++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #121
IsThisTheEnd66
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
and is there anythign wrong with more " messages " to get us by in life?????
on skinned knees I'm bleeding and it won't be long
I've got to find that meaning and I'll search for so long.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:00 AM   #122
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) It has nothing to do with being a believer or not -the lyrics are bad! -this is the point!...it has nothing to do with religion stuff ...it has to do with GOOD SONG/LYRICS which GD is definitely not a remote example ...
But i have to addmit I was not expecting another religious song like RL...even though I always loved the "messages " inside Creed's songs, for instance, Faceless Man is full of biblical references and one of the most beautiful songs they had.
Agreed. I think the lyrics are mediocre, religious or not.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:16 AM   #123
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by IsThisTheEnd66) and is there anythign wrong with more " messages " to get us by in life?????

No..never say that... the wrong thing in my opinion is GD song...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-16-2005, 07:05 AM   #124
IsThisTheEnd66
USER INFO »
but theres nothing wrong with GD..... it has a very good message, the beat it good and so are the lyrics.
on skinned knees I'm bleeding and it won't be long
I've got to find that meaning and I'll search for so long.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:07 AM   #125
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ana4stapp) It has nothing to do with being a believer or not -the lyrics are bad! -this is the point!...it has nothing to do with religion stuff ...it has to do with GOOD SONG/LYRICS which GD is definitely not a remote example ...
But i have to addmit I was not expecting another religious song like RL...even though I always loved the "messages " inside Creed's songs, for instance, Faceless Man is full of biblical references and one of the most beautiful songs they had.

You dislike the lyrics because you feel they are not of very good quality. I can understand that. I agree, they are nothing special. But, in most cases, lyrics that are blatantly Christian or blatantly religious are not that good. I listen to a ton of "Christian" artists/bands as well as a ton of secular stuff. In most cases, from a lyrical aspect, the secular artists are better. Of course, there are a few Christian artists/bands who also write excellent lyrics(imo) and can easily rank with some of the great lyrically secular artists.

I guess my whole point was, don't think that because you don't like this song, you won't like the CD. I think the rest of the CD will be much better lyrically.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I am about as religious as you can get. I mean, anyone can attest to just HOW MUCH of a believer I am. BUT, I still don't like it when bands who CLAIM they aren't Christian (i.e. Creed) do a bunch of Christian lyrics. I don't mind Switchfoot (well, I mind them, but not for this reason, lol) because they don't hide the fact that they put God and Christianity into their lyrics. And they aren't even as opaque about it as Stapp is!

Nor do I like it. But I don't think Stapp will do a bunch of Christian lyrics, unless he is planning to become a Christian Contemporary artist, or a Christian Rock artist like, uh, Todd Agnew or Jeremy Camp or someone else. I think you're gonna see some spirituality in his lyrics, because the man is supposedly a devout Christian now. I think you will see him writing some songs about his journey, like he already has. But I do not think it will be excessive. And if it is, I hope he embraces the Christian music scene, if they embrace him. I definitely don't want to see Stapp become a hypocritical artist.

And don't you badmouth Switchfoot!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-16-2005, 12:34 PM   #126
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
You like Switchfoot, too? Dang Titan, you usually agree with me when I say very little is good on the radio, but then you like everything on the radio!

And if they become excessively Christian that's fine. Just don't hide from the fact that you are a Christian artist.

But yeah, these lyrics aren't bad because of that. They are just bad.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #127
titan9
USER INFO »
Switchfoot is different, lol. I appreciate their brand of positive pop rock. Mostly, I'm a fan of the lyrics and the singer(nothing special vocally, but his voice is effective). But I do hate pretty much every other artist on the Radio.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And if they become excessively Christian that's fine. Just don't hide from the fact that you are a Christian artist.

Agreed.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #128
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I think Creed lyrics were spiritual... Stapp's solo work is religious. There's a thin difference, but there's a difference.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:46 PM   #129
titan9
USER INFO »
So far it is religious, but we've only heard two songs. I'm not going to judge his solo work as being religious until I have heard the whole CD. He has said himself that this song isn't indicative of the rest of the CD, which makes me think that the rest of the CD will not be all that religious. I think it'll be spiritual, in some aspects, much like Creed's lyrics.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #130
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by IsThisTheEnd66) but theres nothing wrong with GD..... it has a very good message, the beat it good and so are the lyrics.

well...EVERYTHING is wrong with GD...

Quote: You dislike the lyrics because you feel they are not of very good quality. I can understand that. I agree, they are nothing special. But, in most cases, lyrics that are blatantly Christian or blatantly religious are not that good. I listen to a ton of "Christian" artists/bands as well as a ton of secular stuff. In most cases, from a lyrical aspect, the secular artists are better. Of course, there are a few Christian artists/bands who also write excellent lyrics(imo) and can easily rank with some of the great lyrically secular artists.

I guess my whole point was, don't think that because you don't like this song, you won't like the CD. I think the rest of the CD will be much better lyrically.

Titan, you know Im (like you are) a fan of Stapp, so I was expecting something very good from this guy...after all delays and promises of a final date, I imagined his first song 'd be good, which means having quality, beautiful lyrics because I love Stapps lyrics on Creed. Even Creed lyrics that were spirituals (yeah, Marcos your right! ) with messages and full of biblical references...dont mind, cause they had quality.They were beautiful.
Great Divide is not.Its the opposite.

Also, my point is that lately Im listening to real VERY GOOD stuff from VERY GOOD bands(MF4, Audioslave,Foo Fighters etc...)...that's impossible to me to take something lyrically similar(= bad) to Relearn Love and like it.

But of course ... I HOPE the rest of Stapp's cd can be better...I hope!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 09-17-2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:37 PM   #131
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) ...But yeah, these lyrics aren't bad because of that. They are just bad.

Exactly!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 09-17-2005, 09:30 AM   #132
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Its true. The lyrics are really poor. Its like his inspiration, if he had some, is gone. It makes me think if he was the one who wrote Creed lyrics (i know i am being nauthy here) or like we disgussed so many times it was Tremonti who wrote those lyrics. Anyway, i dont think the music is bad, its just the lyrics and the repetition he doing, like its the same song with different music.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:35 AM   #133
in reality
USER INFO »
Can't wait for the 22nd of November to get here.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #134
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Titan, you know Im (like you are) a fan of Stapp, so I was expecting something very good from this guy...after all delays and promises of a final date, I imagined his first song 'd be good, which means having quality, beautiful lyrics because I love Stapps lyrics on Creed. Even Creed lyrics that were spirituals (yeah, Marcos your right! ) with messages and full of biblical references...dont mind, cause they had quality.They were beautiful.
Great Divide is not.Its the opposite.

Also, my point is that lately Im listening to real VERY GOOD stuff from VERY GOOD bands(MF4, Audioslave,Foo Fighters etc...)...that's impossible to me to take something lyrically similar(= bad) to Relearn Love and like it.

But of course ... I HOPE the rest of Stapp's cd can be better...I hope!!

Yeah, this single would be disappointing to you. The lyrics are not that good. But the fact is, as I've stated a lot, singles typically are the weakest points of a CD. So if this is the weakest point of Stapp's solo CD, there's going to be some awesome songs on there. I don't think he's lost his ability to write awesome lyrics, or else I would not be here saying these things. I think the man still has it. If I'm wrong, I want uncertain or Ana to quote this and other posts I have made in this thread, once the CD somes out.

I've also been listening to some really good stuff from those bands that you mentioned. It definitely makes one a harsher critic of music, because of the quality of those bands. I've found myself hating mainstream Rock more and more.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:17 PM   #135
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, this single would be disappointing to you. The lyrics are not that good. But the fact is, as I've stated a lot, singles typically are the weakest points of a CD. So if this is the weakest point of Stapp's solo CD, there's going to be some awesome songs on there. I don't think he's lost his ability to write awesome lyrics, or else I would not be here saying these things. I think the man still has it. If I'm wrong, I want uncertain or Ana to quote this and other posts I have made in this thread, once the CD somes out.

I've also been listening to some really good stuff from those bands that you mentioned. It definitely makes one a harsher critic of music, because of the quality of those bands. I've found myself hating mainstream Rock more and more.

Hope you are right.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )