++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #1441
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Amen And Amen

A Good Man SHOWS FAVOR AND LENDS HE WILL GUIDE HIS AFFAIRS With Discretion and wisdom And Call Unto The Angels For Back Up When The Proud And The Lofty Will Try To Rise Their Own Glory With Long Never Ending Speaches AND BEAUTIFUL Syngouges SURLEY HE SHALL NOT BE MOVED FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!! THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL BE EVERLASTING REMEMBERED, amen and amen and AMEN I SAY AMEN AND AMEN AND AMEN, HE SHALL IN NO WISE BE AFRAID OF EVIL HIS HEART IS SURLEY FIXED !!!! TRUSTING IN THE LORD THY GOD, And Will Acknowlege Of All His Ways HIS HEART IS ESTABLISHED FOREVER MORE HE SHALL NOT BE AFRAID, UNTILL HE SEE HIS DESIRE, UPON HIS ENEMIES, HE HATH DISPERSED HE HATH GIVIEN TO THE POOR AND given UNTO The POOR IN SPIRT, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURESE FORVER HIS HORN SHALL BE EXALTED WITH HONOUR THE WICKED SHALL SEE IT AND BE GRIVED HE SHALL GNASH WITH HIS TEETH AND MELT AWAY THE DESIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OF THE WICKED SHALL INDEED PERISH, Psalm 112, 1,10,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 11-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #1442
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Re: Daily Bread

November 16th

"Righteous!"

From our perspective of grace, having been liberated from law-keeping as a means of justification and righteousness, this is a very simple psalm. We can look around our world and see the anarchy and brutality when there is no principle of law undergirding the soul of a society. God's law provided so many wonderful blessings, and can still bless us today if we will let it. But the greatest blessing of the O.T. Law is Jesus, in whom all of God's promises find their fulfillment.

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

Psalm 119:18

Heaven

Old 11-17-2006, 06:22 AM   #1443
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 17th

"God's Word misused?"

The negative; More than you think actually... It has a destructive component when used by the wrong people for the wrong reasons, but that is no reason to reject it. When people take it and twist it for personal agendas it's no good to anyone. What God intends for his Word and what people do with it are two completely different things.

The positive; God does reveal Himself through His Word, and it is nearly impossible to come to a deep understanding of Him apart from the Holy Scriptures. God has magnified Himself through His Word, and enables us to know Him when we read it in a spirit of openness, with no personal agenda, and a desire for the truth.

I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Psalm 138:2

Heaven

Old 11-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #1444
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Sorry about missing Daily yesterday... I was camped out with my sons to get the new Nintendo Wii!

November 19th

"The Second Thanksgiving..."

The year was 1623. The Pilgrims had been in the New World for two and half years. The first Thanksgiving of 1621 was only a memory by this time because this summer's drought was jeopardizing everything. Not even the Indians could remember anything like it. The settlers had planted more corn than before, but without any rainfall, there would be no harvest. Daily they had prayed that God would send rain, but he hadn't answered. As the psalmist did in Psalm 141:1, they were begging God to hurry.

Finally, the settlers set aside an entire day for prayer and worship. As they went for worship, the "heavens were as clear and the drought as like to continue as it ever was," yet when they left the meeting, "the weather was overcast, the clouds gathered on all sides." For the next 14 days there were "moderate showers of rain," according to Edward Winslow, one of the Pilgrims.

The Indians watched and were amazed at how the God of the new settlers had answered their prayers, and that year, after the harvest, a second Thanksgiving was celebrated with the Indians joining in as well.

"Hurry up, Lord," we often prod, wondering why the Almighty doesn't seem to be in as much of a rush as we are. Sometimes we need to set our watches to his clock.

O Lord, I am calling to you. Please hurry! Listen when I cry to you for help! Accept my prayer as incense offered to you, and my upraised hands as an evening offering.

Psalm 141:1-2

Have a great Thanksgiving week my friends... And try to take things in stride during this wonderful holiday season!

Heaven

Old 11-20-2006, 06:15 AM   #1445
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 20th

"Background check."

Our Lord holds the complete file on each and every one of us. He knows us much better than we even know ourselves. Yet, that is nothing to be alarmed about. In His infinite love, He has forgiven us for all that we have done wrong, and he is able to help us in our deepest need.

Only someone who knows you as the Lord does could possible understand what you go through and what you need...

O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

Psalm 139:1

Heaven

Old 11-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #1446
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 21st

"A tug-of-war with God."

The rebel rejects the expectations, rules, and power of the organization or individual holding authority.

Rebellion can be good, as when we rebel against unjust or sinful societal pressure.

Rebellion is like a great tug-of-war; the authority figure holds one end of the rope while the rebel pulls on the other. The picture changes dramatically if we imagine the rebel's feet being mired in quicksand. Such is rebellion against God. God pulls on the rope, not to ruin our lives, but to lead us toward safe footing.

"My wayward children," says the Lord, "come back to me, and I will heal your wayward hearts."

Jeremiah 3:22

When I refused to confess my sin, I was weak and miserable, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and you stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the Lord." And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

Psalm 32:3-5

Create in me a new heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me.… Restore to me again the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.

Psalm 41:10,12

Heaven

Old 11-22-2006, 06:22 AM   #1447
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 22nd

"The elephant in the room."

It is bad to be in trouble. It is worse to be in trouble and on the outs with God. According to this passage, penned by King David, if we are harboring sinful attitudes in our hearts or willfully indulging in sinful activities, we should not expect God to respond to our prayers.

This is not because God doesn't love us. He does more than we realize. It's not because God doesn't want to help us. He longs to deliver us. It's simply that a holy God cannot wink at sin or look the other way. Intimacy with God requires honesty, humility, purity.

For us to attempt to approach God without first addressing the ways in which we have knowingly offended and wronged him is an exercise in futility. Sin is the "elephant in the room" that must be acknowledged and dealt with. Once we do that, we again enjoy sweet fellowship with God. Clean and forgiven, we can be sure he hears our pleas for help.

If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer.

Psalm 66:18-19

Heaven

Old 11-22-2006, 10:58 PM   #1448
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Our First Love,

Was Sin Indeed Then Came THE FIRSTLOVE, The Cornerstone, WE MUST ACKNOWLEGE FIRST LOVE FIRST On Indeed Daily Asked Our Hearts To Be Seached And Purged And Dealt With Before We Enter The Courts Of The Lord Our God, THERE IS A WRONG AND THERE IS RIGHT, For His Words Was Not The Auther Of Confusion BUT THE AUTHER Of Redemptions He Paid All Prices!!! To Give Us A Wrong And A Right, O LORD, MY GOD IN THEE DO I PUT MY TRUST SAVE ME FROM THOSE WHO TEAR AT MY SOUL AND DELIVER ME, Least He Tear My Soul Like A Lion And Rending It To Pieces WHILE THERE IS NONE TO DELIVER O LORD MY GOD IF I HAVE DONE THIS, IF THERE BE ANY INIQUITY IN MY HANDS, If I Have Rewarded Evil Unto Him That Was At Peace, with me Yea I Have Delivered Him Without Cause Is Mine Enemy, let the enemy perscute my soul and take it yea let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust SELAH ARISEEE OH LORD IN THINE ANGER, LIFT UP THYSELF B/c Of Thy Rage Of Mine Enemies And Awake For Of Mine To The Judgement That Thou Has Commanded, , Psalm 7, 1,17 As We Walk We Acknowlege We Have Sin Our Lifes, And Sometimes Judging Our Enmies We Sometimes Foucus On Our SINS And Of Course The Elphant Grave Yard !!! SIN IS DEAD, And Under His Forgiveness And Death And Blood SHALL INDEED CANT RISE NOR CAN IT LIVE, In A Soul That Begs For Mecy And Forgivness FOR THE LORD THY GOD ONLY DESPISES THAT WHICH YOU DESPISE, Our Enmies And THE DESTROYER SHALL Lead Us In Times Of Weakness Back To Sin and sin shall ask for mercy forgived is those sins BUT LIFE, NO LONGER!!!! those who beg constant mercy and have all love and understanding for even his enmies shall see his desire upon theme, Of course their is many opions ON THE TRUE JUDGE, 1 kings,18, 21 AND ELIJAH CAME UNTO ALL, THE PEOPLE AND SAID HOW LONG HALT YE BETWEEN TWO OPIONS ? IF THE LORD BE GOD FOLLOW HIM AND KNOW HIS WAYS BUT IF BAAL THEN FOLLOW HIM AND LET GOD BE GOD, And They Awnswered Him Not A Word, verse 24 AND CALL YE ON THE NAME OF YOUR GODS, And Sugar Coat HIS DEEDS AND HIS MERCY AND THEN TELL ME IF YOU SEE A MIRCALE OR AN IMPROVEMENT OR COULD THIS BE THE WRATH OF GOD, AND AGAIN I WILL CALL UPON HIM THE LORD MY GOD AGAIN AND AGAIN AND THE GOD THAT ANSWERETH BY FIRE LET HIM BE GOD The Lord Thy God Sent His Son To Protect Us And Forgive us of all our sins, which is dead let it be dead still which is filthy let him be filthy, WHICH Is Alive LET IN US THROUGH CHRIST OUR LORD LET IT LIVE,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 11-23-2006, 05:55 AM   #1449
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 23rd

"Discerning cultural trends."

C. S. Lewis was born on this day in 1898, and 40-plus years after his death it is startlingly clear that he was not only a keen apologist but also a true prophet for our postmodern age. Lewis wrote his book Miracles in 1947, before most Christians were aware of the emerging philosophy of naturalism, which says that there is a naturalistic explanation for everything in the universe.

Naturalism undercuts any objective morality, opening a door to tyranny. In The Abolition of Man, Lewis warned that naturalism turns human beings into objects to be controlled and turns values into "mere natural phenomena" that can be selected and inculcated into a passive population by powerful Conditioners. He predicted a time when those who want to remold human nature "will be armed with the powers of an omnicompetent state and an irresistible scientific technique."

Why was Lewis so uncannily prophetic?

One reason is that Lewis was a professor with a specialty in medieval literature. This gave him a mental framework shaped by the whole scope of intellectual history and Christian thought.

We Christians need to liberate ourselves from the prison of our own narrow worldview and immerse ourselves in Christian ideas "down the ages." The best way to celebrate Lewis' birthday is to be at our posts, as he liked to say, with renewed spirits and with probing and informed minds.

We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what he wants to do in your lives, and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom.

Colossians 1:9

Heaven

Old 11-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #1450
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 24th

"Embarrasing God."

Do you think God ever feels that way with his children? Imagine how he must feel when we become so earthly minded that we run through life, ignoring his voice and oblivious to his warning, grabbing things as we go (like an unruly child in a grocery store) and holding them tightly. Do you think God doesn't get embarrassed by the way his children act?

Remember... Our life is a reflection of his authority. And when we disobey, he is the One the world scoffs at.

Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live.

Titus 1:16

Heaven

Old 11-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #1451
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 25th

"Good news."

The phrase "good news" has spiritual connotations. It's the original meaning of the word gospel, which comes from the Old English godspell or good spell, meaning "a good story" or "good news." For Christians, the good "spell", the great story, the wonderful news is that Christ's death and resurrection have saved us from the bad "spell" of sin and death: Those who believe in Jesus are free and forgiven and will spend eternity with God. That's the gospel.

Telling people they're messed up and are on the losing side is not good news, no matter how you spin it. It may be true, but it's not helpful if you don't tell the important parts of the story, too: that the forces of darkness are not going to have the last word, that the rightful King has returned, that the Kingdom will be restored. Then the hearers can wrestle on their own with whether or not they'll choose the winning side, the side of the King.

Jesus traveled throughout Galilee teaching in the synagogues, preaching everywhere the Good News about the Kingdom.

Matthew 4:23

Heaven

Old 11-26-2006, 09:41 AM   #1452
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 26th

"He knows our name, our nature..."

"Usually, when someone says, "God has been speaking to me lately," some get a little suspicious. Many who say God speaks to them are far too often described as a few clowns short of a circus.

Yet as our Good Shepherd, Jesus promises that we can hear and know His voice. This does not, however, need to be some mysterious, mystical process. In fact, you may be surprised to learn that God speaks to you quite often.

You see, the Good Shepherd knows not only your name ( John 10:3 ), but your nature.

Yes, God speaks... But we do not always like what He says. Have you sensed the conviction of the Holy Spirit when you were in a relationship or a place you did not belong? At times, God's Holy Spirit whispers in the stillness of your heart, "What are you doing here?" How else can we know when God is speaking to us?

God speaks to us through His word. ( Psalm 119:105 )

God speaks to us through circumstances ( Psalm 119:67 )

God speaks to through His peace ( Colossians 3:15 )

And once we have heard God's voice, what should we do? We must follow. Jesus calls, we responds. He whispers, we move.

We follow and then we keep on listening!

My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

John 10:27

Heaven

Old 11-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #1453
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 27th

"Trying to hard?"

If we wait until we're perfect before we move out into the world to share our talents, we won't ever get too far. Even more important, we should be very thankful that our acceptance by God is not conditional on how close to being perfect we are. God knows that we have a long way to go, but He is willing to accept us anyway. Our names are written in the book of life the minute we turn our lives over to Christ, not when we become perfect.

Rejoice! The Lord loves you just as you are.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Psalm 139:16

Heaven

Old 11-28-2006, 05:59 AM   #1454
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 28th

"Walk with me through the dark times."

Our Lord goes with us into the dark times of our lives. He holds us by the hand and lets us know that we have nothing to fear. Darkness and light are the same to the Lord. He will lead us through our times of fear and bring us back into the light every time.

Walk with me through the dark times. Fill me with your courage. Teach me to walk in Your light always.

Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Psalm 139:12

Heaven

Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #1455
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 29th

"To reject Gods call is to rebel."

The word rebel conjures up images of motorcycles, black leather jackets, tattoos, and arrogant, angry attitudes. Sometimes rebellion against God does manifest itself in such dramatic forms, but rebellion can be much more subtle. A failure to worship God leads to a failure to listen to his commands. Such disrespect is rebellion against God, whether we wear black leather or suits and ties.

What subtle forms of rebellion tend to creep into your life?

Now if you will fear and worship the Lord and listen to his voice, and if you do not rebel against the Lord's commands, and if you and your king follow the Lord your God, then all will be well. But if you rebel against the Lord's commands and refuse to listen to him, then his hand will be as heavy upon you as it was upon your ancestors.

1 Samuel 12:14-15

But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust me enough to demonstrate my holiness to the people of Israel, you will not lead them into the land I am giving them!" This place was known as Meribah, because it was where the people of Israel argued with the Lord, and where he demonstrated his holiness among them.

Numbers 20:12-13

O universal strength, I know it well
It is but froth of folly to rebel
For thou art Lord and hast the keys of Hell.

C.S. Lewis

Heaven