++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
1st time you heard Creed..

Well everyday I am getting more excited about the reunion and just thought I would get everybody's input on the first time they heard Creed. I remember like it was yesterday. My friends brother had this cd called "my own prison" by this band creed and I would eventually go over to his house just to listen to the cd. I then was sleeping one night on the couch and awoke by a commercial for Creed's Human Clay cd. So with no money I asked for my own prison and human clay for Christmas and got hooked. Listening to Creed help me get through High School and its funny how this reunion is bringing me back to those days.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: 1st time you heard Creed..

I was in highschool. It was in the evening and I was in my room doing homework. I had the radio on in the background and all of a sudden I just started paying attention to what was on and I loved it. The song was My Own Prison, but I didn't know that or who the band was until a few days later when I heard the song again.

Awesome.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

I was sort of late into knowing them but I remember seeing parts of the "Higher" music video being played on MTV in 99 not knowing who they we're and then finally hearing the whole song on the radio and being blown away. From there I bought "My Own Prison "& "Human Clay"...& was hooked ever since.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
lmaiello
USER INFO »

I was sitting down in my living room watching MTV and My Own Prison came on....I knew it the second the video ended that they were going to be HUGE...at that time Ricky Martin And Backstreet Boys were all over the place...Thank God that ended......

Anyone ever hear of dc Talk? That was another band I was really into... Christian rock....
Old 05-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
nagpo
USER INFO »

I was pretty young at the time, so I dont really remember the MOP days. I think the first song I heard may have either been Higher or With arms wide open. I heard it on the radio. Human Clay was one of my very first albums.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I was somewhere between my early to mid twenties when I bought the MOP cassette, ya tape. I caught a bit of the MOP vid on my way out of the house one day and I liked what I heard.
Me and some friends had motorcycles and being young and stupid we did alot of drinking and riding.The same week I bought the tape one night after our group seperated one of us didn't make it home. After the funeral our group rode over to my house for his wake. His girlfriend told me he loved Creed so I unwrapped the MOP tape and it played all night.

-Homer Simpson

Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #7
nagpo
USER INFO »

^ awesome
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I was somewhere between my early to mid twenties when I bought the MOP cassette, ya tape. I caught a bit of the MOP vid on my way out of the house one day and I liked what I heard.
Me and some friends had motorcycles and being young and stupid we did alot of drinking and riding.The same week I bought the tape one night after our group seperated one of us didn't make it home. After the funeral our group rode over to my house for his wake. His girlfriend told me he loved Creed so I unwrapped the MOP tape and it played all night.

Sorry to hear about your friend man...
Old 05-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
tuluks
USER INFO »

it was around in may 2000, i was in high school. waiting in the car, i heard higher on the radio. talk about love at first listen, i remember instantly loving the part "so lets go there" with the heavy guitar riff, and i thought that was the most beautiful sounding song ive ever heard...
later on i saw the music video and loved creed even more. then i heard the intro to higher, and i thought, man... this guy is a fucking genious comeing up with a tune like this.... and i would replay the intro strumming to higher over and over coz it sounded sooo good... lol.
later i got a ripped copy of human clay, and scratched it from non stop listening for weeks on end. got all my friends hooked.
all this happened back in my home land. now in US its a dream to gonna go to the concert.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) Sorry to hear about your friend man...

Thanks, I've got a heavy connection to that album.

-Homer Simpson

Old 05-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I was in highschool. It was in the evening and I was in my room doing homework. I had the radio on in the background and all of a sudden I just started paying attention to what was on and I loved it. The song was My Own Prison, but I didn't know that or who the band was until a few days later when I heard the song again.

Awesome.

Same story for me except I was in middle school and it was Higher. Late 1999. My musical tastes have drastically changed in the last few years, but I can't help but be a little excited about this. They were my favorite band for 4 years.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:26 AM   #12
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

I was 13 and stuck in some screwed up family... issues, down in NC. I had already gotten My introduction to rock music thanks to Pearl Jam and Fuel, but then... then I heard this one particular song that changed how I would even view music from that moment on. "My Own Prison" did for Me what nothing else could do; provided catharsis. Before I knew what the word meant, I knew the feeling...

I am heavily indebted to Creed for just... being at the right place at the right time, I guess. They were what I needed then, and I am never going to stop being grateful for that.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

These stores are great. Eusebio, I'm sorry about your loss. *hugs*

I was listening to the radio years ago and heard One and loved the heavy riffage at the end of that song. I didn't know who the band was, so I called my sister and started telling her about it, and she's like, it's Creed. Where have you been, under a rock? I've been hooked ever since. Because of Creed and this board, I met some of the coolest people ever and some have become my very good friends. I will be indebted to Creed forever for that. Thank you, Creed.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #14
lpshinoda11
USER INFO »

It was like....1999 and my friend's dad had Human Clay and we were looking for new music to listen to so we popped it in and keep in mind that at this time I was into the stuff on MTV like Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys so he popped it in and I heard "What If" and I said to myself "This is the greatest fucking band I've ever heard" and from then on they were my favorite and now I'm more of a rocker but I still listen to the stuff I liked when I was a kid for nostalgia.

Can't wait for Full Circle
Don't give a f**k, if I cut my arm bleeding
Would this be wrong would this be right?
If I took my life tonight, chances are that I might
Mutilation out of site, so I contiplated suicide
I'm losing my sight, losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me I'm blind
I'm losing my sight, losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me I'm blind

Last Resort - Papa Roach
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #15
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

I remember MOP being brand new on the radio, so probably sometime in '97-98.