++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-13-2005, 06:25 PM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My prediction for singles:

2nd single: Hard Way
3rd single(w/video): Surround Me(I see this doing incredibly well on radio)
4th single: Either Reach Out or Fight Song

I think it's almost guaranteed that he'll release four singles.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #17
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Even though I'd rather see Justify, I agree it will probably be Hard Way for a harder single. Of course, Suround Me will be huge. After that...who knows?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »
I think, after that, another hard song is the best choice. I think they need to establish that Stapp is not a pop artist; he is a rock artist. Thus, they should make sure that some of his harder songs are released, as well as a ballad or two. If they choose to release another ballad after Surround Me, they'd probably be best off going with a song like Sublime or You Will Soar(I love that song!). I honestly don't think that Broken fits the single mold.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #19
piecesoftrees
USER INFO »
I haven't heard much of the album (4 songs, snippets, and one half download), but I think if marketed right and if it had a great video then 'Broken' could be a huge hit.

It's kind of like 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera, only with a bit of actual soul to it. I think it could be huge.

Also 'Surround Me', but that would be 2 ballads, I can't see them doing that. If they were going to pick a ballad I believe they would choose 'Surround Me'. It's just got a great pop-song vibe to it, whereas 'Broken' has that pure emotion to it.

Not so much over here in England but in America, it seems to me you go for ernest emotional rock music, and it could go either way for a ballad.

As for a rocker...perhaps 'Fight Song', from what I've heard.

Steve.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #20
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
The

Quote: (Originally Posted by piecesoftrees) I haven't heard much of the album (4 songs, snippets, and one half download), but I think if marketed right and if it had a great video then 'Broken' could be a huge hit.

It's kind of like 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera, only with a bit of actual soul to it. I think it could be huge.

Also 'Surround Me', but that would be 2 ballads, I can't see them doing that. If they were going to pick a ballad I believe they would choose 'Surround Me'. It's just got a great pop-song vibe to it, whereas 'Broken' has that pure emotion to it.

Not so much over here in England but in America, it seems to me you go for ernest emotional rock music, and it could go either way for a ballad.

As for a rocker...perhaps 'Fight Song', from what I've heard.

Steve.

I love Broken don't compare it to anything to anything else its just so original.
It is definately grammy material and number 1 hit single material- also the uk would like it alot (just trust me on that) and maybe help Scott to build more of a fan base in other arears of the world.

I really hope the next 2 singles are definately broken (but please make this the last one please) and surround me I just love this.

Also broken could become a theme tune to some sort of charity event like live Aid or something big like that. I joined the eteam and i have repeated the sample a thousand times over lol.

I love it so much.
It has a great emotion to it the way Scott sings it it really emphasises the lyrics and the meaning, in the way he always does so well.

any way I can't wait to listen to the full album I love it so far.

Thanks Scott Stapp for an awesome album (so far) I am sure the rest will be awesome.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #21
Robin101
USER INFO »
I'm not too sure if Stapp's music would 'get over' it in the U.K. Broken....maybe.

With Arms Wide Open was available for selection on The Box when it was released and didn't catch on. If there was one Creed song that would have been popular in this country that would have been it.

I mean, look at our singles/album charts of late - Westlife No.1 again! The U.K is still predominantly Pop/RnB.

He just doesn't get enough exposure in this country because radio has to cater for 'the majority' in order to attract listeners. It's a shame.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 11-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) I love Broken don't compare it to anything to anything else its just so original.

No, it's not. It's just like any other church music around...

Don't get me wrong, I liked Broken very much, but it's so far away from "original"...
Old 11-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #23
piecesoftrees
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I'm not too sure if Stapp's music would 'get over' it in the U.K. Broken....maybe.

With Arms Wide Open was available for selection on The Box when it was released and didn't catch on. If there was one Creed song that would have been popular in this country that would have been it.

I mean, look at our singles/album charts of late - Westlife No.1 again! The U.K is still predominantly Pop/RnB.

He just doesn't get enough exposure in this country because radio has to cater for 'the majority' in order to attract listeners. It's a shame.

Take Care

I really don't think it'd catch on in the UK either. It's not 'simple' enough. It wouldn't appeal to young girls so therefore it wouldn't really.

Like you say, Westlife...we just can't win...

'My Sacrifice' was on the Kerrang! metal and rock video channel for about 6-12 months being shown on selection, and I did actually buy Weathered in WH Smith (for those who don't know, a mainstream seller or CD's, DVD's but mainly books and magazines). And over here Creed are NOT mainstream.

I think they were trying to sell Creed while Linkin Park and Papa Roach were selling loads over here. Didn't work though. In a way I'm glad. I've read many reviews saying 'Nu-metal band Creed...' in the UK, because of that.

Anyway, I believe My Sacrifice made number 17 but don't hold me to it.

Bridge Of Clay, I agree. It's not original, but it's a very good quality song with a lot of potential and I like it a lot.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:17 PM   #24
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
all this talk seems to hinder on wheather stapp becomes something that corprate radio wants to play...and from what I have seen they do not like him that much. The only way Stapp can be played on the radio is if he has a following. Another problem is radio format, some songs might do well for rock radio but who knows if rock radio wants to play stapp...Stapp I beleive can only appeal to the pop charts which is mostly a career ender for artist who want to appeal to harder rock...
Old 11-15-2005, 02:25 PM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
At least in my area, the stations seem to be quite willing to play Stapp, Creed and AB(to a certain extent). I still think Stapp is marketable, for the simple fact that he was the lead vocalist for Creed, a huge band. Pop radio is always looking for new rock songs to play to death(see Evanescence, Hoobastank, Creed, 3DD, Nickelback etc.) and Stapp's first single comes at a time when they need a new song to play over and over again. That's why I think TGD will get good airplay. Obviously, it wouldn't be on VH1's top 20 countdown(and rising up the charts) if stations weren't playing it. You're right, though, it does hinge on who will be willing to play Stapp. But I have a feeling a lot of stations will be.