++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #61
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ITTE66) Hey I just got back from seeing it....the movie is great...I didn't cry on the outside...but in the inside and it got me all angry and hateful.Its so simple to follow the Plan of Salvation but America isn't doing it.A child can understand it but an adult can't.I cna't believe the human race sometimes.Sometimes I hate being one.If anyone has AIM IM me at ITTE66.I'm on till midnight.Peace,Creed 4-ever
Well whats your face its not are human nature that god really cares about thats why he dyed so are flesh could dye as well,,i would have chatt it with ya but it looks like i missed you!! Yes chidren do understand For My jesus said If you do not enter the kingdom of heavean as a child ye shall not enter,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-29-2004, 04:45 AM   #62
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I have learned in theology classes what a cat of nine tails does to someone's flesh, but to see it so graphically done...it was devistating to know He went through that and then endured the nails. Some scenes made me very angry as well. When they were whipping Him I wanted to yell out "STOP!". And the part where the enemy did the sick parody of Mary and Jesus...that was a good interpretation of him.

I loved the flashbacks to Jesus' life. These made me cry the most actually.

How was everyone with the subtitles?

Yeh I do recomend a viewing, even if U don't believe in God. So powerful.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-29-2004, 08:42 AM   #63
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yes the flashbacks really got to me too. Especially the ones where he was a young boy and fell, and Mary helped him out. then it showed him falling with the cross and she ran to him. I TOTALLY lost it then. I found the subtitles easy, but you had to be watching all the time or you would miss something. It was a great film, makes you think. If you went out of it not affected you have ice running through your veins.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-29-2004, 08:56 AM   #64
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The actor who portrayed Jesus in the film, Jim Caveziel was on Jay Leno this past week. He said that in the filming of the scourging at the pillar, they had his hands tied around the pillar and they had some sort of a metal shield about a foot from his back, so when they whipped at him and hit the shield, he would react to it for realism. However, once the actor that was swinging the whip went over a little too far and actually hit Jim in the back. Jim said the pain was tremendous and he almost passed out, it literally took his breath away and he was almost in shock. One swing of the whip left a 14" gash in his back and he was in enormous pain.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:28 AM   #65
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah Teri I heard that too. It was some film, why paint it all rosey when it wasn't right? Like I have said before, it is intense. you can't go and leave there without reflecting, thinking, feeling or weeping. I know that people are going to pick at it, rip it apart and those are the SAME people that find fault with anything. Sometimes you just need to open you mind and feel something, regardless of your "beliefs" or practices in religion. This movie made me want to be a better person and that alone says tons.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #66
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Yeah Teri I heard that too. It was some film, why paint it all rosey when it wasn't right? Like I have said before, it is intense. you can't go and leave there without reflecting, thinking, feeling or weeping. I know that people are going to pick at it, rip it apart and those are the SAME people that find fault with anything. Sometimes you just need to open you mind and feel something, regardless of your "beliefs" or practices in religion. This movie made me want to be a better person and that alone says tons.
I agree with you 100 %. I feel the ones who come out of this film without feeling any kind of emotion at all need to take a look in the mirror and ask what is wrong with them. This film has done more for me and my family than anyone could . The film was rated "R" not for the violence, but 'R" for REALITY Check. GO SEE THIS FILM.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:08 PM   #67
JenRN
USER INFO »
Are you sure you are not my long lost brother Tracey?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-29-2004, 11:26 PM   #68
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Are you sure you are not my long lost brother Tracey?
. Hey have heard what the number one movie was ths weekend? Passion Of The Christ. It took in 117 million since it's release Wed.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:34 AM   #69
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) The actor who portrayed Jesus in the film, Jim Caveziel was on Jay Leno this past week. He said that in the filming of the scourging at the pillar, they had his hands tied around the pillar and they had some sort of a metal shield about a foot from his back, so when they whipped at him and hit the shield, he would react to it for realism. However, once the actor that was swinging the whip went over a little too far and actually hit Jim in the back. Jim said the pain was tremendous and he almost passed out, it literally took his breath away and he was almost in shock. One swing of the whip left a 14" gash in his back and he was in enormous pain.
Thanks for that. that blows my mind. And just to think that Jesus actually went through that 39 times....for real.

And the thing was that He had to! If U think of the verse in Isaiah, and by His stripes we are healed, He had to. It was part of what it took. Think about it, people could watch right, what if He watched it once Himself. That would have added to the anguish in the garden.

Here's the bible verse, written HUNDREDS of years before it happened:

But He was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped and we were healed!
Isaiah 53:5 NASB

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-01-2004, 08:11 AM   #70
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) . Hey have heard what the number one movie was ths weekend? Passion Of The Christ. It took in 117 million since it's release Wed.
Mel Gibson must be beaming! Good for him

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-01-2004, 05:14 PM   #71
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I saw the movie Saturday Afternoon, and I must say it was AMAZING the way it was portrayed. Definetly a great movie, but I would have done a few things different. I would have started it with the last supper and where Jesus tells Judas that he would deny Jesus 3 times, they use to pray with their heads covered (the movie did not show them doing that), spend time on the resurrection (an important part of the story), and I'm not sure what the point of the scene when Judas was running and those freaky little kids were chasing after him and that whole part just didn't make sense.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-02-2004, 12:08 AM   #72
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I saw the movie Saturday Afternoon, and I must say it was AMAZING the way it was portrayed. Definetly a great movie, but I would have done a few things different. I would have started it with the last supper and where Jesus tells Judas that he would deny Jesus 3 times, they use to pray with their heads covered (the movie did not show them doing that), spend time on the resurrection (an important part of the story), and I'm not sure what the point of the scene when Judas was running and those freaky little kids were chasing after him and that whole part just didn't make sense. I think he meant by the freaky little kids that not only did he betray Jesus , but Satan had accomplished what he wanted him to do enough so that the freaky little kids drove him crazy and he hung himself. that was my thoughts on it.

H-D
Old 03-02-2004, 12:09 AM   #73
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN)
I think he meant by the freaky little kids that not only did he betray Jesus , but Satan had accomplished what he wanted him to do enough so that the freaky little kids drove him crazy and he hung himself. that was my thoughts on it.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #74
JenRN
USER INFO »
That baby that "Satan" was holding REALLY freaked me out!!! With the old face and narly teeth YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-02-2004, 08:11 AM   #75
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
That was over the top. I wonder if Mel will make a movie now about Christ 2nd return to earth, maybe team up with the left behind people and get that out . I would interested in his ake on that as well.