++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-10-2004, 09:59 PM   #76
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) Steve...
First of all....I would not say 3 yrs...maybe 10....and second economics has nothing to do with it because this band is not about THE MONEY...they are about the music...thats is why they are doing small arenas, and using mini vans...they like it this way. This band is not looking to light the world on fire the way CREED did.... They have been there and done that!!! This first album is doing very well.....and as they tour the word will spread.....Creed was a band for 2 yrs. before they were signed and it took awhile...they played at small venues and clubs..

Ummm not to burst your bubble but I heard from a very good source that they have gotten rid of the mini vans and a certain person was seen getting off of a tour bus?!?

And as far at the first album doing very well........umm you'd better look again at the stats. They are not exactly setting the world on fire.

And it's all about the music? Sorry but yeah right!
________
Free Xxx Movies
________
DAIHATSU BEE HISTORY

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:27 PM   #77
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
thanks Kari.

and just to add something about sounding like Creed or not, the 3 albums have nothing to do to each other, since they all progressed at the time. MOP, HC and Weathered are different in a lot of aspects. so why to expect that ODR would sound like it? that's bs to me.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:41 AM   #78
Trimontana
USER INFO »
It´s really soon to say something definitive about it, AB have just started with his debut album. As far as i know AB is selling their gig´s tickets like water and the venues are packed. I don´t know untill what point the sales of the album are positive. I red in a magazine their album is in the the top five Rock albums in The USA. I don´t think constantly if Creed will reunite, i just trying to enjoy AB music and wishing good luck to Scott in his solo debut. If Creed have to reunite again it will happen we like it or not. With that i´m not trying to be negative, cos i love Creed and i´ll always do it. I had the best moments in my life with their music and i still listen to their cds. From another side i´m just impacient to see again AB in concert cos i think they are amazing, and they work really hard to be on the top, and they deserve it.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:25 AM   #79
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee) Ummm not to burst your bubble but I heard from a very good source that they have gotten rid of the mini vans and a certain person was seen getting off of a tour bus?!?

And as far at the first album doing very well........umm you'd better look again at the stats. They are not exactly setting the world on fire.

And it's all about the music? Sorry but yeah right!

Bobby...I AM A GOOD SOURCE...that infomation about the mini vans was written on the 12th of September. Things do change...I am sure the tight quarters, and the long drives proved to be uncomfortable, and they chose to use a bus....SO WHAT!!! It's not like they can't afford it!!!

The album is doing just fine....as the touring continues, and the word is spread, the sells will improve.Sweetie ...their are people out there that don't even know Creed has split up!!!! I talk to people everyday that don't know this, so as far as their first album...its doing fine!!! I am sure it would be nice if they would exceed Creed with their success, but if it doesn't happen, it's no big deal!!! They have been their already!!! They are having fun, love what they are doing, and earning a living!!! The Big Money is not made by album sells....it is made by touring anyway!!! This IS A NEW BAND!!! "setting the World on fire" that has already happened....if they don't t his time so what!!! YUP!!! It's about the music!!!

Alterbridge is a very good band with great talent!!! Now...I am not gonna argue with ya'll on here....I am damn near 50, and I WILL let people know if there is wrong info in here, and if I know it is wrong I will correct it, and if I state my opinion, that is what it is...like it or not, and if I put new info in here that I know is true...if you don't like it , don't read it!!!

Have a nice day
jo
Old 10-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #80
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) This is so frickin' funny... (about being heavier)...

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.

And yet why didn't scott ask him before weathered to do longer solos?

I seriously doubt the 4th album would have been heavier because that would lose fans, and i wonder what record companies want? More fans=more money.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:08 PM   #81
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier.
Well, yeah, but they never released more than 3 albums, and now Alter Bridge is heavier!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-11-2004, 01:04 PM   #82
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) The album is doing just fine....as the touring continues, and the word is spread, the sells will improve.Sweetie ...

Sorry but I am not your Sweetie, nor your dear, honey or snookums. The name is Bobby not Sweetie.
________
DC MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
________
HOST AND DESIGN

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:50 PM   #83
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) And yet why didn't scott ask him before weathered to do longer solos?

Mark's a big boy...if he wanted to do more solo's, he could have made it known. Who knows what was discussed. Personally, for myself, I don't care for the solos all that much.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:46 PM   #84
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Whats up all,

I just read the title of this thread, not the content, so I apologize if this has already been said by somebody but I thought I could shed some light on this. Mark, Flip and Brian have stated in every interview where they were asked on this subject that there will be no Creed reunion EVER. It can not be stated any plainer than that. The band is well aware that Stapp has said the door is still open in several interviews and I can understand how this would cause confusion, however, Mark, Flip and Brian's door is completely sealed shut forever. On the bright side, remember, they went out on top and now they are all doing projects that they love very much. If you ever feel the need for Creed you all always have 3 great CD's that can be listened to always.

Michael
Old 10-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #85
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: The band is well aware that Stapp has said the door is still open in several interviews and I can understand how this would cause confusion, however, Mark, Flip and Brian's door is completely sealed shut forever.

stapps offer says a lot for him...just as "forever" says a lot about the other three...

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 10-11-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #86
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) stapps offer says a lot for him...just as "forever" says a lot about the other three...
Good lord, you just don't let up. I wish you would stop insinuating that it's wrong for Mark & Co. not to want to regroup with Scott and that the bitterness they feel is somehow inappropriate or wrong. We have no right to judge how they feel because we don't have any real idea of what happened with the breakup, only what has been said publicly. If you think Scott Stapp is blameless in this, that's pretty naive. I'm so tired of Scott being made to look like a saint here. He's not, and neither are the others.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:29 PM   #87
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
well said, Michael and Dogstar.

Just for the record, though: I still miss Creed... I mean... I miss the fact I've never seen them live and I wish Wind-Up showed some respect for the fans and released all the b-sides, finished or not.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:33 PM   #88
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Good lord, you just don't let up. I wish you would stop insinuating that it's wrong for Mark & Co. not to want to regroup with Scott and that the bitterness they feel is somehow inappropriate or wrong. We have no right to judge how they feel because we don't have any real idea of what happened with the breakup, only what has been said publicly. If you think Scott Stapp is blameless in this, that's pretty naive. I'm so tired of Scott being made to look like a saint here. He's not, and neither are the others.

please...all i said was that stapps offer says a lot about him just as what the other three said says something about them and that it was sad...that means what it said...implying nothing more...

sad...without judgement...either way...again...please, dogstar...and anyone else...do me a favor and quit reading things into what i post.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:40 PM   #89
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, why don't you express yourself in a more clear manner, then. As a lyricist, you know full well how to leave your words open to interpretation.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #90
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Whats up all,

I just read the title of this thread, not the content, so I apologize if this has already been said by somebody but I thought I could shed some light on this. Mark, Flip and Brian have stated in every interview where they were asked on this subject that there will be no Creed reunion EVER. It can not be stated any plainer than that. The band is well aware that Stapp has said the door is still open in several interviews and I can understand how this would cause confusion, however, Mark, Flip and Brian's door is completely sealed shut forever. On the bright side, remember, they went out on top and now they are all doing projects that they love very much. If you ever feel the need for Creed you all always have 3 great CD's that can be listened to always.

Michael

Hey Michael... this is johellion...jecf40....u know who I ammmmmmmmm...thank you for this ....maybe all will listen too you!!! Rock an roll...can't wait to see ya in N.O...Voodoo Fest...Last time I saw you was in N.Y. Madison Square Gardens/ Van Halen...it's been a while...hope you are there Bil and I can't wait!!!