trusted His guidance. See, The walk almost did not happen because one of the main volunteers decided to quit, but she took everything with her and will not return phone calls. So this guy was left holding the empty bag. He almost cancelled the walk. But...3 people chose to meet with him to discuss volunteering in the future. We all decided to help him out with this particular walk because he needed help. I was blessed to be chosen as one of those people.

We rallied to together and got people we know to be volunteers many were teens and college students. He said it was the best walk he has ever had, there were more than enough volunteers present to make things happen.

Do you think God had a reason for this walk coming together? Absolutely..that is the beautiful part.

This family shows up with their loved one in a wheel chair, she is suffering with dementia, right now. The thing is...her whole family showed up, maybe 10 or 15 of them...all dressed in Alzheimer's shirts. Three of the smallest children walked out front holding a banner with her name on it. One of the daughter's was very emotional and you could tell this day was a healing moment for her. The husband pushing his wife in the wheel chair was visibly depressed and distraught that his wife no longer remembered him.

They all walked a 2 mile path pushing their loved one, honoring her...We all stood at the finish line waiting for the walkers to come in. We let them run through tape like they had just won a major race. Do you know what happened when that family crossed the finish line together? He smiled...the husband finally smiled...and we were able to witness that. What a wonderful blessing. There is no greater reward. I was so happy to share that wonderful moment with my kids...they saw it too!

One of my jobs was to be an educator for people in need of help, so we have ways of hooking people up with support groups. This lady comes up talking to me and starts crying...you know what do you do? You hug them...doesn't matter who is looking...just hug em til they stop crying.

It all became very clear...why I was led to this event. He blessed me with wonderful people, new friends and He allowed me to be a blessing to them as well. That family support system I witnessed was incredible to me...males and females old and young showed up to support that sweet lady. I was blown away!

It is such a blessing to be alive!

Have an amazing Tuesday! I am going to spend much of mine resting...
Old 10-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #3080
Sasa
USER INFO »

Scrutiny

This morning I heard these words:

"Scrutiny makes time for success."

It was clear as bell...but what does it mean?

Scrutiny: : a searching study, inquiry, or inspection : examination
2.: a searching look and 3.: close watch : surveillance

Makes time: I don't feel like that is a shallow statement but more in depth...CREATIVE in meaning. Powerful...MAKES TIME.

For Success: What is success? favorable or desired outcome;

A searching study, inquiry or inspection CREATES a favorable or desired outcome.

Deu 1:21 Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.

Num 13:2 Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel: of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, every one a ruler among them.

Num 13:20 And what the land is, whether it be fat or lean, whether there be wood therein, or not. And be ye of good courage, and bring of the fruit of the land. Now the time was the time of the firstripe grapes.

Exo 3:8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; ...

Num 13:23 And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes, and they bare it between two upon a staff; and they brought of the pomegranates, and of the figs.
(One cluster of grapes was so big that it had to be carried by two men on a staff!)

http://www.sogmin.org/Newsletters/NL...on%20stick.jpg

http://www.drive-israel.com/blog/wp-.../06/grapes.jpg

Gen 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
Gen 22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Wow all that from one sentence I heard upon waking...

Have a Beautiful, Blessed ...Wednesday!

Last edited by Sasa : 10-17-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #3081
Sasa
USER INFO »

Multiplication...

Yesterday when I opened my mailbox I got a 30% off coupon from a local dept. store. Then I pulled out a 2nd one, then a 3rd one...ummm...a 4th...and finally a 5th. I laughed...and thought someone got keyboard happy with my address. They were all identical. But then I remembered ...I remembered the lesson that was given to me yesterday morning.

Trusting in a promise..is the same as walking forward with blind faith...knowing all is well...before it manifests into physical reality.

Those brave souls who searched the land to find those massive grapes, had to have faith to enter a land they knew nothing about, they were only going on GOD's Word that it was waiting for them there.

And where is God's spirit? In the sky?....how about within YOU...and outside you simultaneously....EVERYWHERE.

The other day I was really nervous...my first patient at a new place. When I pulled the covers off him...LOL..he was wearing an Alabama T-shirt and Looney Toons boxers...my first words to him was Roll Tide! He smiled...in all his pain. After that he almost drove me crazy....Ha! very needy, talked a lot...but he helped me get used to things and gave me lots of practice. I appreciate him.

All in all I came out so Blessed....multiplied blessings....I got to sleep almost all day yesterday except when time to pick up the kids. I love my bed. I love to sleep... I wonder if that can be labeled as a hobby? sleeping to enter dreamland.... I definately think its a nice one!

Have a great day!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #3082
Sasa
USER INFO »

Did he really eat fish?

You decide...

http://www.all-creatures.org/discuss...atfish-jv.html
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #3083
Sasa
USER INFO »

Last edited by Sasa : 10-20-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #3084
Sasa
USER INFO »

MindSet

"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells." Psalms 46

Have a Great Saturday!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #3085
Sasa
USER INFO »

PayDay

Last edited by Sasa : 10-22-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #3086
Sasa
USER INFO »

Enlightenment

"Enlightenment is taking responsibility for your life." I don't know who said it, but it is true.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #3087
Sasa
USER INFO »

Kiss

"Follow your bliss and the Universe will open doors where there were walls.” – Joseph Campbell

Who knows what may happen when all the limitations in mind have been released and we accept the supernatural as being reality. You can be 1000 miles apart and still visit.

Thankful..
Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #3088
Sasa
USER INFO »

New Life

This has been a great week, I am really tired and sleepy but tomorrow night I become an official night owl. I will become the the one who roams the hall at night...all night... taking care of those who truly need help. You see on days...you get all kinds of requests, some people are just lonely and want to talk. At night...most of those who don't really need anything are sleeping. The ones that are truly in pain are up...and they need help. That is my job, and I love taking care of them.

I had to say goodbye to my lead guy on days last night because I am done with day orientation. I bought him a gift card for lunch on me. He did not want to take it, but I made him, and I also made him give me a hug. Great guy and I love him, we spent 60 hours together taking care of sick people.

Today I was given a mentor who is a huge success and he is going to take me to the next level. I opened a new account in my new name and I am on my way to achieving ALL OF MY GOALS, now...not just one.

I had put all my focus on graduating and receiving my degree...it is a very demanding field and it is something I had to do for myself. Time consuming... Now I almost have all my ducks in a row and I am going to achieve my other goals that I have specifically outlined. God has blessed me.

Funny thing is that my goals were more about happiness and doing good than money, but when I followed that path...The money began to flow in...and so did the gifts and the blessings that money can't buy. Fabulous...

I have so many loving people in my life now...

You know when you are in a new field or a new job...or in a new school. At first people don't accept you and with time you blend in...well the medical field is a little different, you have to pass the test...Yesterday...I PASSED.

I have a lot of great friends who are just like me and care about the same things I do. Wonderful!!! So thankful!...and all I had to do was have the courage to be me and to follow my dream. God is SOOO GOOD! I am truly happy!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #3089
Sasa
USER INFO »

Last edited by Sasa : 10-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #3090
Sasa
USER INFO »

A First time for EVERYTHING!

Last edited by Sasa : 11-02-2012 at 07:21 AM.