++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-06-2004, 07:19 PM   #61
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) Of course there's a big difference, Stapp and Kennedy are two very different singers so obviously going from one to the other will mean a change in how everything sounds. I just don't see how Tremonti, Marshall, and Phillips were being held back in Creed.

I'll make it simple for you. Stapp would not have allowed:

All the guitar solos Marks has in ODR, unless they were simple, basic and unobtrusive; the complexity of the guitar solos; Phillips double bass drumming in a many of the songs; songs like 'lingus, FTR, WYW, etc., because they are too heavy, much more instrumentally complex, and only singable for a select few.

This list is just for starters.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:44 PM   #62
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by I'mRational) I'll make it simple for you. Stapp would not have allowed:

All the guitar solos Marks has in ODR, unless they were simple, basic and unobtrusive; the complexity of the guitar solos; Phillips double bass drumming in a many of the songs; songs like 'lingus, FTR, WYW, etc., because they are too heavy, much more instrumentally complex, and only singable for a select few.

This list is just for starters.

I'll just say this. If what is now on the current AB cd....would have been on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it. Not EVERYONE likes that kind of music.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:32 AM   #63
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
I actually thought Creed would be moving in this direction anyway but who knows.

As for Creed getting back together. I think it is very possible. Yes; all the guys are happy doing their own thing right now but who knows what 5 to 10 years brings. I mean just look at all the highly succesful bands that have broken up and then reformed. Some people have all ready mentioned Van Halen and Bon Jovi. But there are a ton more. Journey, Styx, Motley Crue, Poison and even Metallica has been at the breaking point a couple of times (although never officially). Billy Joel said he was never going to tour again and low and behold 2 years later I was watching him and Elton John perform on stage together to a sold out arena 2 nights in a row. For crying out loud Kiss breaks up and reforms at random intervals of the year. Look at Fleetwood Mac, I think it was something like 15 years they didn't even talk to each other, the hate was so high, and now they are back making records and touring. Sometimes people say things and fully mean them at the time but later on time passes and those things that are said come undone.

It's kind of like this. Being in a band is like being part of a family but sometimes families have problems and they don't talk for years or sometimes ever again. But there is always going to be a chance. And even if you want Creed to stay dead and buried I think that people should at least view it as a possibility, however remote.

What I do hope happens though is that Scott can rekindle at least a friendship with Mark and the rest of the guys because in the almost a decade I followed Creed it seemed like their friendship was what really drove them.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #64
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) geez... are Robyn and Kerry the only reasonable people on this thread???
I would rate myself as reasonable... I just don't think Creed will reunite, but it would be truely awesome if they did!! And truely stinky at the same time...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-07-2004, 09:54 PM   #65
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I'll just say this. If what is now on the current AB cd....would have been on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it. Not EVERYONE likes that kind of music.

Thank you for clearing that up.....

'cause everybody loves hard rock.......
Old 10-08-2004, 01:15 AM   #66
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Thank you for clearing that up.....

'cause everybody loves hard rock.......

If AB's music is your kinda thang...that's great! I'm just not everybody...
Old 10-08-2004, 02:02 AM   #67
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
I believe he was being sarcastic, saying that NOT everybody likes hard rock
Correct me if I'm wrong....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 10-08-2004, 02:37 AM   #68
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) I believe he was being sarcastic, saying that NOT everybody likes hard rock
Correct me if I'm wrong....

You got it

Flutter add me to your AIM

my aim is

DekwannaBflea

Last edited by DekWannaBFlea : 10-08-2004 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #69
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I'll just say this. If what is now on the current AB cd....would have been on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it. Not EVERYONE likes that kind of music.

That's fine, but my post has nothing to do with liking or not liking the music. it is strickly about the muscians being held back.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #70
ctfan
USER INFO »
[quote=I'mRational]That's fine, but my post has nothing to do with liking or not liking the music. it is strickly about the muscians being held back./QUOTE]

HUH??? When I listened to AB's cd, I heard heavy guitar riffs, and long long solo's. Most of AB's fan have raved on and on about how "Mark just rips it up" and "shreds". And about how he's opened up so much on this album.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he's doing all those things...then wouldn't it stand to reason that it would show up as "music"???

What I'm saying is this, if he had "opened up" on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it because I don't particularly care for it.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:45 PM   #71
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) I would rate myself as reasonable... I just don't think Creed will reunite, but it would be truely awesome if they did!! And truely stinky at the same time...
No, you're not. You're an AB soccer mom.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #72
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
This is so frickin' funny... (about being heavier)...

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:42 PM   #73
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wind-Up has way too much of a say in the sounds of its bands. I think that's why it took so long for Submersed's CD to get out there.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:00 PM   #74
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Wind-Up has way too much of a say in the sounds of its bands. I think that's why it took so long for Submersed's CD to get out there.

________
Female Advice Forum
________
French cooking

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:34 PM   #75
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) This is so frickin' funny... (about being heavier)...

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.

Great post man. This is what I've been thinking anyway. I thought that Creed would have put out something resembling ODR and I am surprised that people are saying that the album sounds nothing like Creed. I mean really the guys didn't change that much musically since Weathered came out that ODR sounds that different. Yes it is harder and yes Mark shreds a whole lot on the album but this was all stuff that had been talked about being brought in by not just Mark but Scott as well.

I don't get why people keep saying Scott was holding them back. And Scott wouldn't allow this or that. I mean c'mon people Mark was voted guitarist of the year for what 3 years straight or something like that. Where was Scott's egomaniacal leash on Mark holding him back there, I'm sure he wouldn't want Mark getting any credit for helping make Creed what it was. I'm obviously being sarcastic there but maybe someone will see my point. I don't think anything was holding the guys back, it was the music they wanted to make at the time and ODR was somewhere along the lines of what I thought was a natural progression (of course without Scott's influence or his invisible tether cord to hold Mark and Flip back )