++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
BW on VH1

So, who's seen the video on VH1, I know I haven't.

-Open Your Eyes
Old 07-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
I haven't seen it yet, either. It's disappointing, because VH1 played OYE a whole lot and before that, they played Creed a bunch as well. I don't think BW has received that much promotion from Wind Up, and I've only heard it on the radio a couple of times.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #3
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Broken Wings has come to be a real huge hit on the rock radiostations here in Sweden!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-02-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
If only the same could happen in the USA......

Old 08-02-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
To all those who said BW would be huge...

I told you so.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »
I blame the lack of promotion. WU didn't promote it nearly enough for it to be a hit.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Blame whatever you want, that song was doomed from the start. It doesn't get rock fans, it doesn't get pop fans, and it doesn't get most people who jsut want good musicianship. The song has two things going for it; the intro/outro, and Myles voice. Put it on the radio and all you have left is Myles voice. And it is not even his most incredible song.

Just a crappy choice. ODR would have at least let people know that AB is a ROCK group.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:13 AM   #8
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) To all those who said BW would be huge...

I told you so.
Huge in Europe. But then again, we didn't get Find The Real over here.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #9
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Lol, well I was always talking with a bunch of U.S. people who thought BW was going to be like the second comingof the Beatles or something...
Old 08-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Blame whatever you want, that song was doomed from the start. It doesn't get rock fans, it doesn't get pop fans, and it doesn't get most people who jsut want good musicianship. The song has two things going for it; the intro/outro, and Myles voice. Put it on the radio and all you have left is Myles voice. And it is not even his most incredible song.

Just a crappy choice. ODR would have at least let people know that AB is a ROCK group.
I agree. BW was/is one of my least favorite songs on the CD. It grew on me somewhat after hearing it live, but yeah, ODR would have been a much better choice.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:31 PM   #11
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Just a crappy choice. ODR would have at least let people know that AB is a ROCK group.

Well...

They promoted:

1º song :Open your eyes

2ºsong: Broken Wings

People possibly will ask: is AB really a ROCK group????
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 08-03-2005 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:46 PM   #12
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I agree. BW was/is one of my least favorite songs on the CD. It grew on me somewhat after hearing it live, but yeah, ODR would have been a much better choice.

Please god ....Please bring back creed, I can't take any more mediocre rock songs from this album on tv...The one really good song they didn't even put on the radio or tv, metalingus is their best song from ODR, windup must be on crack. Everytime I hear Broken Wings I feel like its kip winger meets creed..ughhh, the only thing worse could be monster ballads..lol. I just can't get over this neo seventies/eighties sound, One of their best damn songs they don't even promote, it makes no sense whatsoever. I really hope the next album from these guys goes back to their creed routes and mark starts swinging his axe to take away from myles kennedy's annoying nasally Chris Cornell type sound...I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but with his singing on songs like broken wings and open your eyes I just think they need to find another singer....sorry.

Also I am not ripping Myles, I think at this point he's done better than any other short term replacement, but lets be seriouse he is not the best rock singer around, neither is cornell...He definitely doesn't have Stapp's stage presence or energy and lacks the abilty to keep his voice from breaking when hitting high notes..Actually he makes Stapp on predisgnone sound like celine dione. I actually believe alot of people who hear alter bridge for the first time are turned off by Kennedy's sound, but mainly listen because they appreciate marks musical ability.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #13
titan9
USER INFO »
Oh, I agree, I would have rather seen WU release ODR, but I'm realistic. I know WU likes to release ballads by their artists, because ballads typically fair well(see WAWO) on the radio. ODR could have been a big hit on Rock radio, but WU probably wanted something that could also be played on *gag* Pop radio *gag*. It's the same thing with Metalingus. I love that song, but I know it won't be a single. If we get another single off ODR(I haven't heard if they're releasing another single from that CD or not), it's probably going to be "Down to My Last".

Old 08-03-2005, 07:55 PM   #14
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Please god ....Please bring back creed
Neeeeever gonna happen. If you don't believe me, pick up the latest GuitarOne Magazine!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Please god ....Please bring back creed, I can't take any more mediocre rock songs from this album on tv...The one really good song they didn't even put on the radio or tv, metalingus is their best song from ODR, windup must be on crack. Everytime I hear Broken Wings I feel like its kip winger meets creed..ughhh, the only thing worse could be monster ballads..lol. I just can't get over this neo seventies/eighties sound, One of their best damn songs they don't even promote, it makes no sense whatsoever. I really hope the next album from these guys goes back to their creed routes and mark starts swinging his axe to take away from myles kennedy's annoying nasally Chris Cornell type sound...I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but with his singing on songs like broken wings and open your eyes I just think they need to find another singer....sorry.

Also I am not ripping Myles, I think at this point he's done better than any other short term replacement, but lets be seriouse he is not the best rock singer around, neither is cornell...He definitely doesn't have Stapp's stage presence or energy and lacks the abilty to keep his voice from breaking when hitting high notes..Actually he makes Stapp on predisgnone sound like celine dione. I actually believe alot of people who hear alter bridge for the first time are turned off by Kennedy's sound, but mainly listen because they appreciate marks musical ability.
I have to disagree about Myles' voice being worse than Stapp's. By the time the Weathered tour was in full swing, Stapp's voice was pretty shot. I don't know which AB shows you've been to, but I've seen them five times and Myles, even when sick with a cold, sounded a whole lot better and stronger than Stapp did toward the end of the Weathered tour. If you listen to boots from early Creed to the later shows, you can hear the detereoration in his voice. Not to say that Stapp wasn't awesome in the beginning, he was.