++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 08-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
NIN last night!!!

Trent Reznor and the rest of his NIN cohorts touched down in Melbourne last night for a stop in their Australian tour. Playing at Rod Laver Arena it was an event at the least the equal to anything Australian tennis legend Rod Laver himself would have done on that court.

NIN on record are fantastic but live they simply BRING IT! They pulled out some rare stuff and songs that people did not expect. Rather than flogging With Teeth they played stuff of all of their albums and even some non-album tracks. There was just so much power and agression and not to mention energy coming off that stage. Trent was moving around a lot around the stage but he didn't hog the limelight, sometimes moving off into the darkness to share that spotlight. Jerome Dillon on drums was just insane, his arms flaying around in a whirlwind. Alessandro Cortini on keyboards was really good particulary the effect he used on Trent's voice at the start of one of the songs. The name of the guitarist completely escapes me ( its the dude from Marilyn Manson's band from memory) and he was just insane. A few solos but it was more his stage banter and he could sing as well. At the end of the last song which I think was Head like a Hole he smashed his guitar against the speaker....good times!

So going by the music purely this was the best show I've seen including my beloved Pearl Jam. But I can't go without a couple of critcisms. It was a fantastic effort to play a 2 hour non-stop show at such ferocity. But Trent should have stopped and talked to the crowd at least a little bit. It would only have taken a profanity here and there at the right times to have the crowd go ape. Also the dudes in the "mosh pit" were so lame, only one section doing anything at all. Seems there were too many young kids in there or people were on too many drugs. Speaking of the crowd what was up with half the crowd being goths? I had never seen so much black in my entire life. There was this one REALLY big dude who was wearing this fish-net top...what the hell? I don't need to see that much of a guy who is obviously not in good shape. Credit to Trent for being in such good shape at about 40 years of age, that guy is ripped. So basically the music was as kick ass as you could expect. Some showmanship skills wouldn't have gone astray though......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
i guess he did,nt have much to say aussie HAAAAAAAAA it sound like all the engery went in to the performance the way it should be...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA conversation is good for storytellers ,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-18-2005, 02:31 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Great review, hide!!!! I knew you would love it! He barely said anything in Philly, either, except when the equipment was malfunctioning, LOL...I didn't care. I wanted to hear all the music. He says plenty through the music ...Glad you had such an awesome time. I heard you guys got Dead Souls.../jealous!!! He better pull some of that shit out in NYC and Philly .
Old 08-18-2005, 02:46 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Great review, hide!!!! I knew you would love it! He barely said anything in Philly, either, except when the equipment was malfunctioning, LOL...I didn't care. I wanted to hear all the music. He says plenty through the music ...Glad you had such an awesome time. I heard you guys got Dead Souls.../jealous!!! He better pull some of that shit out in NYC and Philly .

ah yes they did play Dead Souls for the harcore fans! Good it wasen't simply flogging With Teeth. NIN came here for the Big Day Out festival in 01 I think but its being years since Australia got the opporunity to see NIN. When you saw them were people wasted left, right and centre? People were wasted on just about every substance you can think of. A couple of bourbons and cokes were fine for me! lol I don't understand getting wasted at a concert anyway, people won't remember a thing.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-18-2005, 02:58 AM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, there are always a lot of drunk/wasted people at shows in Philly, hahha. I prefer to actually remember the show, so I have a couple of beers, maybe. If it's GA, no drinking for me because I don't want to lose my spot by having to hit the ladies room. To be honest, I'm hoping he does more of With Teeth. I really like that album a lot, and I'm so hoping to hear Sunspots and Every Day Is Exactly The Same . We got only three With Teeth songs the last time out, not that I'm complaining because it was a killer set list.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:46 AM   #6
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yeah, there are always a lot of drunk/wasted people at shows in Philly, hahha. I prefer to actually remember the show, so I have a couple of beers, maybe. If it's GA, no drinking for me because I don't want to lose my spot by having to hit the ladies room. To be honest, I'm hoping he does more of With Teeth. I really like that album a lot, and I'm so hoping to hear Sunspots and Every Day Is Exactly The Same . We got only three With Teeth songs the last time out, not that I'm complaining because it was a killer set list.

yeah i don't understand it, surely remembering the show has to be better. same deal with sporting events. if someone just wants to get wasted go to a rave or some other party, not an actual event that means anything. imagine in 10 years time when they are talking about seeing NIN. oh i don't remember much, i was stoned off my face. i was also looking forward to hearing sunspots but it was not to be. you are so lucky being able to see these bands so many times!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-18-2005, 09:03 AM   #7
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
oh btw kerri did you buy a shirt when you saw them? got a t-shirt when i was there. $40.00 is a fair bit for one but i guess that is fairly standard for a good t-shirt these days.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 AM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
We definitely are fortunate here in the U.S. when it comes to concerts. I bought a hoodie. I was a bad girl, LOL. A nice black one
Old 08-19-2005, 06:17 AM   #9
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
I am very jealous!!!

Sounds like great show heh. Please come to Perth Trent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, least I have Foo Fighters to look forward too at end of yr . . . why they are paired up with Oasis for Perth show I have no idea. Cant stand them!!!
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 08-20-2005, 09:08 AM   #10
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) I am very jealous!!!

Sounds like great show heh. Please come to Perth Trent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, least I have Foo Fighters to look forward too at end of yr . . . why they are paired up with Oasis for Perth show I have no idea. Cant stand them!!!

foos and oasis? i'ld just about give me left nut to see that. well maybe not but you know what i'm saying!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Foos yes, Oasis no, but man, Muad'Dib, the Foos kick ass live. I have seen them three times ...I heard from another aussie friend who went to both NIN shows and said both were amazing. I so can't wait for November .
Old 08-21-2005, 05:37 AM   #12
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Oasis are a super band...IMO to see both of those bands together would be fantastic. I wanted to see Foos but was going to pass up because of wanting to save some dough. But if they are going to be playing at the same venue on the same night that would be damn hard to pass up.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-21-2005, 10:01 AM   #13
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Yeah ill def go, love the Foos, dont really like Oasis at all.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 08-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm psyched that QOTSA are opening for NIN in November. I fricken love QOTSA and this is such an awesome one-two for the price of one! I saw QOTSA at Lollapalooza a couple of years ago and this winter on their solo tour. AWESOME show.