++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-04-2004, 11:26 PM   #31
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) geez, Ann and Jooji: you're being too biased. I love Stapp to death, his voice called my attention to Creed. But he lost it... he needs to taste his medicine. But this turns to be a wake up call and Stapp can be the Stapp we know and like again. He's been living hell since weathered... Flip said he never quits his cellphone... he has a child to take care... and tons of other personal problems. Who knows the future? I don't... maybe things are happening for better things to come.

Stapp needs a well-deserved time to "understand" things.

But stopp adoring Stapp like he's some kind of God. That's what took him to this. Give him a break.

Hmmmmmm...he's been living hell since Weathered, so he need to suffer for it? Strange logic there. Actually, I think the dude "understands" alot more than anyone gives him credit for. I don't adore....I try to give everyone the same amount of respect. My respect for his former band members dipped a bit today after I read that interview. If you want biased....read it again. Sure Stapp could have responded....maybe he will someday.

I won't argue the point here with you.....we disagree. That doesn't make my point invalid. My interest in whatever Alterbridge may release takes a nose dive every time I get into one of these conversations.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:47 PM   #32
Shadow
USER INFO »
I'm trying to remain on the level here. But I think it is okay for me to say that I don't care for Mark's comments at all. Why couldn't he have just said that they wanted to go in seperate directions. And just leave it at that. Mark's comment about "getting together two or three times and nothing happened" would have been fine and all we needed to know. Reading about the Weathered tour just brought back too many painful memories (for me).

Whatever happened, what's done is done and I thank Scott and Mark for making such great music. Scott's lyrics mean so much. Creed was special and will always be special to me.

I'm sure Scott will come out with his own statement. He has his own PR person, whom I'm sure will not let this go too long without some word from Scott.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:15 AM   #33
Dani
USER INFO »
Reading all this has brought a tear to my eye, even though I knew it was coming and I had pretty much already accepted it, now that it's official it's still a little hard to swallow.

I'll just add my thanks to Creed, for their music which has touched and inspired me (and gotten me through hard times) and if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't have discovered Rock music. Seeing them in concert when they came to Sydney was one of the best nights of my life, I won’t forget it.

Looking to the future, I can't wait to hear Alterbridge and Scott Stapps work (come to Australia guys, please) I will continue to support all of them in anything they do. Rock on and peace.
What if the clocks would hesitate?
What if what is isn't true?
What are you going to do?
What if what isn't you?
Appels and Oranjes - Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.last.fm/user/lollies91/

Last edited by lollies : 06-05-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:18 AM   #34
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
First, let me explain to you, Shadow, that the quotes taken in the article were from the sit down interview from MTV. In that interview (that was two hours long) Mark was asked many, many direct questions. In the article, you don't see the questions asked, just his answers. I think that Mark and Flip handled the interview with honesty, without throwing stones at Stapp. And just so you know Stapp was given every opportunity to do this interview, MTV was set to fly down to Miami the next day to interview him, and he wanted nothing to do with it. I'm sorry you don't see the article in a postive light, and I respect your opinion as such. What you saw in the article, as you well know, was very, very restrained and watered down version of the truth compared to what could have been said. On another note, I recieved your pm but have yet to respond but I will in time. As you can see things have been a little crazy recently. Take care.

Michael
Old 06-05-2004, 07:48 AM   #35
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: He's told fans at meet & greets how it is and what would be happening. All that ended up being fact

Thank you.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #36
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Michael says in reguards to the interview that was the source for the MTV article:

Quote: Mark was asked many, many direct questions.

And i'm sure his answers were just as direct as the questions...and tho we know the media can put a "spin" on anything they want...some ANSWERS tend to speak for themselves...

again...discretion is the better part of valour...

Quote: And just so you know Stapp was given every opportunity to do this interview, MTV was set to fly down to Miami the next day to interview him, and he wanted nothing to do with it.

Good for him...he will say what needs to be said when he is ready, in my opinion...and silence doesn't always mean what some may perceive it to mean...there is no fault in possibly choosing who you will or won't give an interview to and when...if at all...

~Ann~
Old 06-05-2004, 12:16 PM   #37
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Although I think MTV did an awesome job with the article, I found out something interesting last night. I did not see the interview myself when it was actually being shot. I was talking to Mark last night about it, trying to find out what else was said that had not been aired yet. He actually told me that he said quite a few complimentary things about Stapp throughout the interview and not one of them ended up in the article.

Michael
Old 06-05-2004, 12:16 PM   #38
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
You know, each of us is going to take what we want from this. And I think thany many of us will never see eye to eye on the subject; that's what keeps it interesting. Discretion is the better part of valor and therefore:

Quote: What you saw in the article, as you well know, was very, very restrained and watered down version of the truth compared to what could have been said.

Not only do I believe that Mark was not pointing fingers, he was actually covering Stapp's ass. Again. He did Stapp a huge favor. This is not some arbitrary slam against Stapp on my part so please don't take it that way, but I was at Chicago, on the rail, feet from the man and saw it all for myself. Please believe me when I tell you he covered Stapp's ass in that interview.

My opinion of course.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:18 PM   #39
ctfan
USER INFO »
Hello everyone, I've been here a few days, reading around the different forums, and this is my first post so I hope I'm doing it correctly I just wanted to say that I realize everyone has different views and thoughts about yesterday's interview and everyone will percieve it in different ways...but I have to agree with Jooji2, Shadow and Ann Allusion, my thoughts are basically the same.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:18 PM   #40
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
That's a shame Michael that those comments were cut.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:26 PM   #41
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I can't say that I'm surprised that the complimentary comments about Stapp were cut. MTV is going to make things look as controversial as they can for ratings.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-05-2004, 12:57 PM   #42
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I was talking to Mark last night about it, trying to find out what else was said that had not been aired yet. He actually told me that he said quite a few complimentary things about Stapp throughout the interview and not one of them ended up in the article.

Didn't Mark see the interview, or read the article before they were aired/printed?....I know if it was me, i would insist on being given the right to "OK" the final drafts before they became public knowledge...and this would be done as part of the stipulations before i said one word to the interviewer...call it personal insurance that my words would not be taken out of context or misquoted.

Something else...i would have thought by now that Mark would have realized how biased MTV was with Creed...and would have learned from previous experience.

Either way...what was said was said and it's water under Alter Bridge.

~Ann~
Old 06-05-2004, 01:08 PM   #43
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Didn't Mark see the interview, or read the article before they were aired/printed?....I know if it was me, i would insist on being given the right to "OK" the final drafts before they became public knowledge...and this would be done as part of the stipulations before i said one word to the interviewer...call it personal insurance that my words would not be taken out of context or misquoted.

It doesn't work that way in the print or television news. Originally, that intent was to keep the reporting as objective and fair as possible so that the subject of the news would not skew it to his or her advantage. It's called a free press. The *news* business these days certainly doesn't operate with fairness in mind anymore. I've been in it for 20-plus years and much of the integrity and fairness that people at least tried to hold onto is now gone. Still, under what purports to be a free press, what you would insist upon would be considered censorship.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:59 PM   #44
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
To Jooji and Shadow:

I never said Stapp has to suffer more. What I meant, and I understand it didn't sound the way it was supposed to, is that Stapp's singing gave hope and love for so many that he didn't get any. He helped a lot of people in a way or the other, and he needs help now, but it seems he doesn't want to be helped.

I hope all of this comes to the best of his person, because he's changed to the worst, wanting it or not. I do hope we see the old smiling Stapp again.

And this is MTV... of course they would cut the complimentary parts because they'll love to blame it on Stapp, who openly says he dislikes MTV.

I like the way Mark and Flip managed the interview, they didn't throw any stone on Stapp from my point of view.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:19 PM   #45
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
and once again...everybody will end up agreeing to disagree...

Dogstar, in reguards to your comment...since you have been around the media business for so long and know what it can be like...one can OK a final draft of an interview/article and it can still remain objective, fair and honest...with the way the media is today....all the more reason to make sure one is not misquoted...right?

I'm sure that if ALL the props given Stapp were left out of the final cut of the interview and the article, as Michael said he was told, that something will be said and done about it...i do hope i am correct in thinking such a thing will happen...

Because to say nothing and let it slide as "just another media thing"....is akin to agreeing with them and the way they presented it...using the media as an excuse would be inexcusable. (this not only applies in this case, but in all cases where the media abuses it's power)...

~Ann~