++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
TheDaveMaybe
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Why do people hate this great band?

I don't get the hate.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #2
GrungeDude84
USER INFO »
Re: Why do people hate this great band?

Honestly, I think young people today who are aged 15-20 don't even know who Creed are. The bottom on their popularity fell out real quickly after that '02 tour when Scott was all puffed up. I remember being at home and watching on TV some sort of concert special and noticing the pillars on the concert stage and thinking that it was all beginning to look somewhat Spinal Tap. It's a shame, really, because I would have liked to hear "Who's Got My Back?" and "One Last Breath" in concert. I am just glad I had the opportunity to see Creed when I did (the only time) in December of '00 in Orlando. I feel they were really at the peak of it all then, and I was a big Virgos Merlot fan at the time so it was cool seeing Brett on stage.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

There are many reasons, some documented, some not. Scott was very polarizing. Many people cited his messianic poses and overall arrogance. Most people either loved or hated him. They could never shake the Christian rock band label, either, which the haters cited time and again. When you get as popular as they did at their peak, the haters line up.

GrungeDude, I'm sorry you didn't get to see Who's Got My Back or One Last Breath live. I have to say, Who's Got My Back was stunning live. Even though Weathered isn't my favorite Creed record, it definitely has some stellar songs on it. WGMB is right up there in my top Creed songs.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:32 AM   #4
Xterminator27
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by GrungeDude84) Honestly, I think young people today who are aged 15-20 don't even know who Creed are. The bottom on their popularity fell out real quickly after that '02 tour when Scott was all puffed up. I remember being at home and watching on TV some sort of concert special and noticing the pillars on the concert stage and thinking that it was all beginning to look somewhat Spinal Tap. It's a shame, really, because I would have liked to hear "Who's Got My Back?" and "One Last Breath" in concert. I am just glad I had the opportunity to see Creed when I did (the only time) in December of '00 in Orlando. I feel they were really at the peak of it all then, and I was a big Virgos Merlot fan at the time so it was cool seeing Brett on stage.

I too got to see Creed live during their prime. (2000s)

The only downside was that I was like 12 years old so I had to go with my parents lol.

It's kind of odd that I am now older than Tremonti was during that concert. He never stopped making great music... cant say the same for stapp though lol.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27