++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #31
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp arrested again

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I'm not saying she is abused, but dropping the restraining order is not uncommon with abused women. They do it out of fear, or because they think it's best to stay because of the children. She may think she doesn't have options. I would think in her case she might have options, but even so, you get to certain point and you don't want to upset the apple cart and make the abuser more angry by leaving. I'm hoping this is not the case with them.

That same thought popped into my head when I read that article. I just hope and pray this isn't the case.

I do have to say that based on what I know about Scott, he seems to be a really nice guy while sober, but definitely a mean person while intoxicated. The key for him is beating his addictions. That solves, I think, most of his personality problems. It's easier said than done, but if he has the will, he can do it. Not just for himself but for his kids. They desperately need a stable household to grow up in.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Yeah, he seems to be of the "mean drunk" variety, which is dangerous. I hope he gets the help he needs, for the sake of himself, as well as for his family.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »

^ Yeah. And the latest news (well, before the news of the order being dropped) of him supposedly breaking two doors hits close to home with me. That is freakin' scary! Forget about the new CD. He needs to take a long time to go through rehab and pick up the pieces.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:08 PM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Yup. It may take years.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:40 AM   #35
nagpo
USER INFO »

lol what fucking idiot. he has a great life, a beautiful wife 2 beautiful kids. he lives in a huge house and gets to do what he loves for a living - sing! but he has to fuck it up with this stuff. i have no respect for this guy, i no longer support his carrer(if you can call it that) . *throws out creed and stapp albums* what a hypocrite. no more excuses.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I will always enjoy the music, but yeah, he's running out of second, third and fourth chances with a lot of people.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #37
Stappishot
USER INFO »

I don't know, I don't want to think I know either, but as someone said b4, I think this happened b4 as well. she finally got the strength to call the cops in this matter.but I think stapp is gonna be stapp, and no matter what, he's gonna do what he wants to do. No one an change him only he can change himself. It seems to me that he cares more about drugs then his family at times. He has beautiful kids, and needs to live for them, period! He is really losing chances with me as a fan as well, I don't know how many times I can stomach another "I'm sorry" episode from stapp! I don't know how many sorry letters I can handle, I'm so sick of him saying sorry then pulling stupid stunts again, and again, how many times do we have to hear that?? He needs yrs of work, not months to get away from that life of drugs, sorry to say but, he's definitely gonna cause him to lose his family if he keeps this up! As for the lawyer saying she's in this for money, I don't know, but if she is, that's just crazy! I'm sure this is not the only time this has happened, and I think she is in fear of him, and that's y she dropped the order, my friend was abused for many yrs, and this is the same way she reacted as well, as in dropping the order, cause she was afraid of what he might do. My friend was always smiles, but deep down inside she was hurting so bad, and I'm glad she finally spoke up to me and other friends of hers, and she's doing good. I always noticed with Jaclyn also that she would smile from ear to ear when she first met him, if u see her pics with him, but then months later, I noticed her smile not being so bright as it used to be. I hope they both get the help they need, b4 it gets worse.

Last edited by Stappishot : 06-11-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #38
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

With All Due Respects To everyone opions and thoughts and views i think and do believe we have heared every Reguler member here at the feeds opion for respect of this communtiy and we are close friends here lets keep the gossip and remarks on stapp and his family in a private message for those of you who wish to keep bringing this matter up in this thread, LOVE PEACE Ya,alls
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 06-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #39
MissSeeker
USER INFO »

I pray for Scott. I hope he gets through his alcohol and drug abuse problems.
I hope he and his family will get through these hard times.

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 06-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #40
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I pray for Scott. I hope he gets through his alcohol and drug abuse problems.
I hope he and his family will get through these hard times.
he,ll take a licking and keep on ticking..
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #41
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavensOnFire) he,ll take a licking and keep on ticking..

"lets keep the gossip and remarks on stapp and his family in a private message"

So your "remark" is acceptable because it's positive?

Thanks, but I'll continue to speak my mind.

-Homer Simpson

Old 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #42
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) lol what fucking idiot. he has a great life, a beautiful wife 2 beautiful kids. he lives in a huge house and gets to do what he loves for a living - sing! but he has to fuck it up with this stuff. i have no respect for this guy, i no longer support his carrer(if you can call it that) . *throws out creed and stapp albums* what a hypocrite. no more excuses.

exactly my feelings on the issue. Once, fine, i can brush it off... Twice, not so cool, time to straighten things out... But at this point i can't even count how many times this has happened.

It's pretty obvious to me why the AB guys are in the position they are right now.

If he can right his wrongs then that's awesome and he will get my respect back. But right now he's just another deadbeat dad that you would find on some stupid talk show. So many people have put so much energy into trying to help him and he just keeps going back to his ways. He won't change until he wants to change.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #43
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Yes, Scott is indeed getting out of hand! You're right no one can change this man, he has to change himself, and I don't see him doing that anytime soon! He loves to party and drink to much as he has shown us number of times! He has the life, all he has to do is sing for a living, and he's set for life! I hope Jaclyn knows what she's doing, I really do, she has to think if that's a safe environment for the kids and herself. I read a statement from Jaclyn the day she made a report on Scott about what happened, and I just want to tell everyone, these are NOT my words or anyone else's words, these are JACLYN'S words.

"She alleged in the document that her husband is a drug addict with a bad temper. She said he threw a juice bottle at her head as hard as he could Sunday morning. She ducked and it hit the wall, making a dent, she said. On April 1, she added, he threw a baby's chair swing at her, leaving a black and blue mark on her body. On the same day, he threw a picture frame and broke a glass closet door. In addition, he broke the door to her bathroom in an attempt to get her, she said in the document".

An attempt to get her!!!! After I read that, my skin crawled, and not in a good way! Why does she put up with this??? He's not gonna stop until he feels good!!! She has to think about her safety as well as her kids safety!!! Marriage is not good enough when a person is getting abused, even if there is a child involved!!! That is just horrible! I will not support an abuser of any sort!!! Scott Stapp needs to grow up and stop hurting people that he claims he loves!!!! I think he needs to be single and take time out for himself, a lot of time, let Jaclyn have the kids until he feels in his heart of hearts that he is ready to be a MAN and not a fucking child!!! This shit just tops the cake! This is not good at all!! I am so feed up with Scott right now!

This is the document I found online that says it::::

The wife of former Creed lead singer Scott Stapp said in a court document filed Monday that deputies called to the home for a domestic dispute found cocaine, marijuana and other drugs in her husband's car.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office made no mention of drugs in an arrest report released Monday. Sheriff's spokesman Paul Miller declined Tuesday to say whether deputies found drugs at Stapp's $4.9 million property west of Boca Raton, Fla. But Miller said his agency has opened another investigation connected to Sunday's incident. He would not give further details.

"We opened a separate case relative to what was observed and transmitted orally to deputies at the scene. They initiated an investigation that is open and we can't comment on it," he said.

Stapp's wife, Jaclyn, made a similar allegation to sheriff's dispatchers Sunday morning when she said her husband threw a juice bottle at her, according to the 911 tape released Tuesday. The former Miss New York pleaded for help after the couple got into a fight over her husband staying out all night.

"He's hiding all the drugs. He's got a big bag of pot and a bag of dope," she frantically told a Sheriff's Office dispatcher.

She ranted that Stapp was still intoxicated when he came home.

"He's wasted," she said. "He's on drugs. He's on pot. There's a lot of drugs in the house."

Stapp's defense attorney, Robert Gershman, said there weren't drugs at the property.

"I don't know where that came from," he said. "It's questionable at best."

Other defense attorneys said statements to 911 dispatchers aren't always true. They said the same can be applied to restraining orders, like the one Jaclyn Stapp filed in court Monday against her husband, even though the documents are supposed to be sworn statements.

"It's not unusual for victims to say what they want," attorney Michael Salnick said, referring to 911 calls.

Deputies arrested Scott Stapp for felony aggravated assault, and he spent the night in county jail. Circuit Judge Cory Ciklin reduced the charge Monday to a misdemeanor assault and freed Stapp on supervised release, which requires him to check in weekly with counselors. The judge ordered the singer to avoid contact with his wife and barred him from entering their home except to use the recording studio there. He also ordered Stapp to undergo random drug testing.

Hours later, Circuit Judge Charles Burton granted Jaclyn Stapp a restraining order forbidding her husband from entering their house or her mother's Boca Raton home and staying away from her and their baby, Milan.

She alleged in the document that her husband is a drug addict with a bad temper. She said he threw a juice bottle at her head as hard as he could Sunday morning. She ducked and it hit the wall, making a dent, she said. On April 1, she added, he threw a baby's chair swing at her, leaving a black and blue mark on her body. On the same day, he threw a picture frame and broke a glass closet door. In addition, he broke the door to her bathroom in an attempt to get her, she said in the document.

Sunday's arrest was the latest trouble for Scott Stapp, who founded Creed, won a Grammy Award in 2000 for the song With Arms Wide Open and whose group sold 25 million records in the United States before breaking up in 2004. He was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness at the Los Angeles airport on his way to his 2006 honeymoon with Jaclyn. On Thanksgiving 2005, he got into a fight in a Baltimore hotel with members of the rock band 311.

The singer admitted to Rolling Stone magazine that he had struggled with drugs and was traveling with a "sobriety coach" on his latest solo tour.

Gershman couldn't be reached late Tuesday to comment on the restraining order but said the call to 911 Sunday was "motivated by selfishness over money and custody of at least one or both children." Scott Stapp has a son, Jagger, 8, from a previous relationship.

Jaclyn Stapp's attorney, Michael Gora, said she called for help out of fear.
"Her motivation in making the 911 call was to protect herself and the party's child Milan because she was in fear for her life, and for no other reason whatsoever."
Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »

He's got some serious issues, and I don't think anyone can defend him anymore. Lord knows I quit a long time ago. I pray for him, but I don't think he's going to change. At least he hasn't given any indication of this. It is really sad the downward spiral his life has taken in the past 5 years.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #45
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) He's got some serious issues, and I don't think anyone can defend him anymore. Lord knows I quit a long time ago. I pray for him, but I don't think he's going to change. At least he hasn't given any indication of this. It is really sad the downward spiral his life has taken in the past 5 years.

The only people that still defend Scott is PBF, I'm not knocking them by any means, but they are better then me, let me tell ya. I couldn't keep on supporting a person such as him. He proved himself so much in a bad way, that I'm sorry to say, I lost hope. It doesn't seem like he wants help at all. The man is getting older and still acts like he's 15!

Last edited by Stappishot : 06-18-2007 at 09:31 PM.