++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: what is the best code of football?
football (soccer) 4 33.33%
american football 4 33.33%
rugby (union or league) 3 25.00%
australian rules 1 8.33%
gaelic football 0 0%
other-please name 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #16
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
American football, at least for WATCHING purposes. I really cannot think of anything more boring, anything I'd LESS want to do,than watch soccer. They run this way, that way, every way, and no one ever scores.

Fun.

In terms of playing, I would also have to say American football. I don't get the whole "american football is for pansies" thing. Is basketball for pansies cuz guys don't try to kill each other? You should rank a sport on how fun it is, not on how many broken bones guys get...
Old 04-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) You should rank a sport on how fun it is, not on how many broken bones guys get...
i do, that's why i chose soccer lol

Old 04-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #18
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) American football, at least for WATCHING purposes. I really cannot think of anything more boring, anything I'd LESS want to do,than watch soccer. They run this way, that way, every way, and no one ever scores.

So,you definitely don't understand soccer(football for the rest of the world)...'cause this is one of the most exciting, perfect, complete and we can also say, democratic sport...

or maybe there's another reason:

you really don't know the wonderful feeling of being a world's champion
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 04-12-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:50 AM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) So,you definitely don't understand soccer(football for the rest of the world)...'cause this is one of the most exciting, perfect, complete and we can also say, democratic sport...

or maybe there's another reason:

you really don't know the wonderful feeling of being a world's champion
honestly, soccer's kinda weird here. if i'm not mistaken, it's the most-played organized sport for kids, even higher than baseball or basketball. but there's just not the following at the professional or int'l level prolly b/c it hasn't been that well established at those levels. i guarantee the vast vast vast majority of americans don't know that the us just moved into fifa's top 10 recently for the first time in the nation's history. pretty impressive, but it just didn't receive that much attention in the media. in the summer, it's baseball; fall & early winter is football; by the time the NFL is done, college basketball is getting good; then baseball's back on. that's, unfortunately, how it works. i'd love to see soccer get the respect here it deserves & receives everywhere else in the world, but that likely won't happen until mexicans overtake caucasians as the greatest percantage in the next hundred years lol.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:11 AM   #20
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
i HATE the wonderfully condescending air people from other countries get towards americans about soccer.
one, the only people youll insult are the only americans that share an interest with you. the rest who dont like/care about soccer dont like/care about your opinion.
and two, so what? one's interest in a sport shouldnt be determined by some men/women who they never have and never will meet's performance. just because the US mens team doesnt dominate the world, doesnt mean i enjoy it any less. doesnt mean someone living next door to ronaldo even plays.
i dont understand the correlation.
Ana, dont take it personally, it was your post that made me say this, but it isnt directed at you, its an attitude ive gotten in other places, im just venting here, lol.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-13-2005, 01:26 AM   #21
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) and two, so what? one's interest in a sport shouldnt be determined by some men/women who they never have and never will meet's performance. just because the US mens team doesnt dominate the world, doesnt mean i enjoy it any less. doesnt mean someone living next door to ronaldo even plays.
damnit, we're proud to suck lol
but, seriously, the tables might be turned in a few years. we got some good young players in Landon Donovan, DaMarcus Beasley and Freddy flippin' Adu. Freddy's fucking amazing. playing pro at 14 i think.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:54 AM   #22
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I love football (american style) the most when there is a cinderella story involved. Like this year, with the Pittsburgh steelers (my home team). Rookie QB fresh out of college makes it closer to the superbowl than anyone has gotten them for the longest time, makes cowher beat his record for undefeated streak, and all that good stuff. I also like seeing Bettis pounding the ball up the middle, getting 150 yard games almost every time. I love seeing Troy Polamalu (the safety) come out of nowhere and desicrate a wide reciever or running back, or getting an interception when, a half a second earlier he was at the other side of the field (hes a magic man). I love seeing james farrior beat up running backs and quarterbacks, it makes me happy as i sit there drinking a refreshing Miller Lite. American football is what i voted for!

Oh, and by the way, then i love arguing with the traitors, not mentioning any names **Cough**Kerri**cough cough** who live in pennsylvania, but like the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!!! New Englands getting their beating handed to them next year, oh yes, oooohhhhh yes! lol

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me

Last edited by tremonti4life04 : 04-13-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:41 AM   #23
Dani
USER INFO »
Rugby Union. There is an American Rugby side that competed at the last World Cup, and the USA are the raining olympic gold medalists for Rugby when it was last held at the games (1924) There's some useless information for ya

League is okay but it doesn't come close to real Rugby. I love Soccer as well.
What if the clocks would hesitate?
What if what is isn't true?
What are you going to do?
What if what isn't you?
Appels and Oranjes - Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.last.fm/user/lollies91/
Old 04-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #24
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Landon Donovan
im in love with him, lol.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #25
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) i HATE the wonderfully condescending air people from other countries get towards americans about soccer.
one, the only people youll insult are the only americans that share an interest with you. the rest who dont like/care about soccer dont like/care about your opinion.
and two, so what? one's interest in a sport shouldnt be determined by some men/women who they never have and never will meet's performance. just because the US mens team doesnt dominate the world, doesnt mean i enjoy it any less. doesnt mean someone living next door to ronaldo even plays.
i dont understand the correlation.
Ana, dont take it personally, it was your post that made me say this, but it isnt directed at you, its an attitude ive gotten in other places, im just venting here, lol.

Just to clarify...
First of all, I really love soccer/or football , even though i like basketball and volleyball a lot of...and i think every kind sports is GOOD, even if you play it or just watch it ...

And second one, I was just KIDDING with Uncertaindrumer, and I know he's going to understand (I hope so- lol) that joke, I didn't say any bad word to disrespect or insulting americans, sorry, but it was not my intention, no way...
In my opinion, (what is different from uncertain's opinion) soccer isn't boring, and believe me I was just defending my point of view...and of course making a joke ...

anyway, sorry ...

PS: I think sport is not to dominate the world but to unite it!!!!!!! OK????
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 04-18-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #26
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
soccer is similar here, in that no sport is played more at the junior level but none of the t.v stations want to touch it.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-13-2005, 09:52 PM   #27
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
i know you were kidding, thats why it wasnt aimed at you.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-17-2005, 04:56 AM   #28
RMadd
USER INFO »
i guess tv can't stand having 90+ minutes of programming w/o any commercials (except for "the next 15 minutes of this match brought to you by ____"). plus, americans tend to prefer gore over wits & strategy. that's why we watch NASCAR instead of World Chess Championships

Old 04-17-2005, 09:47 AM   #29
fluttergirl
USER INFO »

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-18-2005, 06:26 PM   #30
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i guess tv can't stand having 90+ minutes of programming w/o any commercials (except for "the next 15 minutes of this match brought to you by ____"). plus, americans tend to prefer gore over wits & strategy. that's why we watch NASCAR instead of World Chess Championships

Believe me, here, soccer makes a lot of money and the tv just thanks for it...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )