++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #1
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What is the real deal about Brain Marshall?

What is the REAL story on why Brian Marshall is no longer with the band? I don't think I have the whole story? Was there a dissagreement or something? Please someone inform me!~ thanks~

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-03-2003, 03:45 PM   #2
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
money...

Tremonti and Stapp royallties were bigger, since they´re the ones who write the songs... Marshall wanted an equal share for everybody...
Old 02-03-2003, 03:49 PM   #3
JenRN
USER INFO »
Really? Hugh that sucks!!!! What about Flip? Hey the band could not survive without him! Flip needs all the credit he can get! :P

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #4
Tremontichik006
USER INFO »
i agree with u jenRN flip is a major part of the band... i think they should split the money equally but then again, mark and scott do write all the songs...
Sometimes I feel like giving up yeah
I said sometimes I feel like giving up
Old 02-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I dunno... I think Flip has no problem with it, he´s there for the music not the money...

Coz on weathered, the guys created Tremonti / Stapp Music ... to take care of their songwriting...

There are rumors Brian left coz he was on drugs too... As I said, those are hoaxes. We can´t know if they´re true...
Old 02-03-2003, 04:06 PM   #6
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Brian Marshall has a nipple ring
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
I have mixed feelings about this money thing! I feel that the band is made up of 4 people the band should split the money equally, the could not have gotten big without each other. Then on the other hand I fell that if someone does most of the work and writing it should be a little more for those individuals. I don't know, it is a tough area.... money that is! I feel at work that nurses should get more money than others in the healthcare field, we do all the work, BUT....... it just is something you have to "deal with" don't like it to much but I deal with it, don't have a choice! It is a shame that had to happen with Brain, he was a great bassist!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #8
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Didn't he make some sort of comment about Pearl Jam also, or something that Scott felt represented them wrongly. I think he said something derogitory about Eddie Vedder and then Scott felt that that was not the way he wanted people to think of the band (making rude comments) and I thought there was a disagreement over it and he left the band. I am not sure.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:23 PM   #9
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Didn't he make some sort of comment about Pearl Jam also, or something that Scott felt represented them wrongly. I think he said something derogitory about Eddie Vedder and then Scott felt that that was not the way he wanted people to think of the band (making rude comments) and I thought there was a disagreement over it and he left the band. I am not sure.

That's what I've heard too but sometimes it's hard to know what to believe unless you hear it from the horse's mouth.

I'm with you on the money matters, Jen. It can be a hard issue to deal with.

Relearn Love
Old 02-03-2003, 07:52 PM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I know it is hard to tell unless you hear it from that person.

I know money issues can make things tough, I think that they probably all get paid equally, I would think. I mean, as close as they are, I am not sure anyone is getting the shaft. Scott singing and writing, Mark playing and writing and then Flip busting his ass out there non-stop on the drums. I honestly think it's probably equal pay, he works so hard out there playing the drums, I am sure he is the most worn out when the night is over.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:52 PM   #11
faceless kiwi
USER INFO »
I think it was probably a combination of things.
But Brians comments about pearl jam, saying in an interview that stapp is a far superior songwriter or singer or whatever than eddie probably was the last straw. Seeing stapp had to apoligize on creeds official website.

And as we gathered in the ashes
Said "fire em up boys and let 'em go"
They're making music for the masses
Sliced up real thin for the radio.

Now all that you took for granted
Has been replaced. Replaced by an actor. And now that you're left with nothing but more of the same.
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
You all sound the same, With nothing to say. We say your an actor!."

PACIFIER- NOTHING
Old 02-03-2003, 07:55 PM   #12
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Ok, so Brian Marshall is doing a phone in interview with the morning crew at The End radio in Seattle. They talk about the Pearl Jam comparison, to which Brian replies "Eddie Vedder wishes he could write like Stapp".

That was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. There was a lot of things going on, here's what Mark Tremonti said to the same guys a few months later:

Quote: Mark Tremonti said this about Robocop:
he didn't really care about what he said too much, and that really bothered me personally

in response to
why couldn't he just be defending his band? I mean the guy loves his band, he thinks it's a great if he thinks its better than pearl jam so what?

Quote: Mark Tremonti said this about Robocop:
Yeah, but even if you think your better than, you know, Metallica or anybody, you should keep your mouth shut, and keep it to yourself because that would offend a lot of people. It's just something you shouldn't say, but like you said, that wasn't the reason he got kicked out of the band, it was just a chemistry thing, we just were all different people and we grew into different people throughout the process of learning how to be in a rock band for a career and people change.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:15 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thanks guys! I appreciate the info.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:19 PM   #14
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott

about the whole Vedder thing....the DJ that was interviewing was totally edgin him on...i heard that interview......i was so pissed at that dj...there's no way brian would have said those things unless the DJ hadn't provoked him.....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-03-2003, 09:31 PM   #15
JenRN
USER INFO »
It is a real shame is all I have to say! Thanks for the info guys!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"