++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: scott pic

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) i have a vague memory of a pic where scott was wearing a winters hat and had a guitar draped around him... don't know if that pic actually exists tho, my mind could be playing tricks on me... i think he's wearing a leather jacket too...

Yeah, that pic exists. I believe I saw it recently on one of the sections of PBF...maybe media section or something.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 03-10-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #17
Bullets
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) i have a vague memory of a pic where scott was wearing a winters hat and had a guitar draped around him... don't know if that pic actually exists tho, my mind could be playing tricks on me... i think he's wearing a leather jacket too...

he was probably just strumming a few power chords while tremonti delivered a solo though... that wouldn't take a tremendous amout of skill to pull off.

but then again the thing might not even exist... i'll have a look for it.

yeah thats a shot from SHWM in the Winter Olympics...all he did was strum while Tremonti soloed, then he just went back to singing.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #18
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) I am all for Scott stapp and realy look forward to seeing him in the uk and I prefer his stuff to alter bridge and want creed back but. Isn't that prs tremonti the guitarist is using?

That is a PRS guitar, but it's not one of the Tremonti signature ones. and if you didn't know they also use Taylor acoustics
Old 03-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #19
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, that pic exists. I believe I saw it recently on one of the sections of PBF...maybe media section or something.

that's good, at least i now know i'm not crazy
Old 03-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #20
Rune
USER INFO »

It's a prs standard he's using i'm pretty sure.

Definately no singlecut guitars in there, especially not a tremonti
Old 03-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #21
ABYanks
USER INFO »

bring ear plugs to what?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #22
The Lithium
USER INFO »

To answer the first post: Firs of all. Why is he playing guitar when he have 2 guitarists in his band? And yes, he can play some. A little. Mark tried to teach him, but said he just didn't learn...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 03-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #23
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) To answer the first post: Firs of all. Why is he playing guitar when he have 2 guitarists in his band? And yes, he can play some. A little. Mark tried to teach him, but said he just didn't learn...
to show off. i dont know. an plus weve already learned its not him.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #24
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) Just one criticism.

I am all for Scott stapp and realy look forward to seeing him in the uk and I prefer his stuff to alter bridge and want creed back but. Isn't that prs tremonti the guitarist is using?

yeah it's a great guitar but it's marks the only other person who should use it is Myles because then it's the alter bridge guitar.

who agrees with me / or disagree's but I suppose because stapp is doing creed songs (which I don't object to at all) you would need it for that sound.

I realy hope stapp comes to the uk and does creed songs aswell becuase I never got a chance to see creed live and this is the closest thing I have and I also love stapp's new music.

My guess is that anyone who can afford to buy a PRS tremonti, has the legal right to play one. The Alter Bridge Guitar.....hehe. Didn't Temonti do an entire tour where he was pimping that guitar? I do believe he did. I wonder if he gets a cut of the profits for everyone sold?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #25
creedlvr
USER INFO »

I'm not a "guitar person" at all and know absolutely nothing about them, so exuse me if this is a stupid question ....

but is PRS tremonti a type of guitar. That is what I am assuming ... but the "tremonti" part is tripping me up. Or is it literally "his" guitar?

Sorry for the dumb question. Just curious.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #26
ABYanks
USER INFO »

its like the model, PRS is the brand Paul Reed Smith

Oh just an extra thing I saw one of tremontis in the Hard Rock in Grand Cayman, theres alot of creed stuff there, mostly from the weathered "era".
Old 03-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #27
Agent D
USER INFO »

Just for the record, Stapp can play a little guitar. He used one during Stand Here With Me in Hershey Stadium on the Weathered Tour.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) but is PRS tremonti a type of guitar. That is what I am assuming ... but the "tremonti" part is tripping me up. Or is it literally "his" guitar?

Sorry for the dumb question. Just curious.

PRS(Paul Reed Smith) is a guitar brand. They make Electric guitars of various types. PRS also makes artist signature model guitars(Carlos Santana, Mark Tremonti, that dude from Good Charlotte, just to name a few) that are made according to the artist's(in this case, Mark Tremonti) specifications. So, in this case, a PRS guitar is made just the way Mark wants it. He probably specified to them exactly what he wanted as far as design is concerned, and probably wood-type and other things as well. So, basically, a PRS Tremonti is a guitar that was made just how Mark wanted it to be made. PRS Tremontis were sold in guitar shops and online until 2004 when Gibson(another guitar brand) sued PRS because Gibson claimed the PRS Tremonti was too similiar to the Gibson Les Paul. PRS lost the initial case but eventually got a ruling in their favor. They can make PRS Tremontis again, but haven't yet. So the only way to get a PRS Tremonti is to buy it online. In Tremo's case, he gets his guitars custom made from PRS.

In a nutshell, the PRS Tremontis are made to Tremonti's specifications, but sold to the general public. They're guitars based off him, but anyone can buy these guitars. So, it wouldn't be illegal for Goneblind's guitarists to play PRS Tremontis, just as it wouldn't be illegal for Tremonti to play a PRS Santana.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!