++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"AB vs. Stapp" bickering (this needs to be addressed)

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow): "Unfortunately others feel the need to bash Scott. Scott's voice has sold more then 30 million records. That should say something. I used to let it bother me that people were so against him. For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him. I'll support him in whatever he does." End Quote

This is my reply to a thread under Creed Talk titled "This is Pissing Me Off..." about someone who thinks Stapp is being criticized too much and the guys in AB not enough. I need to share this because it needs to be said and applies to both forums...

Scott's voice did NOT sell 30 million albums. Creed did. By making that comment, you are in turn claiming that Scott Stapp was Creed. That is unfair. I like his voice, but he is not Creed. He is 1/4 of Creed, no more. It's safe to say he has some ego issues. That is why people feel the need to bash him. While I thought his voice was great in a unique way, celebrities being egomaniacal asses pisses me off. I hope Stapp does well and support him as long as he is not an egomaniac, but it appears he is (or was) that way.

The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that. People (like myself) partially dislike Stapp because we are sick of giant personalities in rock music. Enough is enough. The day I hear about lots of instantances of Myles Kennedy giving bad performances, not going to soundchecks, and not talking to his bandmates, being overly concerned with real estate deals, I will lose respect for Myles, too. But, I doubt that is going to happen, as their have been no indications of anyone in AB acting like that.

ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE! And, Stapp, you have a great voice (not as good as Myles), but it's not about you. It's about your friends/bandmates, and the fans. Good luck and I wish only well for you...

TornDaredevil
Old 10-06-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
1. how this is thread going to stop the bickering? this thread will only add more fuel to the fire.
2.why didn't you respond to shadow in THAT thread?
3.i think personalties in music is a good thing but not when it threatens to override the music and it causes disharmony within the band. when 3/4 of a band split from the singer it is clear to me that the singer was almost entirely for blame for the break-up.
4.i don't see a problem investing in real estate but behind the stapp oh i meant behind the music: creed and the chicago disaster particulary were not good.
5.i think he has a lot of talent particulary in his lyrics. his lyrics really connect to me at least and his voice for those doors covers for example were really good. if he gets sick of the solo thing maybe he could ask robbie krieger if he is sick of ian astbuy yet.
6. give me an A....give me a B....what do you spell? AAAABBBBBBB
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 10-06-2004, 07:37 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Closing this thread. This amounts to spamming. Hellboy, you made your point in the other thread and there's no need to further fuel the fire. Keep it where it is. Thanks.
Closed Thread