++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Live Earth - Best/Worst

So what'd y'all think 'bout Live Earth?

I watched most of the day and overall most bands did a really good job! However:

Best:
Foo Fighters!! They were awesome! They dedicated "Times Like These" to Al Gore and "Best Of You" to "You Know Who". Is is believed to be a political statement aimed att George Bush.

Worst:
Problably Pussy Cat Dolls, right? Eeeeeww!!

Bands I missted:
-Stone Sour - I would've killed to see Stone Sour play their song "Come What(ever) May", which Corey Taylor in his own words said is about: "George W. Bush and every other motherfucker who tries to take away our freedom from us". God I love that man!

-Goo Goo Dolls - Their new single "Before It's Too Late" fits perfectly for such an event

-Rage Against The Machine - A VERY political band. They should've been there!

-U2 - ...What the...? Why didn't U2 play...?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 07-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
McField
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to McField Send a message via Skype to McField
Re: Live Earth - Best/Worst

U2 have only 1 good song

those were like any other conserts...actually it was pointless waste of money...
Old 07-10-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
The Lithium
USER INFO »

You really don't get that we have to act now in oder to save our planet, ourselves and everything that's around us, huh?

Anyway, System Of A Down should've played as well!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 07-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Chase
USER INFO »

We do have to act now to save our planet. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see any of the Live Earth performances yet.

Since we all know how trendy it is to be anti-American and anti-Bush at the moment... they should've mixed it up a bit. Someone should've been outspoken about the rampant racism that goes on in countries like Sweden and other countries in Europe.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Hey, don' try to turn this around on us!

And it doesn't really have anything to do with global warming!

And if you don't want to be hated, don't start wars for your economies sake or refuse to sign deals to stop global warming. I know these aren't your decisions but what I'm saying is that it ain't that strange that people are anti-Americans right now, you're fucking killing us!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 07-10-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:04 AM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »

The environment does need saving. No question. I'm right there with you. However, it's not George W. Bush's fault that the planet is in environmental state that's in. If he's been in office since the Industrial Revolution, then you may have a point. However, since he hasn't... then you have to look at the overall picture. Don't sit there and applaud uneducated musicians who are mouthing off at Bush and America. The picture is much larger.

I've encountered A LOT of people who hate Bush for ill founded reasons. They don't know why they feel the way they do. If you're going to spew an opinion about issues, at least be able to back it up. And in all honesty, I don't think most people can. Why do I say that? Because I've met people from all over the world who can't give me factual reasons as to why the American people should've elected Kerry over Bush.

I'm assuming that Live Earth is for the cause of making people aware that our planet is in peril, environmentally speaking. It shouldn't be used as a platform for slandering the foreign policies of the U.S. or President Bush.

Your country, Sweden, is the cleanest place I have ever been in my life... and you guys should be damned proud of how clean you are. But you know what, my home state of California is roughly the same size of Sweden geographically... but you only have about 9 million compared to our 30 plus million. The U.S. has over 300 million. I would hope that a country as small as Sweden (in terms of population) would be a hell of a lot cleaner than America. But then I've been to your eastern neighbors like Finland, Estonia, and Latvia. They're smaller than Sweden, but WAY MORE polluted. What does that have to do with the U.S.? I've been to Russia, and it's a pretty dirty country which is nearly on the same level as the U.S. in terms of global impact. That has nothing to do with the U.S. The U.S. isn't responsible for other countries like China or Russia. So if you're going to say that we're "killing" you... look at some other nations. Then, look at American states on an individual basis. California has a lot more emissions standards than other states.

For the record, the reason why I brought up the racism problem in countries like Sweden... is because the bands at Live Earth found it necessary to go on a tangent on say that President Bush is taking "away our freedom." And you can't tell me that Sweden isn't racist. I've seen bouncers not let people into clubs and bars because of their ethnic backgroung, because they weren't white. That happens a lot and NOBODY seems to step up and stop it.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) The environment does need saving. No question. I'm right there with you. However, it's not George W. Bush's fault that the planet is in environmental state that's in. If he's been in office since the Industrial Revolution, then you may have a point. However, since he hasn't... then you have to look at the overall picture. Don't sit there and applaud uneducated musicians who are mouthing off at Bush and America. The picture is much larger.
Absolutely, it's not Bush's fault, but he sure ain't helping! Can you imagine what'd it be like if Al Gore, (who actually won, am I right?), would be president right now? The U.S. politics would have, hopefully, speaking about the war and the global warming issues, been a lot different from what Bush has done. I know Al Gore weren't that into the climate issues when he ran for president, though. I know that much!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I've encountered A LOT of people who hate Bush for ill founded reasons. They don't know why they feel the way they do. If you're going to spew an opinion about issues, at least be able to back it up. And in all honesty, I don't think most people can. Why do I say that? Because I've met people from all over the world who can't give me factual reasons as to why the American people should've elected Kerry over Bush.
Yeah, I hear ya - most people just follow the majority. Personally I can't understand the way he handles politics. "I'm a war president. I always have war on my mind" --George W. Bush. And face it, the guy doesn't seem too bright. I mean, there are things you just shouldn't say if you're the president of the worlds only supernation.

I didn't really like Kerry either, but it would've been the least of two evils. Shortly after Bush won over Kerry Bush said that he wanted to forbid abortion. And that shit scares the crap out of me. The U.S. is supposed to be a democracy which means "free choice". It's these kinda statements that makes me anti-Bush. And speaking about your democracy and political system. Don't even get me started about racism there!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I'm assuming that Live Earth is for the cause of making people aware that our planet is in peril, environmentally speaking. It shouldn't be used as a platform for slandering the foreign policies of the U.S. or President Bush.
Yeah, it is. But I guess, at an event like Live Earth, people aren't too happy about Bush, 'cause he hasn't done anything about our problem with global warming. And we need American to be in, we honestly can't do it without you guys - it's a fact! That goes for things like the U.N. as well. You're very important and you tend to use that for your own good.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Your country, Sweden, is the cleanest place I have ever been in my life... and you guys should be damned proud of how clean you are. But you know what, my home state of California is roughly the same size of Sweden geographically... but you only have about 9 million compared to our 30 plus million. The U.S. has over 300 million. I would hope that a country as small as Sweden (in terms of population) would be a hell of a lot cleaner than America. But then I've been to your eastern neighbors like Finland, Estonia, and Latvia. They're smaller than Sweden, but WAY MORE polluted. What does that have to do with the U.S.? I've been to Russia, and it's a pretty dirty country which is nearly on the same level as the U.S. in terms of global impact. That has nothing to do with the U.S. The U.S. isn't responsible for other countries like China or Russia. So if you're going to say that we're "killing" you... look at some other nations. Then, look at American states on an individual basis. California has a lot more emissions standards than other states.
Yeah, but people are still people right? Doesn't matter if you're 10 million in one town or 100. People will always be throwing trash and candy-bar rappers on the streets. Unfortunately that's the way it is.

Like I said; The U.S. is very important when it comes to politics. And quite often I get the feeling that you're attitude is; "fuck the rest of the world and if they have problem with us! The U.S. roooocks, yeeeah!!". And I think that is what annoies people. The picture is much larger than that and with the war in Iraq, for example - it's not only about you anymore. It's about all of the world! With great powers comes great responsibilities. (spider-man, yeah! )

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) For the record, the reason why I brought up the racism problem in countries like Sweden... is because the bands at Live Earth found it necessary to go on a tangent on say that President Bush is taking "away our freedom." And you can't tell me that Sweden isn't racist. I've seen bouncers not let people into clubs and bars because of their ethnic backgroung, because they weren't white. That happens a lot and NOBODY seems to step up and stop it.
Swedes are cowards! No question about it. And I ain't proud of it! In fact Sweden is becoming more and more like American everyday and I honestly don't like it. We're always the first ones to complain and always the first ones to break the rules when no one's watching. Just look at the "tvättstuga", (laundry room) for example. The biggest demonstration in Swedens history was when coffee was about to be forbidden. How sad is that?

And yes - there is A LOT of racism in Sweden and there ARE people who tries to stop it. Politicans. Mostly "Miljöpartiet", and "Vänsterpartiet", if you're familiar with them. But as the cowards we are we elect "Moderaterna" over those, because all people cares for is lower taxes!

Sweden is supposed to be the worlds most equal society in the world. And still we have a lot of racism, way too much racism. Now THAT'S fucked up! But hey - Sweden is fucked up! There's no hiding it! But I guess every country is in their own way.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 07-11-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Climate Expert Questions Gore's Global Warming Campaign
By Greg Flakus
Fort Collins, Colorado
10 July 2007

Flakus report - Download 1MB
Listen to Flakus report

This past weekend concerts took place around the world to focus attention on the problem of global warming, which former U.S. Vice President Al Gore says is the greatest single threat facing humankind today. Most of the world's scientists agree that it is a problem and that it is largely caused by human use of fossil fuels, which produce so-called greenhouse gases that trap the Earth's heat. Al Gore and scientists who wrote the United Nations report on climate change say the debate is over and the time has come to act. But some prominent climate scientists are objecting to that, claiming that the debate has yet to even begin. VOA's Greg Flakus recently spoke to one of them and filed this report from Fort Collins, Colorado.

Film poster of 'An Inconvenient Truth'
In Al Gore's movie, An Inconvenient Truth, the dangers presented by global warming are shown in graphic fashion, with photos, maps and charts. In his view, there is no time to lose in addressing global warming.

GORE: "That is what is at stake, our ability to live on planet Earth."

The poster and cover art for the movie show a huge hurricane coming out of a smoke stack. But that image and much of what Al Gore presents in the film is rejected by one of the most respected men in the field of climate studies in the United States.

William Gray, 77, the principal force behind the annual hurricane forecasts done by Colorado State University's School of Atmospheric Science, has little good to say about Gore and his movie.

William Gray
"He is making statements that I could never make. He is making assumptions that are just not true. I think there are many factual errors in his movie," he said.

Gray rejects Gore's assertion that hurricanes are becoming more frequent and more intense as a result of global warming. A number of other scientists, even some who support Gore's position in general, have also questioned some of the claims made in the movie.

But not William Gray. He does not dispute that the world is warming, but he does not see it as a crisis and he does not think emissions of CO2, methane and other gases have much to do with it.

"Yes, we have seen some global warming. I think it is primarily natural due to the global ocean circulation features," he added.

Gray says the current warming trend is part of a natural cycle and that the world may soon enter a cooling phase.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) recently reported that climate change is accelerating even faster than had previously been predicted, adding to the urgent need to take action. But Gray and other critics say these predictions are based on unreliable computer models. He says the IPCC has a political agenda and that skeptics are kept out of the discussion.

"The IPCC and all these reports, I have been over 55 years working in the field and they never have come to me one time," he said. "I have just been isolated and I know other colleagues of mine, who I respect for their knowledge. They never consulted them either. If they know how you think, they just leave you alone and go on."

IPCC scientists reject such characterization of their consensus view and defend computer modeling as a way of understanding how greenhouse gases are affecting climate.

Gray believes the cutbacks in fossil fuel use advocated by the consensus scientists would hurt the economies of the United States and other industrialized nations and, in the end, do little or nothing to stop global warming. He says all the attention focused on global warming is distracting people from the world's real problems.

"We have so many other important problems around the world that are much more critical," he explained. "For instance, poverty, AIDS, terrorism, all these problems we have in the world. To me this global warming is sort of a red herring. They have been saying it is the greatest problem facing mankind now. That is a gross exaggeration."

William Gray plans to write a book to refute Gore's and other global warming activists' arguments. He says he and other skeptics have been shunted aside and dismissed as "global warming deniers." Critics also claim the skeptics are financed by large oil companies, but William Gray says he has never taken any money from the energy industry.

While he may not have convinced some of the scientists who believe in human-induced global warming, he may yet have a chance to make his case. Some scientists from the global warming camp are now saying that debate should be allowed. As Gray and other skeptics have argued, science is advanced through constant questioning and testing of hypotheses, not by consensus.

This planet has been going through RADICAL climate changes long before our presence or the creation of the internal cumbustion engine. So the idea that we are in control and we are now going to dictate/maintain "ideal" climate conditions is comical.

-Homer Simpson

Old 07-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #9
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Well..despite all the disagreements its very cool in my opinion that at least we are talking/discussing about world climate ...taking this as an important subject ... I mean, finally people around the world seem to realize the real situation...I know its not too much...but its a start...

Here in my country we have the major part of the biggest forest of the world and we still have elements like farmers and big companies (multinationals) that exploiting woods and minerals are destroying nature, (burning and polluting) increasing the deforastation. Animals and plants are disappearing ... and of course it will contribute to the situation of global warming. Its a problem not only to Brazil but to the whole world!

Amazonia, for instance is dying day- by -day, its been devastated and these days some intelectuals/ artists published a manifesto to conscientize everybody about the sad situation of this area. Maybe it sounds naive but as i said before its a start...
http://www.amazoniaparasempre.com.br...)/PIindex.aspx

I wont blame Bush for all of this situation, btw Clinton did the same ... but just one question: should US ratify the Kyoto Protocol ??? Bush called the Kyoto Protocol a 'flawed treaty' and add that (ratyfing it) 'would result in serious harm to the economy of the United States'...so whats the alternative ???
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 07-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I didn't get to see any of the Live Earth stuff, but I appreciate the effort to get people thinking about being more green. There are so many things individuals can do to make a difference, but their laziness and desire for convenience outweigh any push for conservation and reining in the trash. I know so many people who refuse to reuse or recycle, and in many places, it's the law, but no one ever gets prosecuted. Everyone seems to have the idea that because he or she is just one person, their acts won't affect the environment. The problem is, there are millions with that same attitude, and thus, it begins with us. Sounds corny, but it's true.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #11
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I didn't get to see any of the Live Earth stuff, but I appreciate the effort to get people thinking about being more green. There are so many things individuals can do to make a difference, but their laziness and desire for convenience outweigh any push for conservation and reining in the trash. I know so many people who refuse to reuse or recycle, and in many places, it's the law, but no one ever gets prosecuted. Everyone seems to have the idea that because he or she is just one person, their acts won't affect the environment. The problem is, there are millions with that same attitude, and thus, it begins with us. Sounds corny, but it's true.

As far as over consumption goes I'd agree. Where is it all going to go as the population multiplies?

-Homer Simpson

Old 07-12-2007, 09:39 AM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

^^^Exactly, we're running out of places to put trash, and our waters get more polluted every day.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #13
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I didn't get to see any of the Live Earth stuff, but I appreciate the effort to get people thinking about being more green. There are so many things individuals can do to make a difference, but their laziness and desire for convenience outweigh any push for conservation and reining in the trash. I know so many people who refuse to reuse or recycle, and in many places, it's the law, but no one ever gets prosecuted. Everyone seems to have the idea that because he or she is just one person, their acts won't affect the environment. The problem is, there are millions with that same attitude, and thus, it begins with us. Sounds corny, but it's true.

Exactly
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 07-14-2007, 02:07 AM   #14
RMadd
USER INFO »

I say we start dumping our trash on Mars; once that is full, move on to Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, etc. Heck, Pluto isn't even a planet anymore, why not use it?

But, seriously, I question the sincerity of many of these celebrities that are
becoming carbon-neutral geeks. As I saw in an online article (presumably from a conservative pov) last week, the emissions generated by having all these shows is staggering. It seems to me it's nothing more than an excuse to make lots o' $$$$$ (or whatever currency you prefer). This global concert doesn't make me feel any more or less caring towards the environment. Any knucklehead who has to find out about this sh** from egotistical rock stars and (former?) politicians deserves to be jettisoned toward Uranus along with your creepy neighbor's glad rags.

Oh, and as I recall, Foo Fighters' most recent album (2004... In His Honor or something like that...) was dedicated to John Kerry. Now they're all gung-ho about Algore.... RMadd confused..... RMadd now time go nite-nite....

Old 07-14-2007, 06:21 AM   #15
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I say we start dumping our trash on Mars; once that is full, move on to Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, etc. Heck, Pluto isn't even a planet anymore, why not use it?
Yeah, that's a great idea! Let's not only destroy our own planet, but the whole fucking universe! Just imagine the consequences, man!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor