++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 12:46 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
the you knew it would happen thread

its edgy, its controversial but creedfeed needs it! no wossie answers like "you can't compare them" or "you can't make me do it" scott or myles? simple as that! some explaintion would also be good.......
Old 04-30-2004, 01:55 PM   #2
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) its edgy, its controversial but creedfeed needs it! no wossie answers like "you can't compare them" or "you can't make me do it" scott or myles? simple as that! some explaintion would also be good.......

At this point in time...Myles. He's got a more trained voice and doesn't sound like he strains to hit notes. I think he's got a humble heart and attitude. Hearing how things are going, how happy his new bandmates are and how excited...I'm diggin it.

Is that a good explaination? LOL

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
In 1997/1998 Scott. Now, Myles.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-01-2004, 06:56 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
thanks for the replies guys!

its a little hard seeing as though i haven't heard any of Alter Bridge's stuff yet but I have really warmed to his voice and his stuff that he was written for MF4. i love the fact he is a trained singer who can hit those higher notes with such ease and he ain't bad with the guitar. sounds like the guys are really exited and getting on very well.

still can't wait to hear scott's stuff later on this year! myles is humbler and is a better singer but i'm curious to see the quality of lyrics and their direction without scott there. i'm sure mark and in subsequent albums myles will be just fine in that area.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:34 PM   #5
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Most have not heard Alter Bridge's music..And since they are supposed to be a completely NEW incarnation...suggesting such a compairison is moot...Myles is who he is with "Alter Bridge"...just as Stapp was with Creed...in time people will see changes in Myles as well as the other members of Alter Bridge, just as they did with Creed...right now everyone is enamoured with this new "Love Affair" and they are lost in the moment...for me, it's just another New Band to check out and decide if i will or won't like them once i hear them.

on the other hand...i prefer Stapps voice, his tonal qualities and demeanor..this is what i find appealing and musically satisfying...Myles is a good singer but his type of singing has never particularly drawn me into the music..Stapp did...
Old 05-01-2004, 10:17 PM   #6
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Most have not heard Alter Bridge's music..And since they are supposed to be a completely NEW incarnation...suggesting such a compairison is moot...Myles is who he is with "Alter Bridge"...just as Stapp was with Creed...in time people will see changes in Myles as well as the other members of Alter Bridge, just as they did with Creed...right now everyone is enamoured with this new "Love Affair" and they are lost in the moment...for me, it's just another New Band to check out and decide if i will or won't like them once i hear them.

on the other hand...i prefer Stapps voice, his tonal qualities and demeanor..this is what i find appealing and musically satisfying...Myles is a good singer but his type of singing has never particularly drawn me into the music..Stapp did...

I'd like to see Scott Stapp sing the song "Summergirl" without his voice cracking.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:49 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
heres would i would like

i would love to hear an entire tribute album of morrisons by stapp because he just so damn good at covering jims songs hey it would be real...and jim would be happy
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-01-2004, 11:08 PM   #8
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I'd like to see Scott Stapp sing the song "Summergirl" without his voice cracking.

The last two major tours Creed did, Stapp could barely hit the notes on Don't Stop Dancing (and several other songs I might add). His throat issues over the years really damaged his voice.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-01-2004, 11:44 PM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) The last two major tours Creed did, Stapp could barely hit the notes on Don't Stop Dancing (and several other songs I might add). His throat issues over the years really damaged his voice.

some health issues and probably not looking after himself did lead to his voice not being the same, but after a couple of years break i'm expecting his voice to be back to around the 98 levels in his solo album and subsequent tour. the summergirl comparison is a tedious one at best, one would easily reply and say i'ld like to see myles sing torn without putting in a lot of effort. or the stand here with meeeeeeee part in that SHWM at the lower end of the spectrum. myles does have far more range i agree but that example is not the best one. actually myles probably shows his range better in the first 30 seconds or so of "Inner City Blues" by Marvin Gaye.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:56 PM   #10
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) some health issues and probably not looking after himself did lead to his voice not being the same, but after a couple of years break i'm expecting his voice to be back to around the 98 levels in his solo album and subsequent tour. the summergirl comparison is a tedious one at best, one would easily reply and say i'ld like to see myles sing torn without putting in a lot of effort. or the stand here with meeeeeeee part in that SHWM at the lower end of the spectrum. myles does have far more range i agree but that example is not the best one. actually myles probably shows his range better in the first 30 seconds or so of "Inner City Blues" by Marvin Gaye.

My point was: Myles can go from high to low. Scott Stapp really can only go low (he has almost no range at all) and when he goes high, he sounds like a little girl. Falsetto, anyone?
Old 05-02-2004, 12:12 AM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Not Me i dont find it funny at all
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-02-2004, 12:16 AM   #12
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
You asked, I'm giving my opinion. Creed without Scott Stapp is like KISS without Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. I'm interested in hearing this new band, but I'm not excited about it all. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to see their last show together in Philly. Hopefully it won't be....
Old 05-02-2004, 12:24 AM   #13
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) My point was: Myles can go from high to low. Scott Stapp really can only go low (he has almost no range at all) and when he goes high, he sounds like a little girl. Falsetto, anyone?

how many baritones do have range at the upper end? there is one live version of my sacrifice (from a radio show) where he is singing it at a fairly high level and he never goes into falsetto. i agree his range is not at in the same league but to say he has basically no range is a little unfair. a few songs from weathered come to mind namely WGMB, MS, and Lullaby.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:25 AM   #14
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) You asked, I'm giving my opinion. Creed without Scott Stapp is like KISS without Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. I'm interested in hearing this new band, but I'm not excited about it all. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to see their last show together in Philly. Hopefully it won't be....

Actually, it's Creed without the pissing and moaning. With Alter Bridge there is: more talent singing-wise, no bashing from critics and music-listeners, no selling-out, Brian Marshall, more guitar solos, more Mark Tremonti song-writing, and no more drunk performances.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:27 AM   #15
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) how many baritones do have range at the upper end? there is one live version of my sacrifice (from a radio show) where he is singing it at a fairly high level and he never goes into falsetto. i agree his range is not at in the same league but to say he has basically no range is a little unfair. a few songs from weathered come to mind namely WGMB, MS, and Lullaby.

I honestly am no fan of Eddie Vedder's under-bite, unless it's from EDDIE VEDDER.